So how's the XBOX version?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Redstone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So how's the XBOX version?

Didn't it come out this week? I am playing DEUS EX but would like to play the XBOX Arx Fatalis if it is close to being good as it was on PC.
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:02 pm
Forsakyn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can't compare it with the PC version (as I didn't play that), but so far I'm finding the XBox version of Arx Fatalis to be quite good. I really wasn't expecting much, to be honest, and was pleasantly surprised when the game turned out to be pretty darned good in general.

While it doesn't sport the best graphics (not by console standards), it's nonetheless a good-looking game, and the framerate seems to hold very steady. The controls took a little time to learn at first, but the XBox version has a nice built-in help system (that you can toggle on/off), and this expedited the learning process. And once you learn the controls, they work really well (keep in mind the regular moving around and looking is similar to any console FPS -- it was just learning the spell system, inventory, etc).

Hope this helps.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:56 am
raptorclaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like it so far although I havent played the PC version either....... the controls took some getting used too...I even shhh..like it in some ways better than Morrowind.....
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:05 pm
Redstone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To finally answer my own question...I love the XBOX version. The interface is so much easier to use. You fail way less often when casting spells since you’re using the directional paid instead of free handing the symbols. The different screens are well organized and I find them a lot easier to access. I have not run into one bug so far or had problems with any saves. I see myself finishing the game on XBOX as opposed to the PC version where I burned out after the temple of Akbaa.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:14 pm