Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do you die and get back on the horse?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Cresho
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you die and get back on the horse?

I remember playing the first gothic very well. I would see a pack a wolves for the first time and jump into the pit just to see if i can kill them. If i died, then i would simply restart the game and avoid them.

For gothic 2, i managed to figure out a stratagy to get more out of the game than I would playing it regularly.-insted of doing what i did in gothic 1, if i die once, i dont play the game for the rest of the day and start again another day. Now the interesting part of this is I"RUN LIKE HELL!" if the creatures are way stronger after i initiated an attack and had no effect. Other things i do is walk around such powerfull creatures that seem to be very threatening.

Now for gothic 3. I was wondering if they can add such a feature like---

playing the game and if you die, you loose expirience permanently and if you restart it your character -you still has a lost expirience.

my question is

how would this effect your playing style?

and for everyone, how do you die and get back on the horse? do you just restart the game or do you go to mickeyD's for a burger and come back to play?

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:52 pm
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

I normally reload my last save game immediately and continue to play. Especially if I'm trying different ways to kill the (baddies).
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:05 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

My style

With monsters, I try to run away. If I'm killed while trying to run, obviously I have to reload anyway. If not, I take my lumps and go rest or eat herbs or something.

Early in the game, if NPCs knocked me down, I'd reload the game... it was just too much of a hit to lose all my gold and my main weapon. I have a wife and kid which put a serious time constraint on my playing time... and if I don't reload after losing my gold and weapon, I'd probably still be in chapter 1 nearly 3 months later.

However, now that I am quite the bada$$, I rarely get knocked down by NPCs, but the few times I have, I simply rested and came back and knocked them down and took my stuff back.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:57 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

I'd just reload. It doesn't take that long.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:56 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Yes,reloading is faster and it keeps me angry on the beast/NPC that killed me.
I would like to try out your method(restarting the game).It seems more fair than reloading but I rather preffer reloading and playing the game again after I finish it.
Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:45 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I would HATE to have to suffer an XP loss for dying and reloading. That would be unfair. I just reload my last saved game like everybody else and continue playing. Games are about fun, and I like to have fun playing my games!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:52 am