citizen armor question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

citizen armor question

i just became a citizen with the bowmaker, and was wondering, where do i get different kinds of citizen clothing?

another thing, ok, it's not that bad, but... why can't some of the weaker armors be available for sale on npcs? i can fully understand not being able to buy great armor early because it would make the game unfair and all because gold would be collected much faster than progression in the story, but what about armors that are less than leather armor but cheaper for people who haven't made 250 gold yet?
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:24 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

there is no such thing as different citizens clothesyou can get. that other weak armor? well it would be way to easy to get your first armor if it wasn't so expansive. you wnat something? you got to work for it
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:49 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hehe, yea it's ok. i can sell stuff but i like to keep health plants incase i run into unexpected things.

i was asking someone about this earlier, another fan of gothic and they said that there are usually lots of armors that the pc "can" wear but never gets to wear during the game. i asked him if it is possible to even put them on, and he said "yes", the character can actually wear "any" armor in the game that any npc wears, but the question isn't "can he", the question is "can he get it?"

i've never seen a game that had tons of things you "could" wear but don't. but when you join a guild, i know it really doesn't matter that much anyway because the stuff there is probably better protection, but still, odd.

gothic is really one of the coolest games i've seen, but the armor thing is different. i don't want to compare gothic to anything because it's a unique game, but in morrowind, every single nook and cranny would be put on you. i think both games are fantastic though.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:06 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

to wear that oher clothes you will proabably need marvin mode for it. wait for wulf he knows all over marvin
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:21 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well, someone could make a modification? it wouldn't be too difficult, right? it's not like you would be changing the world around. can you make plugins and mods for gothic to modify the world?

i've always felt the farmer clothes were a little too good, and wanted to change them to "5 weapons, 5 arrows" instead of "15". i would think it would be cool to get citizen clothing from a master, or at least, make it so you can buy it from a clothes vendor when you become a citizen.

of course it's not super important, but it's just one of those things that brings a smile to your face, you know? also, maybe others can make other custom-made armor and bring it into gothic ii, that would be cool.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:21 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

jeah it could be done I think, but I think not that easy
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:44 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You can wear different citizen clothing, but only with the add-on. If you have the add-on, then in the chests behind Matteo's shop are 3 different sets of citizen clothing, in addition to the leather armor.

And there is no better gear on sale because the paladins seized the goods. Matteo said that he had all kind of items on sale, but paladins seized all of his goods as soon as they took over the city, and that leather armor is only armor left to him. Of course, Bosper with his obsession to the skins could at least provide Matteo with more materials, or make himself, but, he never actually will tell what he is doing with all the skins for real

But, in general, blame paladins, they took all the goodies for themselves and left the rest with scraps
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:16 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There are two ways to get non-available armors

1. You can insert them: activate the marvinmode with cmarvinc and press F2 to bring up the consol now enter "insert" (without the ") and the specific name for the armor. You can find entire list on the internet with the names for everykind of armor. I used to have a list of two pages long too, but I can't find it anywhere.

2. Go to the specific npc that wears the armor you want. Possess him by pressing o when you stand in front of and face the npc. You'll need to activate marvin for that, but don't bring up the console. Now you "are" the npc, you can drop it's armor, then possess yourself again and take the armor from the ground. The only problem is that all the npc's will be naked when you finish the game, because you took their cloths.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:59 pm
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the info everyone.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:33 am