Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
CANONS - Misplaced tehnology that would change the war?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Yes, and Dutch people are greedy, etc. You just have to live with it.

I can't honestly say I've ever heard that one.

Anyway I think we all need to start ignoring Paul69. He was ranting about "Arab music" in another thread and seems to be more interested in starting heated discussions like this one than contributing in a pleasant manner. (69? he probably IS American) Definite troll material.

Obviously the thousands of US developers cannot all turn out only FPSs (duh Myst anyone). Clearly the videogame industry is a global one and so is this forum. Let's keep it that way and get back to the topic.

I wouldn't mind seeing a battle where you are on a beach or dock fighting the orcs while a grand ship anchored in the harbor blasts it's cannons at the battle. Shacks exploding, fires igniting, orcs getting hurled through the air. Oh it could be magnificent!

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:54 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe, if American games were all bad, there would only be about half a dozen good games out there. Remember that Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape:Torment, Arcanum and so on all come from North America.

Basically, all game companies are located in North America, such as Blizzard(Canada), Obsidian Entertainment, Bioware, old Westwood, Electronic Arts etc.

Also, some Americans are of course ignorant - I know Americans who think Norway has polar bears walking around in the streets, or say stuff like "do you get fresh fruit in Norway?".. what is that supposed to mean? We don't live on the north pole you know, we're just a wee bit north east of the UK! And NO, we do NOT have PINGUINS either. Still, every nation has such people, and the US is no exception, so generalizing that they are dumb is wrong. They are as smart(or dumb) as everybody else.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:08 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

MAYLANDER!!!
I said back to the topic! Before I whack you with a penguin!

Heehee, penguins are funny. Did you ever play Armed & Dangerous? They had penguins instead of chickens and they would crow like roosters.

Okay that's a little off topic too, but now you know how I feel about penguins...they are funny.
And besides everyone knows that the North Pole is in Finland.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:23 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Also, some Americans are of course ignorant - I know Americans who think Norway has polar bears walking around in the streets, or say stuff like "do you get fresh fruit in Norway?".. what is that supposed to mean? We don't live on the north pole you know, we're just a wee bit north east of the UK! And NO, we do NOT have PINGUINS either. Still, every nation has such people, and the US is no exception, so generalizing that they are dumb is wrong. They are as smart(or dumb) as everybody else.

You don't have polar bears walking in the streets!?!? AArggh another dream crushed into pieces.
Norway ---> Way nor(th) ---> Northpole. Not so strange to think that.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:19 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
MAYLANDER!!!
I said back to the topic! Before I whack you with a penguin!

Heehee, penguins are funny. Did you ever play Armed & Dangerous? They had penguins instead of chickens and they would crow like roosters.

Okay that's a little off topic too, but now you know how I feel about penguins...they are funny.
And besides everyone knows that the North Pole is in Finland.

Watch the penguin dude, Gorath will not like this.

Back on topic: Canons would have won the orc war? -> LotR TRotK! They had ballistics which do imo roughely the same damage a canon can do. This was however not the thing that would have made them win the war.
NFG member
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:17 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I didn't see any cannons in any location that would have done any good. Just in the fort in Khorinis and on the ship. They needed cannons in the old castle in the VOM, the old monastary, and Fog Tower. I'm presuming that the orcs landed their ships on the beach underneath Fog Tower.

The humans in this game seem to have little or no expertise in strategy. Why wouldn't they have taken immediate precautions to guard the VOM after the collapse of the Barrier? The ore in the VOM was their only hope of victory. I think I would have sent an army to guard it, or magicians to reinstate a second barrier.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:11 pm
Talox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Maybe it has something to do with the bandits and the orcs, besides I don't think it would have been an easy task to get an army to khorinis.

1) I think I heard that the ship the paladins use is the only human ship left.

2) Wouldnt they need all of the men to fight back the orcs on the mainland?

Maybe the magicians thing could have worked though...
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:57 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Yes, and Dutch people are greedy, etc. You just have to live with it.

I can't honestly say I've ever heard that one.

Anyway I think we all need to start ignoring Paul69. He was ranting about "Arab music" in another thread and seems to be more interested in starting heated discussions like this one than contributing in a pleasant manner. (69? he probably IS American) Definite troll material.

Obviously the thousands of US developers cannot all turn out only FPSs (duh Myst anyone). Clearly the videogame industry is a global one and so is this forum. Let's keep it that way and get back to the topic.

I wouldn't mind seeing a battle where you are on a beach or dock fighting the orcs while a grand ship anchored in the harbor blasts it's cannons at the battle. Shacks exploding, fires igniting, orcs getting hurled through the air. Oh it could be magnificent!

Where do i have a 69 in my name? whos the one trolling? damn geeks , and yes its true the americans are popular for there mindless uncreative shitty first person shooters such as Halo one of the worst games i ever played by the way.

and for the ppl who are agree guns would work in this game , thank god you're not on the development team.

"Oh it could be magnificent!" haha i can just picture you having a big piece of cake in you're mouth wile typing that , seriously go outside and its funny when every one takes internet forums so seriously.

Im sure you're the one on the right

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:43 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I love that sig......because a study said that europe has surpassed the US in terms of obesity in it's population.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:42 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@Paul69

There are plenty of hate sites elsewhere, you 8 year old bigot. This is a gaming site for congenial Gothic related discussions. You might as well take your nazi crap elsewhere because I give it about 20 minutes before you get banned.

Everyone else: Sorry to use the term "nazi" but it captures the spirit of the thing.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:05 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Now kids, calm down everybody.

Bart and I were joking around a little, but we absolutely didn't have the intention to start un unhealthy discussion as it's becoming now.

So please be kind enough to stop feeding eachother and relax both of you.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:48 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You're sweet Sem, but you hardly started it. However you are quite right, this has gone on long enough. Someone should probably shut this thread down and remove that picture of Paul69's family. I think we're all bored with the cannon discussion by now anyway.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Its funny you just keep going on and on just be quiet , some people take everything so serious its funny.

Now just stop talking or posting in these forums , we know you're over weight and extremely ugly , just have a cheese burger or something heres a site im sure you'll find something.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa.html

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3