** Please take some time to read this problem of mine ** T_T
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

** Please take some time to read this problem of mine ** T_T

I am a Fire Mage and currently in chapter3.. but listen up..

at the beginning of chapter2 when i entered the valley of the mines.. it wasnt midnight like the walkthrough sed it would be, but i didnt bothered to care thinkin nothing would be wrong, so i jus continued along with the game..

then the walkthru mention things about the loot in the dead paladin's corpse that the dragon snapper is at.. i found nothing in the corpse, and there wasnt even a dragon snapper at the corpse first time i found it.. but again, i didnt bother carin i jus thinkin that its just some glitch (seein that the game had a lot of AI errors and bugs) or maybe i was a fire mage and only paladin could loot the corpse.. so i continued on..

according to the walkthru i was supposed to meet this "jergan" guy for some info on the sites and surroundings, but he was nowhere to be seen..

i trail down the path and meet the orc camps.. i was like level 14-15 by then and was wieldin torturer's axe so i was able to kill all the orcs surroundin the castle..

then i eye thru the walkthru and it mention about the snapper nest quest..

and when i actually walked over to snapper's nest there was no snapper around.. not a single one of them..

and when i go ask for lurker quest, the guy jus called me a thief and pushed me away - which i havent done a single bad thing to him..

and i walked over to the demon tower (xardas' old tower?) walkthru says i will find a demon in the demonic circle thingy, but there was nothing.. i walked up the round stairs to the library thinkin there would be the goblin skel as my friend told me, there was nothing.. (but the rune of fear and rune to the tower was there tho, phew)

and when i search for olav's corpse, i was supposed to find rune of fear.. but there was nothing in the corpse..

when i was at sylvestro's mine, i expected minecrawlers in the mining cave... but there was no minecrawlers nor the minecrawler warriors.. jus some dead miners and convicts.. and also, nothing was on sylvestro's corpse.. (which i should've found a note addressing something on his corpse.)

- - - - - - -

then, the other day i was watchin my friend playin a paladin at the start of chapter2.. he took the same path as i did.. but instead, at the start of valley of the mines his time was at *midnight*, and he found a dragon snapper beside the corpse of the dead paladin, he got greeted by the jergan guy on the way down to the orc camp, he found the demon/goblin skel in xardas old tower, he found stuffs on olav's corpse, he met minecrawlers in sylvestro's mine, and finally, at the snapper's nest he found loads of it..

so my point is... is something wrong with my game.. the trigger is not working? or is it just the different between the game of a paladin and fire mage where we have different paths.. but then if that realli is the case then it doesnt make sense because i kinda feel that some of the triggers are not workin like it should be then because im missin a lot of quests and mobs to kill..

please, would anybody be able to tell me what's goin on?

thank you

- grimstyle
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:44 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Thats a hole lot of bugs...
no its not coz your a fire mage in every guild those things will be there...
and it have nothing to do with the midnight stuff coz a lot of times i got in and it was not midnight...
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:06 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Which walkthrough?
You should load an older savegame and play this part again.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:23 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Really complicated.

I think that when you enter the valley of mines for the first time then is always midnigth.

But as Gorath already said you should reload the game and try again. If that doesn't help then i don't know what to do.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:31 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Crash your keyboard from anger and despair You weren't so far in the game, so if you start a new game now it will be less painfull than later when you sudently discover that you can't go on because something is missing.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:03 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

it was the ellusion's walkthru..

so.. no one can explain this complication at all?

mm.. start a new game? Y_Y
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:16 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

i suggest NOT to start the game all over, only if u don't have a early save game.. or i could give u my save game (i didn't entered the velley yet)
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:44 pm