Fighting the Undead Dragon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fighting the Undead Dragon

Am I supposed to be able to kill the undead dragon by myself? He said I wasn't ready to kill him yet but I did it and I remember hearing about having to kill him with 5(I think it's 5) friends. Please don't spoil any endings.

1. Is there a way to fight the dragon with other people?
or is this bug?

again, I haven't finished the game yet so please try to spoil as little as possible.

Ok. I'm editing here. I just beat the game so you can spoil it. I can't figure out how to get everyone to fight by my side. does anyone know how?
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:10 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The five friends who follow you into death are your crew, which you have obviously. It's not a bug.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:06 am
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh. so I CAN'T get anyone to fight the dragon with me? The only person who even tried was Angar and his headaches got so bad on the way he had to go. As for everyone one else the option for them to come off the ship and fight with me didn't even pop up. Even if no one is allowed to fight the dragon with me, that still doesn't explain why the dragon said I was not yet ready to fight him, Especially since I was quite capable of fighting him on my own. I had the heavy dragon hunter armor, I was using a dragon slicer which does 80 damage and I had 105 strength without my amulet that raised my strength up 15 points.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:16 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Well I think the undead dragon was refering to all the information he has and you don't know yet or don't understand yet. It's because of that that he says you are not ready to fight him. well at least that is my opnion
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:42 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Typical bad guy bluff. Pay it no mind. All villians need to do their "You can't beat me. I am all powerful," speech before you shove your sword through their gullet. But, if you must put meaning behind it, he meant that your character was not ready in mind to beat him with all of the information he gathered. Similar to what titus said.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:57 am
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh ok. That makes sense. Thanks for filling in the gaps. Sometimes all that bad guy talk confuses me ha. I guess I would ramble on too so I could stall time if I were the dragon ready to be killed. Wait, while we're at it why did I go "but Xardas always said......" then I got cut off. What was that all about? What did Xardas always say that was contradicted by the dragon. Does anyone know this? I'm not usually confused by storylines, even ones like these involving war and economy problems and tons of different groups of people(which if I must say is pretty advanced for a video game) but that one conversation kind of confused me.

I also must say after just beating gothic 2 that this wasn't a typical ending. It definitly left a mood of uncertainty. The first one left the doors open for a sequel. This one paved a one way road for one. I loved it. Still not sure which one was better though but I sure loved seeing the story unfold alot more in the 2nd one. Anyways, I'm rambling as if I were an undead dragon ready to be killed.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:42 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I'm not quite sure about that either. It probably has something to do with the avatar aspect of the hero. The chosen of Innos.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:02 am