Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

When I get home from work, I'll download that messenger perhaps.. I have MSN running at home most of the time, though, so if you can send messages to it, can discuss over it too. But, I'll check about the Yahoo thingaling.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:01 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What size does the text file have?
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:52 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

those aren't textfiles, but compiled script files.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:55 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Whailor, was it Rollenspielshop.de?

Yes, that was the shop. Really helpful people, gave answers fast and well. Can suggest, personal experience was good.

This is a sister company of PB. Both managing directors have identical names. Check the 'new' interview.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:51 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm thats the old interview imo only that last time i readed it in german language i mean the gothic 3 interview
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:09 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

A silly question about placing the add-on over the English one, do you not have to patch the game to 2.6a for the add-on?

There is a patch, how or did you apply it to fix the bugs?

I was translating from the complete German Gothic 2 and German Raven add-on from the German Gold Edition.

But I would like the English voice in the game.

Do you not have to worry about the 2.6a patch for G2 + Raven?
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:25 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

there's no reason to be worried about, the mdk is for version 2.6. so i am working on an international gothic 2 install, patched back to german version 1.30, then having the addon installed, then patched to 2.6.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:06 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dev board

Can anyone point me in the direction of free message board software? And possibly easy to use instructions for installation and use? I've got free webspace lying around from my ISP (untouched in 3 years) and I thought I'd be good if we had our own board.

It can be as basic as anything, as long as it has a PW feature or something else to restrict access.

Thanks for any answers.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:08 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

http://phpbb.com/ is the best - if you have access to a database on your account. Quite easy to install and comfortable to administrate. RPGDot uses it as well, as you may have noticed.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:24 pm
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums, checking for the latest on the g2 addon and you guys are doing a great thing for the community. This is really interesting, if I can help in anyway give me a shout. Although I can't understand German I could help test your versions out. Something along those lines.

btw I like the german voices better with the english subtitles. It is much better than the out of wack american ones.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:58 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Spunior
http://phpbb.com/ is the best - if you have access to a database on your account. Quite easy to install and comfortable to administrate. RPGDot uses it as well, as you may have noticed.

Thanks a lot. I hope I get it up before we are done. Should proof a potent tool.

To anyone who would like to help out: PM Cothyso. He is the kingpin of this operation.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:25 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

Just thought id say what an awsome idea this is! Now if Atari would just say they won't publish G2 NotR then i will buy the German version..bah ill buy the German version anyway
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:29 pm
FICKSER
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi guys I haven't posted anything for many months, but I still check the gothic forums regularly. I think that this translation idea is great, I am sorry I do not have any of the skills required to help out.
Now to the reason I am posting today. The people that are involved in the translation are thinking of getting there own forum which I guess is a good idea, but I beg you to keep all of us informed about what is going on with the progress of said work. Even though some of us can't help out we are still eager to see this translation finished so we can all play the add-on.
Thank you in advance.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:09 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Whooohoooooo!!!!!! You all are awesome!!!

Okay, when I get time I'm going to figure out how to get a copy of NOTR from Germany. Meanwhile I have a 4.0 gpa in English so I might be able to help proof the script a bit if needed. I'm not very tech-savvy though. How would that work? Can someone just e-mail the script as a .txt doc or something? I assume that's all that would be required just for proofing. Perhaps if we get organized well enough then certain 'proofers' can get specific pieces of the script and can all be working on a different piece at the same time.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:25 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

imo an irc channel would be the most smartest idea u can put keys on it and all so only the translation ppl could get in and talk right in the real life in there you know it will go much faster that way i am a big irc guru so no problem about the channel just tell me if we do it that way and i build the channel in less than 5 min
Post Sat May 01, 2004 1:14 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next