Any secrets under water?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Any secrets under water?

I remember in gothic one you had to swim under rocks and such to reach secret areas (ie Xardas' old tower to get the super armor), is there any such areas in G2. I read on the Jowood forums that no such place exists and that kinda stinks. Just wondering.

Also, did anyone enter the valley of mines for the first time at a high level, if so was it still fun. Because I'm getting the vibe that since I'm about to enter the vally at already being level 16 that it may be really boring because of the high level. Just a concern.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:03 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Level 16? your gonna get your arse handed to you

One Orc will likely kill you, and you wont really have a hope of taking on the Elite orcs, or shamens, or lizardmen until you much higher level.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:10 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

There is are two secret places I know in the Vally of Mines...
Go to the river at the beginning, and you'll see a brige before that bride is a rock if you swim to that rock sou'll see an opening and there is some gold (about 150) and a Dragen Snapper Transform Spell. Then there is this place where the Dragon Hunters are in Chapter 4, in the ice region, go there and you'll find water falling down (waterfall dont know if it's called this way). You can swimm trough and there are a lot of Mushrooms there.

Then in the "new world' are some mines that have a lot of ore...

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:15 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well, its good to hear both of you. Not that I'm going to die all the time but that it will still be a challange and about the secrets underwater that is great news because I haven't found anything around kohrinis (sp?). What i don't get is why the orcs in the valley are so much harder than the ones I killed around Kohrinis? I even took down some orc in black armor with out trouble. I'm using the orc slayer blade or Dragons Bane and have 80 str ad 70% master level with 1h and 40% with 2h.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:20 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Those in Khorinis area in chapter 1 were mostly (not all) scouts - 250 Exp. Those You encounter in Valley are warriors and elite for 300 and 350(?) Exp.
Of course they may just have better food and more sleep laying around castle and waiting for You to come and end their pointless existence
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:56 pm
Speeder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm, I havn't encountered any scout orcs around Khorinis, but

There is a warrior orc, that I've killed with ease (level 6 at that time), and an elite orc, which I could not kill at level 7 with rough bastard sword . All very close to the city.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:26 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Speeder
hmm, I havn't encountered any scout orcs around Khorinis, but

The orc scout is probably quest-specific. I don't think it exists unless you're doing that quest.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:54 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I don't think the orc scout is quest specific, cause I can't remeber taking on any quests about orcs other than the one for Harad the blacksmith. If you leave town through the gate you probably used the first time you entered the city, the orc scout will be somewhere down to the right, between a shadow beast and some black goblins. They all kicked my ass... I'll get them yet though...
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:11 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Krag you need to get yourself a bow and have one of the hunters go out with you (dont remember their names; one sits right outside of Bosper's and the other worked for Bosper) either one of them will go hunting with you, and while you play support with bow he will take the majority of them out for you. If you tell him you want to go further in, youll see some real low-level action
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:02 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Nirvy

One Orc will likely kill you, and you wont really have a hope of taking on the Elite orcs, or shamens, or lizardmen until you much higher level.

I was level 12 and slaughtered the Orcs around the castle, as well as completely clearing the New Camp area. You just have to be smart about it.

There's an Orc Warrior in a cave near the East Gate and an Orc Scout in the little valley below Lobart's farm.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:39 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

There is an Orc Elite: If you walk from Akils farm to the lighthouse you'll soon find you'r self dead because of an ambushing elite orc.......

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:20 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Nirvy

Serious? Level 16 is too powerful ;P
level 10-12 is enough.

but of course, everyone will say something different based on their personal experiences...

what class you are makes a difference too.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:30 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

The orcs you encounter in newworld are the same as the ones in the valley, if he already had no trouble with the elite orc and the one in the cave then he will be fine, remember he has the orc slayer so he has 65 str at least. He's quite powerful. If he has 60% 1H he can take on 2-3 orcs at a time.

The only easy orc you meet is the scout, theres only one of those and he's meant for Harad's quest. Take Bartok with you and go kick him in his fat orc ass.

Orcs are pretty easy to fight at any level anyway, once you learn their fighting patern. Just swipe at them and move back, they will make their running attack at you, as they come with raised weapon slash them twice (this works with 30 and 60 in 1h). Then step back a bit so they can do their charge again. Rinse repeat.

If you wanna get fancy you can dodge their running attack then move in behind them and slash them 2-3 times using the sideways attacks, then step back again. Easy pickings.

the hardest foes to fight early on are skeletons anyway. Their patern is harder to learn but once you learn that the battles are fun. Don't ever fight multiple skellies if you are below 20 and make sure you have good armor on you. And weapon protection rings.

At level 16 he will be slaghtering orcs and lizardmen well enough and it will be fun enough to not be boring. You can still get careless and get swarmed though so be careful.

you still have to be careful with shamans though, their fireballs hurt when you are wearing flimsy armor.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:55 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I'll bring everyone back to the main topic here:

I found one underwater tunnel that leads to an opening where you can get air. I was swimming around looking for secret passages near the mountain in the valley of mines where the fire lizards and the red dragon is located. If your in the water near the bridge side of the mountain, you can find a small tunnel leading to an opening inside the mountain. I never did figure out what it is there for. You can look up and see the tunnel loops upward, which seemed impossible to follow without the ability to fly. I assumed there was some sort of trap or hole somewhere in the dragons layer, and left the area after a short inspection. Until now, I had forgotten about the whole thing. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any holes in the ground at the top of the mountain as I had suspected. If anyone knows what that tunnel is for, let me know.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:27 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I‘ve been wondering about that tunnel myself…and I don’t remember it being there in G1 either.

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:26 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next