Usergroups
Evil Islands
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Ok, im ready to play this multiplayer. Ive made this huge hulk of a woman named Iron Maiden, and she's ready to kick some low-level creature's into the next county.

Why arent I playing with the "Evil Islands Community?" Because most of them dont speak english, and the other half flat-out cheat,literally. There is no PvP in Evil Islands, that is except for if you have a patch that lets you kill other players. Well, there are a few clans that use this patch. If you want to play legit, message here, I will PM the person I saw comment earlier in this thread about playing.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:57 pm
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

samhain...email me at Xristo903@cs.com We can start whenever you are ready
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:29 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Alright email sent, game set up now. Let me know if you cant get in, i have firewall type stuff up, doesnt normally give me problems hosting games.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:51 pm
sharp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm having problems with mine, can anyone help me?? I played past beginning and helped Babur but when I click on anything past the shop screen (item constructor, equip character) it resets my computer for no reason. No error message, it just shuts it down and restarts.
It says veresion 1.06 and I couldn't find any later patchs. Here's my specs:

Windows XP Home
AMD Athlon 2200+
128 MB NVidia Geforce 4200 Ti+
516 MB DDRAM
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:52 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
Ok, im ready to play this multiplayer. Ive made this huge hulk of a woman named Iron Maiden, and she's ready to kick some low-level creature's into the next county.

Why arent I playing with the "Evil Islands Community?" Because most of them dont speak english, and the other half flat-out cheat,literally. There is no PvP in Evil Islands, that is except for if you have a patch that lets you kill other players. Well, there are a few clans that use this patch. If you want to play legit, message here, I will PM the person I saw comment earlier in this thread about playing.

I had alot of fun with this game, in single player and especially multiplayer(I played multiplayer with my brother, who I could trust not to cheat). Well, actually we did cheat, but we only used the infinite money cheat. We got tired of dying so easily and so often and getting frustrated and the money cheat allowed us to get a foothold in the game and still have a challenge and have fun(we still ended up dying frequently if we weren't careful, but nowhere near as often as before). I had this big fighter(maximum size) who looked like a zombie, and my brother had this midget zombie(minimum size) who specialized in magic. He was so funny looking. Unfortunately, I played so much for so long that I just burned myself out and just got totally bored of it.
Now, if Evil Islands 2 comes out, I'll be there in an instant. I'm hoping though that in Evil Islands 2, they will tone down the difficulty a bit, because I think the level of difficulty did turn some people off and encouraged people to cheat to some extent.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:13 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Im at the point now, that the game has become too difficult to go on for the most part, which is disappointing. The creatures heal as fast as they are doled out damage. To the point now that i just speed up the game during battle and have 2 chars healing my main one the whole time, hoping to be able to score some good hits and kill the beast. The huge trolls, elementals, and all that are ridiculously overpowered. Ive dumped tons of points into melee and sword, to the point melee is like at lvl 50. Still, he swings and swings and swings, making contact once every 7 swings. Ridiculous. I really didnt want to cheat in this game at all, but I did in order to get past a platoon of trolls that are nearly impossible to kill. Im now up against some new things that just wipe my party out in no time. Ive got pretty much the best of all equipment(legitly gotten), and so does my party. Effin pisses me of, ive spent alot of time and effort on this game. No wonder it was in the bargain bin. *spits! ='.'=
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:35 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I really liked the game (and there're some replies of mine floating around this forum, but a lot of time ago).

Tough and challenging, highly recommended.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 1:48 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Re: Evil Islands

quote:
Originally posted by RuySan
Just wondering what other people think of these game. It got it free with a magazine 2 weeks ago, and i'm really enjoying it. And i've never seen any fuss about this one. I think that it's vastly underrated. What do you guys think?

I played it several years ago, it was too boring, too slow and too hard for me. I tried it once more before one year or so and it was too boring, too slow and too hard. Graphics was nice, but not my favourit type of game :].
Post Sat May 03, 2003 2:07 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2