Dragons Are Cool!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

Dragons Are Cool!!!!!

well, what can i say.....Dragons really rock!
i possessed a dragon through the marvin mode, then i used the characterhelper, i reseted the dragon's abilities, and then i equiped him with all the magic runes, learnt all magic circles, mana 1000 level 1000 (that's the level of the undead dragon). the cool thing about them is that, when casting spells, there is no waiting time. and the spells look so cool when coming out of the dragons mouth!!! especially the wave of death....looks great! why didn't they equip the ice dragon with ice block??? i don't know.... also the fire breath of the dragon costs no mana. it's like with close combat and long range combat with humans.....

also i discovered that there are more runes that the character is allowed to use.... there is the concussionbolt, that's what the mages use to humans when they steal something, and that just leaves them unconcious. but it does 150 damage i think. and then there is the deathbolt, that is what the seekers in the temple of Irdorath use...that's why they cause so much damage. it costs 5 mana, and damage 120. and then there is the deathball, that's what the black magician and the undead dragon use. manacost - 5, damage - 150. it's really cool, but it looks like an ordinary fireball. other dragons use the fireball.....

one more thing....what is the use for the undead dragon's soul stone?....i guess no use huh? maybe there will be in Gothic 3...............

that's all..
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:33 am
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

nice so u actually became a Dragon and walked around in the city without ppl scream or trying to kill ya ?

Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:15 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

yeah!! only bad thing is that you can't go through the gates....you're too big for them! but in the city it was cool!!! i froze everyone.....fireballs....lightnings...until eneryone died!!
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:58 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Thats cool...
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:09 pm
c0br@
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hello,
i did the same thing but with the fire dragon, its fun!!!!!
But i found a way to "fly" but its the same key as when you'r dead and you press one of the F keys dont know which one and i managed to "fly" over the gates into the castle and they all tried to kill me, very nice you should try it too
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:01 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

yes, i forgot about that part!!!
it's the F8 key. if you press it many times you can fly. but this happens when you're a human too....but once i managed to fly using the H key....i don't know how it worked, but i kept pressing it while i was in the air, and the dragon was levitating himself!! which was very cool..... but then i tried it again and it didn't work...
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:58 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

I also liked the dragons. It's only a dissapointment they are not as strong as you expected them to be, I had the most trouble with the fire dragon but I summoned a skeleton to take all the hits made by the dragon (skeletons can take a lot of that type of damage). To bad you can't let the dragon eggs hatch and have a baby-dragon party member.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:02 pm
crappyalex2003
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone can giv me tips to defeat this big fat dragon? tis tough,Lazy Slyvio and his mate aren`t helping me but keep on repeating `` U go, i`ll right behind u``,is he going to help me or stand there like a statue till next morning?The dragon fire just sent me flying continuestly..one more thing,tat cave is full of those immortal Stinking LIZZARD MEN,How could a paladin who got a junk class armor DEFEND all tis?Any PRo`s willing to send me some tips? I`m level 18, Strength=49 Dex=30 Mana= 20//Protection=90
Projectiles=90 Dragon fire=40 .......=40 weapon=ROUGH ORE BLADE ICQ-232946342
Post Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:22 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Summon a skeleton to distract the dragon (they can easily withstand the dragons attacks) Then attack the dragon yourself.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:24 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi C. Alex

I think level 18 and 49 strenght is a bit weak for chap4 ,the dragons and lizardmen.
The lizard men are slightly tougher than the orc elites.

I am level 30 and strength 100 when I confronted the dragons , fire lizards and lizard men and I used the heavy ore battle blade. 90/90 with heavy brossbow 75/85. 2H master 62%

Try upgrade your strength with potions, herbs and rings/amulet. That will help you tremendously. I think there are still tons of monster to kill in the new world. Check out the creepy forest of the North and the partly hidden forest ravines of the NorthWest as well as the pyramid ruins. That will get you tons of XP.
Plenty of wargs, orcs of various flavours, skeletons, lizards, tons of snappers and so on. If you are meticulous and sort out every inch and killed all the mosters here...it can give you almost 2 level up.

Yup...Sylvio is a total jerk and a dangerous character..
Bullco is aimless and silly...but basically harmless.

BTW...I am a merc....so I can spare lots of XP on melee.
Since you are a paladin, I assume you spent quite a bit on mana?
Try concentrating a bit more on strength and melee. it might help.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:59 am