Members
Usergroups
Meridian 59 (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Demarkus

Best online game ever

Meridian 59 is the best RPG game ever made... best pvp content and awesome gameplay. I wish there were more games out there just like it.
Join up on server 101 and have some fun

Demarkus
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:19 pm

Judas

Actually, this game used to be really good but because of bad updates (or lack of updates) and horrible customer service it has gone down the tubes. The people running it dont even play the game so they make updates that look to help but really ruin the play of most of the people, I will admit the pvp is decent but not as good as it used to be and you'll realize after investing a ton of time into your character that in the end it wasnt worth it. I suggest playing a game with better graphics and better customer support like EQ, plus in EQ when you get bored at least you can sell your character and not have to cancel it like you would have to in meridian =))
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:00 am

The Beast

Such a pity

I really pity you Judas ... just like all the others who still play EQ. EQ have more customer service? bwhahaha, nice one. Read the article from the following link to fully understand me : http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/27/1748252&mode=thread&tid=127

Now you know the truth.

DaBeast
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:13 am

VenenO

The revival of meridian as we know it.

Well, first off to those who know it as 3do ran it. I would say NDS is doing alot better with it than 3do could ever imagine. To me back when I played 3do version on more than one server, 100,101,103, 106, 106 (probably not that order) they seemed to not care to much about the balancing of the schools. NDS has done much better with balancing issues. There is also no more infamous "Terminator" Ie guardianakana (James from Customer support). And now with the 2 origional coders running it they are free to let it evolve how they see fit. The new soldier shields are pretty neat for those that want pvp without having to go colored and worry about faction loss (just don't hit your own faction memebers). What else....stamina loss from entering your guild hall has been knocked out and a few new spells introduced and shifted aroudn which overall brings a balance to the game that was fairly lopsided before. either you were qor or shallile. now its viable to play riija and some of the other schools also. Overall i have been pleased with the re-release and would only have a few things I would like to see fixed.

1) Let us use bows with the soldier shields
or
2) Put soth's and ao3's back in.

VenenO/Mace Windu
server 101
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:12 am

Fahrenheit

M59 vs EQ

Yes EQ has graphics, yes EQ has time consuming quests and it has buncha people.
Now lets talk about what Meridian59 has and EQ doesnt, In eq, no one is really your friend, you dont get close to people, People always fighting eachother over loot, camps etc, you name it. M59 has the BEST PvP system. - In meridian you dont need to play 9hours a day to get things done, unlike most games out there which take 5-20hours per level or whatnot. M59 would blow any game out of the way, the only reason its not, is the graphics, which im sure is an easy fix, and I have total faith in the current Admins to get that aspect of the game up to date.

Anyways those are MY 2cents,
Fahrenheit/Mike

P.S. I am not some eq newbie -
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:23 am

Haruspex

Judas got banned?

Judas, didn't you get banned today?

The game has great updates. Don't listen to the troublemaker that obviously is biased against the admins that care about the game. This is the best online game I have ever played
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:27 am

Arkblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The game simply has the best pvp available. I'm sure that NDS will eventually update the game to look like all the other games out there (or maybe even better, who knows?) but graphics never really bothered me that much.

If you want eye candy then by all means play EQ or AC. But if you want high action pvp, Meridian is the best.

///Arkblade (101)
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:23 pm