View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SheerWolf
In Gothic 3, I'd love to see our attributes affect the look and feel of our character. As we raise our strength, our torso and biceps should grow larger. With a strength of say 150, we should have a body like Gorn =]

ooooh i like that idea, and kairo will we be able to go back to khorinis in gothic 3?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:10 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

That is a good idea! With strength maxed it would be better if you would be the size of an orc...

Wideo = Wide Screen Video... there's one for the dictionaries
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:11 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Please don't tell that Gothic add-on in english will be published in US! You know them americans, they cut out things here and there, telling that 'swampweed smoking is bad" and "Red Lantern is bad" and so on That would be so wrong!

I would LOVE to play the german version of add-on, if I had any clue about the language. Well, I do, some, but not enough to really play the add-on freely. Also, I can bet that Gothic 2 would sell quite well, incl. add-on, if it's released in english as soon as possible too. In Europe you do have a good customer base, I think so at least.

I have a question as well: I am trying to buy Gothic 1 in english, but it seems to be impossible thing - it's nowhere on sale! Will there be more copies published soon? I played through Gothic 2 and now I want to experience, from what it all started, and I cannot even get the game.

Other then that, thanks for Gothic 2, really great game and I have a lot of fun with it. Have played through many times now, with different class chars, and still love it each time I try it again. Thanks again.

PS! Please, we beg of you, release the add-on in english as soon as possible, we simply so need it!

EDIT: OK, maybe regarding Gothic 3 - will weapons be used differently? For example, right now every single two handed weapon is used the same way. These attacks do look OK with a two handed sword, but they should be somewhat different with a big axe (which would be heavier piece of hardware, so no such brave waves and swings like with a sword), and very different then the staff. Staff combat is very un-staff-like at the moment
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:53 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Finding Gothic in a store will probably be difficult. There are many places you can order it from on the net though. Just do a search. Here are a couple links you can check out.

www.GoGamer.com(currently in back-order):

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/3f2333910007f83c273fd0fedee20676/Search/Run

www.amazon.com(possibly used):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-8307038-1395807
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:20 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

after gothic 2 US version will be released also and when ppl finish the game then they probably want Gothic 1 also why wont they release like 2 in 1 with a higher price so u will find gothic 1 and 2 inside there ppl would sure like it
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:32 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Those marketing decisions are up to the publisher and not to the developer.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:44 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Happy birthday, Kairo
(don't know I'll be here tomorrow, that's why)

edit : @Jaz Sorry, I will ask my question in this post too.
Will we finally meet the king in Gothic 3?
NFG member

Last edited by Bartacus on Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:44 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Those marketing decisions are up to the publisher and not to the developer.

yup i know that but that if the publisher would release that kind of packet it would be damn kickass
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

This is a thread for posting questions/suggestions to the developers, so please refrain from posting off-topic comments (or have them deleted).
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:12 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

I posted a suggestion earlier, but also have a question.

We were told we would have a "heroic reputation" in Gothic 3. Will this be accomplished (or even possible) without mentioning whether we were a Mercenary, Paladin or Fire Magician in Gothic 2? Will we perhaps be able to choose our class when we start the game then?

The whole joy of games like this is creating and building up a new character from scratch... how would you justify "resetting" the Nameless Hero when he didn't die in the previous game? If we start out able to kill Dragons and Demon Lords, it'll kinda take the fun outta the game after all. =]

I'm guessing this is a "sorry can't tell" question, but I had to try. =]
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:24 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh and another suggestion of mine.

Gothic 2 has the best enviroment of any RPG I've played... I love walking around town at night, seeing people going to a pub, the brothel, or sitting down to smoke the pipes hehe. There should be something more for the players to do in town though, that isn't quest related. Sure we can talk to people to see if any new conversation options have opened up, but that's about it. We should be able to do other interactive stuff... like playing mini games" perhaps. I'd love to go make some money playing darts at the tavern (perhaps it'd even increase my dexterity some if I play a lot), mabye play a round of chess with Vatras (and raise INT?) hehhe, or handwrestle with the blacksmith (STR)? You know, stuff like that. There could be a storyteller sitting around a campfire down by the beach telling stories (mabye you could just have the voice-actors read some slightly modified faerytales etc) nothing important to the storyline, just entertainment.

I'd love to see that=]
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:42 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Question...? : Could it be that the Add On for Gothic2 is What Gothic 2 meant to be from the First Time???, or it was Thought That Way???... and will we see all the colony Back again...(.Temples, Mines, Sect Camp??) That Would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:39 pm
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Shmaugus
i dont think they played darts back in the day

Hmm I'm not sure about that... I doubt anyone would react to it though. While they might not have played "darts" like we do today, they must have had something similar like throwing knives at a target. Or tie up a slave woman and throw axes at her, trying to get as close to her head as possible without killing her.

In other medeival worlds (like the Baldurs gate series), darts are common throwing weapons. Also in the old classic "Quest for Glory/Hero's Quest, the thieves guilds always have "darts" (with throwing daggers).

Oh and Callisto used a poisoned dart to poison Xena, I believe hehhe.

Anyways, throwing sharp objects at a target ... they did it. It could of course also be done with archery contests.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:33 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Also: will we see the continuation (possible) of some quests in the add-on or in the Gothic 3? I.e. when you press the judge in the city (as dragonhunter) to give you the pass for the ship, he tells "I wont leave this like that!", or Salandril the alchemist as well. There seem to be few references in the game, which sort of are not finished and leave the feeling, that they will be continued in later releases.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:48 pm
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

"It can´t be you! There ain´t no coming back! There ain

ARRHHHH!

Look folks - there just is no way of tying up all those loose plot ends from G II, simply because you won´t return to the isle of Khorinis... definitely!
Khorinis is over and done, the end, finito, chapter closed once and for all!!!

The maximum you can expect for the continuation in a way-to-go-till-upcoming ( ) Gothic III is some (or maybe a load of ) references to the incidents and the story that took place in its predecessors as news from that reach `the continent´ - Myrthana mainland, if you know what i mean - and the word is spreading there.

So you could hear from continental Paladins about the ultimate fate of their fellows on the island after a while, learn how the war with Orcs over there went after the hero´s departure (could give you some content if you hear that your efforts paid of in that regard, or the contrary, if despite all your quests in Part Deux, the island after all is reported by NPCs you meet to have fallen to the enemy, with eventually the harbour city overrun and razed)... and so on.

On part of NPCs on the island and the hero´s involvement in their stories one possibility for making at least a link would be to have new NPCs turning up, who are related to the others, which could bring the hero in trouble or favours or any other results depending on the hero´s behaviour towards their mates/kin or otherwise connected in G II.

And taking into account the Piranha´s announcement on the hero´s reputation, that he´s up for a little more `celebrity´ or `publicity´, it would surely be exciting and satisfying for the player to hear praises, rumors, legends, bits about the heroes role in all that.
In this regard i would fancy quite some the idea of introducing bards, who eventually travel from one (public) location to the next and can be met there by the player, respectively his char, learning about other´s views of him (maybe the KI could use them also as the `tool´ for `updating´ all other NPCs, i.e. their dialogues, along their journey - and as the player progresses in the new story... ).
I think it would be a worthwile and atmospheric outfit for the presentation of the heart of Myrthana (and one contribution to marking the differences to the island where it all began that definitely should be) in the third installment of the great Gothic-Series.

But that actually is another story... (and should belong into a thread "Gothic III - what should be in?")

Gtx,
Ragon
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next