Dungeons Micro/World
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Dungeons Micro/World

Dungeons! They are here and looking great! So far blizzard says they have about 100 micro dungeons which are in real time. You can meet anyone you want to along the dungeons. They say they can be small to reletivitaly big.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/dungeons.shtml

And then...

There are the world dungeons, huge gast places that hold particulary nasty foes. An example was The Dead Mines.

"Allegedly, the Deadmines are a network of tunnels and caverns that have been taken over by the Defias Brotherhood and transformed into a complex base of operations. No one knows if the underground complex really even exists, and if it does, specifically what is contained there, but rumor has it that the way into the Deadmines lies through Moonbrook."

It also says goblins have been seen in alliance lands. And they've brought their shredders with them.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=12&Set=49
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:38 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Just another reason to make World of Warcraft your MMORPG of choice!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:23 pm
Cold Flail
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I want to play it

Look for Kagemusha in WoW, he'll be the night elf hunter shooting an arrow at your heart
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:25 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Reminds me of the zombiemud quests i played eight years ago. Party or solo, there was lots of stuff to explore and quests to complete and items to gather. Concept in these "pve" mmogs is pretty much the same, only difference that the text is replaced with "handsom" 3d graphs.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:41 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

heh, you ever have something nice to say?
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:22 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Why so?
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:11 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Zakhal
Reminds me of the zombiemud quests i played eight years ago. Party or solo, there was lots of stuff to explore and quests to complete and items to gather. Concept in these "pve" mmogs is pretty much the same, only difference that the text is replaced with "handsom" 3d graphs.

Haha...

Yeah, pvp games like SB and DaoC have truly been revolutionizing, right? Oh... wait... actually, they give basically the same thing, much like all pvp games.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:36 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Revolutionizing? Of course not. Though shadowbanes pvp was fun, it failed utterly due to the totally incompetent development team. Daocs pvp was pretty much shallow and only a scratch of surface of what it could be.

But ive seen plenty of muds that have had tons of more depth than any mmog ive seen. Too bad they are all still waiting for their graphical transformations while tens of dozens new zombiemuds are been brought up. Not that there is not room for all kinds of mmogs, its just that currently they are all more or less the same flavour.

Im sure wow will make a fine "zombiemud".
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:48 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

go and burry your head in some sand.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:47 am
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

But ive seen plenty of muds that have had tons of more depth than any mmog ive seen. Too bad they are all still waiting for their graphical transformations while tens of dozens new zombiemuds are been brought up. Not that there is not room for all kinds of mmogs, its just that currently they are all more or less the same flavour.

And I'm sure pvp big hitters like... uh... Dragon Empires will make fine deathmatchmuds. What's your point?
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:01 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
go and burry your head in some sand.

Who pissed on your pool?
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:52 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Hexy
quote:

And I'm sure pvp big hitters like... uh... Dragon Empires will make fine deathmatchmuds. What's your point?

Whats your point about trying to turn this into pve versus pvp argument?? I thought we were talking about quests here.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:55 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Whats your point about trying to turn this into pve versus pvp argument?? I thought we were talking about quests here.

What the... ?

quote:

Concept in these "pve" mmogs is pretty much the same, only difference that the text is replaced with "handsom" 3d graphs.

Oh... so this is completely different from my point that pvp are basically the same? QUESTS as well? The only difference is the enemies.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:18 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Youre reading too much into it. All i meant was that most of the current pve mmogs are pretty much the same in concept. Just look at everquest, AC, AC2, Daoc, AO, FFIX, etc. Compare them to truly different pve mmogs like the tale in the desert, SOL or 2nd life even and you see how similar they are.

As for pvp mmogs there is no similar concept (i.e shadowbane, ww2ol or planetside are very different games). This is mainly due to the lack of games of that genre. In future this will hopefully change when dragon empires, darkfall, realms of torment, trials of ascension, many more plus even full permadeath mmogs (adellion) get released.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:49 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

As for pvp mmogs there is no similar concept (i.e shadowbane, ww2ol or planetside are very different games). This is mainly due to the lack of games of that genre. In future this will hopefully change when dragon empires, darkfall, realms of torment, trials of ascension, many more plus even full permadeath mmogs (adellion) get released.

Oh, really?
Because I thought that the main thing about all those games is to fight continously over some pieces of land, trying to expand your territory with endless sieges.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:35 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next