First we know!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Usergroup Recruitment Office

Author Thread
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

First we know!

I am thinking of a usergroup where we can make a whole new thing, the usergroup is about US(RPGdot Members)making some basic games ideas, like we make our own game with our own story with our own weapons with our own camps with ourown functions, and then try it up by RPGing, every game we made shall have a limit of 6 months, then two options comes up, either you wanna continue to a whole full year, or cut it up adn start another one, when it reaches a year, we stopp it and make a Poll about how it was, if it showed up pretty good, then we put all the information in one post and post it out of the group, in the RPGdot general, there we make a whole big Poll about it being distiputed or not, if at least 100 said yes, then we let the mission to one of the Admins./Mods. to contact some games company and give them all the information, otherwise(if no one had any connections), we will continue doing that without sending it anywhere, we will make everything in the game, it may take 2-3 months, we will make the NPCs, mark their locations on the map, everything, then the sending to some company, they will review it and as much we have members who agrees on it, as much our chance will be bigger, the goal isn't money, if the Admins./Mods. can make RPGdot with more beniefts with money we get, it is better for us all(If we get money, it is not important), the goal is fun by having a game with everything we want, at first we decide what will the game be, a MMORGP or ones like gothic and TES or a CRPG, so plz. replies from everyone are required.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:02 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Sounds good But you would really need alot of members for this kinda project you are thinking about here. Anyway I'm in in such a grand project. Fun over all!

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:25 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Indeed it sounds good, but I don't think any company would take the risk of making such a game.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:55 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Why, if the game was good, it will be accepted, trust me, if ti was good, more than 100 members will accept it before it is even released, that is a good pointer for sucseed.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:58 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I must say I agree with Neo because games aren't made for 100 people .. but for thousands / millions. We still can have fun by creating such games. (If nothing else mods for games ... like Morrowind, Dungone Siege, NWN, etc.)

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:05 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

we can also try making one ourselves, not 3d, then maybe 2d. like using RPGmaker 2000. it's quite fun IMO
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:15 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I guess if 100 people from us(we are nearly 150 members active)accepted it, it will be good, they won't amke it for 100 people, they will see it and if they liked it, then they will produce it, if they don't then it is not produced, adn the basic thing is having fun, it will be as fun as we will get tired on it, give it a chance and plz. we don't want non-active members, it has a good story, i already have things in mind, as i should tell you another time, we will make the game adn RPG it then decides if it is good or not, then RPGdot will also decide wheather it is good or not, then it is sent, the main thing is fun and making such a thing, if one of them sucseeded then WOW!!!< it would be so great, so let's give it a try.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:09 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Seems good but No avalible, U can't do that cus the game developing isn't a easy thing, first u need machines for game play (your windows PC can't develope) second, if u are thinking about puplic it that's wrong because it'll be considered as ill-legal, so....

Anyway, good idea, but i don't think it'll work up..
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:58 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

What are you talking about?????
If it was not accpeted, it will also be a lot of fun, it will be the fisrst usergroup that make it is own NPCs and put them in several locations, also it will be the first one with important characters like THorus in gothic.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:43 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

I totaly agree with u X, but what I meant that "Do u know someone who can make a full NPC?" the scripting matter isn't hard (Anyone can script) but the designing matter is hard...

Anyway, maybe I'm just blathuring, U can always count me in...
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:32 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I don't really think we will ever program anything. I think we just write the stories, make the graphics (like maps or something) along with the propositions how the game would run then just give the idea to one of the game producers who produces the game.

If they don't want to take the risk then they don't. We put it to archive and start making a new idea or something Just for fun not for anything else

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:52 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Beliarsclew we are not talking about designing a game or even programming, just as Merc. said.
Isn't there any other members, plz. Neo, tell me are you in or not, we now have MErc. Beliars and me, we just need another member to make this group official, so????
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:52 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Hec, Geez, Hickrin!

Hic, So sorry pal, that was just misunderstanding, u can count me in...
Hic!
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:24 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

it sounds fun, im in.

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:38 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

Re: First we know!

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
I am thinking of a usergroup where we can make a whole new thing, the usergroup is about US(RPGdot Members)making some basic games ideas, like we make our own game with our own story with our own weapons with our own camps with ourown functions, and then try it up by RPGing, every game we made shall have a limit of 6 months, then two options comes up, either you wanna continue to a whole full year, or cut it up adn start another one, when it reaches a year, we stopp it and make a Poll about how it was, if it showed up pretty good, then we put all the information in one post and post it out of the group, in the RPGdot general, there we make a whole big Poll about it being distiputed or not, if at least 100 said yes, then we let the mission to one of the Admins./Mods. to contact some games company and give them all the information, otherwise(if no one had any connections), we will continue doing that without sending it anywhere, we will make everything in the game, it may take 2-3 months, we will make the NPCs, mark their locations on the map, everything, then the sending to some company, they will review it and as much we have members who agrees on it, as much our chance will be bigger, the goal isn't money, if the Admins./Mods. can make RPGdot with more beniefts with money we get, it is better for us all(If we get money, it is not important), the goal is fun by having a game with everything we want, at first we decide what will the game be, a MMORGP or ones like gothic and TES or a CRPG, so plz. replies from everyone are required.

Am so sorry man, i don't mean to offend u; but i can understand from that (^) that u mean developing (Real developing) by saying our NPCs, our own functions, our...etc..

Sorry again, but u can count me in if u want..
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:19 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next