Usergroups
kind of disappointed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Thorvar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had high hopes for DS, but sad to say I burned out on both single AND multi within about 2 weeks. Beautiful graphics, some good ideas, but for me it just lacked that "hook". Imho Diablo II was a much better game as far as sheer fun-factor went, hell even the story was superior. I loved the cut scenes in Diablo II and the expansion. Moody, dark, brooding... loved it!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:18 pm
TheRaven
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have finished the game in no more than 35 hours of play.
That is a little short for the single player modus!
And it has no replay value, all character classes play more or less the same unlike Diablo where it really makes a big difference!
I was very much disappointed by the ending no cutscene too just plain text?! Come on !!
I had to motivate me often to finish it, but I wanted to see the new cool settings and monsters...the graphics are extremly good!
Post Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:00 am
non-euclid
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm a plot-driven gamer, and while no one wants to hear it, this game bored me to tears. It realyy bothered me that you can't respond to any questions. OTOH, it's a great looking game, even on it's lower settings, and that was almost enough to keep me interested...
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:39 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Dito. I was so bored DS became one of the few games I ever uninstalled before I was through with them. True, it was pretty, but it played like a rail shooter! And talking about railshooters, there have been some with better stories (like Wetlands for example).
Post Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:10 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

the problem i have with the game relates to the lack of exploration. i have been playing for a couple (about 8 i think) of hours & not once has there been an opportunity to really leave the beaten path. sure there is the occational small side cave, but come on. i guess the programmers wanted to make sure that we all stayed "on track," as in only one. this game reminds me of NOX, another pathetic rpg wanna be.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:59 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

The game is to boring for me, just a one road, no way to sitetrack and just fight, fight and fight

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:50 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

xerox, that is exactly what i am talking about. so it doesn't get any better in the later stages of the game. bummer.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:58 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Never gotten very far, i was on my way to the second town.
Still stuck in dungeon with all those spiders under the tower.
Got to bored their so i just quit.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:02 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2