Becoming a Warrirormage - sorted
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

Becoming a Warrirormage - sorted

well, i have read a few times that it is very hard to become a warriormage in gothic2, so i decided to try anyway...

here are some tips and the path to take to become a warriormage...

step 1: spend all learning points on combat skills and strength early on in game

step 2: obviously, become a novice

step 3: DO NOT advance to mage (eg completing test of fire) 'until' you are satisfied of your warrior status, stay in chapter 1

step 4: make sure you rinse as many XP out of the game as you can, slay every monster you can, complete every mission you can (tip for extra LP, in korinis, say to every one of the masters you want to join them, and carry out the mission they set you, it will be pointless on the whole but it is extra opportunity for XP, after that go to merc camp and get info on all the missions you can, so when you join the novices, you can still carry out those missions for joining the mercs, you just wont be able to actually join them... if you try this after you join monestary i dont think it works (it didnt for me)

step 5: dont waste LP on things you dont need, a warrior mage does not need a bow, or dexterity, or pickpocketing skills etc... if you chose this path you are allready stretching the Lerning points available to you, spend them wisely, concentrate on becoming a warrior without guild

step 6: once you are a good warrior and dont think you are going to need to spend any more LP on strength or fighting skills then complete the test of fire, now build up mage qualities... at this point you can easily have 30 mana withouot having spent any LP on mana, 50 mushrooms + the mana ring on the hill near the lighthouse

step 7: kill anything you want, i dont think they will be in a position to argue at this stage
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:55 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

*** at this point you can easily have 30 mana withouot having spent any LP on mana, 50 mushrooms + the mana ring on the hill near the lighthouse ***

I didnt find a ring, all I found was a cave with a ShadowBeast in it.
does the ring give me +20 to mana ?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:22 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

ask someone for directions, i simply wondered around and found it, but some ppl have given specific directions to it, just go to the lgihthouse area and look for a hill to climb up (you will meet a hunter, go passed him and try to find a winding path up a small, but tall hill, the ring is on top)

the ring gives you +10 mana, 50 mushrooms also give you +10 mana, which equals 20 which gives you a grand total of 30 mana, a nice ring and a stomach ache
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:30 pm
Pikkon

Thanks.
but I still dont get it, how 50 mushrooms gives you +10 to mana.
I need them for a potion or... ?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:33 pm
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No, you just need to eat them.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:30 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by dagem
No, you just need to eat them.

Yes, but if possible you should wait with the eating until you spent enough learning points on getting maximum mana. The maximum learning limit is 250 with Pyrokar. Then eat them, learn how to make the permanent Mana potions, make them, drink them, equip rings and do a few other things and you will end up with over 500 mana.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:01 pm
Matt TRD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Warrior/Mage

Trying to create warrior/mage as suggested on forum. Completed all quests i could find and killed all monsters available. I have managed to reach level 16 with a strength of 80 and 2h fighting at 60% master level. The 80 strength has enabled me to equip the dragon slicer and thus bring death and destruction to all who oppose me. i am now about to enter the Monastry.

Has anyone managed to get a higher level than this before entering the monastry as i am hoping there are some monsters i may have missed?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:46 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Level 16 is pretty good. I hope you still have some learning points left for increasing your magical abilities? You need 5 points for every magic circle and 5 points for every rune you learn. You learn a circle every chapter and usually you should learn 1 or 2 runes from every circle. I think at the end of the game your level will be in the high 30ies. Now it's time to boost your mana level.

Kay
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:49 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

You can find Fear and summon goblin skeleton for free..just to let you know.

Lol I have to tell you this one.You all know the quest, that Rauul gives you,right?"kill the Black troll".So I was wondering how exactly i would be able to kill that THING?I was too weak to go melee.IT alsp seemed to be extremly resistant to fire and ice, or those spells were too weak.So i tried just for humor's sake to summon tiny goblins..AND Oh my god it worked!I summoned so many tiny goblins and they all were whacking with their tiny clubs that monster It was hilarious.The troll couldn't absolutly do anything.After he punched one of the i summoned more and more.At the end there were those goblin skeletons lying EVERYWHERE around the body of BLACK TROLL.Can you imagine?at the very last only 1 little coblin was standing there alive as a winner..I just couldn't stop laughing
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:30 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

It will later on be even more hilarous if you learn summon skeleton and sending them to take out the dragons. You can just lazily sit back and relax, while your skeltons do the work. Oh, and then there is the Army of Darkness once you reached sixth level, now that is interesting. With that spell you will get six skeltons for the price of two (summon skeleton spells).
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:38 pm
Matt TRD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok continuing on from my attempt to make an ubber Mage/Warrior i have been exploring ways to squeeze further XP's before entering the monastry.
For a cool 350 xp attack the mage at the shrine on the way to the monastry make sure you don't kill him though once he is out rob him then run like hell. Provided you take him down quickly and are not around when he wakes up he won't know whats happened. Thus keeping a friendly disposition towards you.

Another method is to visit the Mercs camp and target a merc by drawing your weapon after two warnings the merc will then attack you providing between 200 to 300 xp on defeat.

However try to draw them away from the main camp or you could end up caught in the middle of a riot.

This method can also be used against certain militia soldiers although make sure you visit Andre to pay 50 gold for each indiscretion. An excellent trade for around 2-3 hundred xp per militia.

You could of course use an oblivion spell on them afterwards although this method would cost more in the long term.

Using the methods above i was able to reach level 18 before entering the monastry.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:33 pm
SeekingEdge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"Unlimited" XP can be obtained from skeleton mages (tomb near merc. camp and at least one more place I can't remeber now).They cast
among other things skeletons (220 XP), and after reload they start with full mana (meaning casting skelotons all over again).

Downside is that skelies are pretty tough and nasty foes, and in chapter 1 the best armor you can get legally as guildless is snapper leather armor.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:27 pm
SeekingEdge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It is possible to get to Valey of mines without advancing into chapter 2 by climbing and jumping over the door at the pass (takes some time).That can give quite a bit of extra XP.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:01 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why would you not learn pickpocketing as a warriormage? Have you got any idea how much experience you can get from that skill? If you wait until chapter 4, you'll get 250xp per person you pick. There's at least 100 NPC's to pick, and that means you'll earn 25000 xp in addition to the crapload of gold and items. So at the cost of 5 learning points, you'll get 20-30.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:53 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

id say bring your str up to 65 to be able to use torturer's axe/orc slayer, and wait until you get the +15str ring from the thieves' guild stash, with that - it further stretches your variety of LPs and allowing you to learn pickpocking/alchemy/etcs.
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:27 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next