Usergroups
Need some help on killing the TWO lichs in the Crypt Level5
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Is that the one which makes some kind of halo around you that hurst the ennemy? If so I tried it without much success. But then again all magic I've tried other then teleport was with only little success since my skill is so low (40ish).
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:07 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

harm spell

Yes...on its own it mostly protection...but some damage occurs when it hits others...it scared the trolls and goblins on level 5 into running away and I had to chase them down to kill them (usually)...but you can use magic and fight at the same time as that is activated...my magic was at 45

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:00 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

the ylsid armor

quote:
Originally posted by linkitch
Hm... I would guess that you are a warrior, right ?
If not try using some Incenerate on them, works great.

If not try to kill the Skeletons and put a stake in them, then there gone. After that you can just take a fast swingin sword and jab them. Remember to use Heal, also if you losing to much life use the Armor spell.

BTW. where did you get that armor ???

comes from after the yslids take over the castle and town, you fight your way in to see the king in prison, and the final yslid attacks you at the prison door, after cutscene, before you jump down the sewer... turn around and look on the floor, he dropped his chest and leggings, AC+38 each, or something like that, good deal, and seemingly necessary to go back to the crypt with SINCE AFTER THIS SCENE THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD GET REPOPULATED WITH MONSTERS (Lich keg party on level 1 of crypt now, 5 total, etc etc), screw the game writers......
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:31 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

whoever asked if their drain spell has a range limit NO

NO it doesnt... i used the passwall cheat and they still drained me from several rooms away... so much for trying to cheat to win... they seem to have this 'living being radar' too, use passwall, and they just pathfind right to your new room, the only escape from their pathfinding ability is the level exit/entrance.

im stuck too... will kindly let yall know if and how i get passed them.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:39 am
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just pre-loaded two fireballs.. and made sure that they were in my line of fire.. it only took one fireball each to kill them. BUT they are some of the toughest if your magick is low. I've invested most of my numbers in magick.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:52 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i got a high casting(65, 75 enhanced with a special thingy i wont spoil) but 11 intelligence. And three fireballs arent doing it for me....

BTW i think the fireballs increase damage with distance....

but i still cant kill lichies. I had to cheat to get past them.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:56 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2