Few questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for the wizfast.
It doesnt make it nearly fast as it could... I think you can cut down on the monster animations a great deal also.

I hosted it on angelfire for whoever wants it http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/target/wizfast.exe
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:35 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Restarting

quote:
Originally posted by Archaven
Hi again.I have been restarting the games 4-5 times now solely because i think that Im not
doing the right thing(pumping the neccessary attributes and skill points). Also, I have in
doubt on what character classes to choose from. My first game party is Fighter, Lord, Monk,
Ranger, Priest and Mage. I found that the Lord are truly an awsome weak fighter (always
misses out or deals little damage) and thus I replaced the Lord with a Rogue.......

My favorite line up is: 3 Valkyries (of which 2 will become Fighters after the first level up) 1 Priest, 1 Bard, and 1 Mage (whose staff I give to my Bard at the start of the game). The reason for this group is the "extended weapon" list. I find extended weapons to be a whole lot better than swords, of which are short ranged. Havin' to move and/or rotate your team during battle can get you killed pretty easily. The more stationary you are, the more likely you'll live through the day. I, also, use the Bard's "Haste" drum everytime at the start of battle. (Initiative is everything. Strike them before they strike you).
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:24 am
otter
One of Us

You don't have to wait to level up to change class. Just recycle the character from the screen you get when you touch your name in the inventory screen. The button for that is in the lower left--the stuff you now have will be in the party inventory when you make your new char. You can get more goods this way; eg. start a Valk, recycle to Rogue for some daggers, or Ranger for a bow, and then recycle again to Fighter. You only have enough bux for a couple of these, and you can't buy a whole Lord's outfit, but you can get some handy stuff...
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:54 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by otter
You don't have to wait to level up to change class. Just recycle the character from the screen you get when you touch your name in the inventory screen. The button for that is in the lower left--the stuff you now have will be in the party inventory when you make your new char. You can get more goods this way; eg. start a Valk, recycle to Rogue for some daggers, or Ranger for a bow, and then recycle again to Fighter. You only have enough bux for a couple of these, and you can't buy a whole Lord's outfit, but you can get some handy stuff...
But with recycling, doesn't the character restart fresh at level 1, with level one stats? I never tried it, but that's the impression I got from the manual.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:45 am
otter
One of Us

Exactly. That's what i'm guessing John373 wants, if he's bringing Valks in just for the spears--when everyone has 0 XP, why not recycle? I do that a lot--eg start all fighters so everyone has armor and shields, check the chest on the beach, and then recycle everyone if i like it.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:17 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by otter
Exactly. That's what i'm guessing John373 wants, if he's bringing Valks in just for the spears--when everyone has 0 XP, why not recycle? I do that a lot--eg start all fighters so everyone has armor and shields, check the chest on the beach, and then recycle everyone if i like it.

Your guess is absolutely right, Otter. I do bring in 2 extra Valkyries to ensure that my soon-to-be Fighters have spears, and thus excel at that particular weapon quickly and early in the game. But I'm still a little confused by this "recycling" you're talking about. You mention the chest at the start of the game...yes, sometimes I find a spear, but if I don't find one, are you saying that I can somehow equip any current Fighters in my team, that is if I chose to take one in for a change, with a spear?

Okay, I'll just give it a test here and there...
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:47 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You can create a party that has starting equipment you want, transfer the loot to another character, and then dismiss the first party member. You can then create a new character (in your case, the fighter) and add him to the party, then put the "cheated" equipment on him. As long as you do this before taking on those first 3 crabs on the beach, you suffer no XP losses and can get a wide variety of starting equipment for any class you wish. Refer to pages 15 and 16 of your manual for the mechanics.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:52 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
....Refer to pages 15 and 16 of your manual for the mechanics.

---now I feel really stupid...again.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:18 pm
otter
One of Us

it's not like dismissing and recruiting, because you create a new char out of the old char's screen. You don't have to tranfer equipment, it automatically falls into the party's list. What you can do is buy starting equipment for some classes. If you want some daggers, you can replace with a Rogue for 122 Gold, and then replace again with whatever class you really want. Or, in your case, to get a spear, start a Valk, then replace with a Fighter, whose equipment you can't afford, so to equip with the Valk's gear, make sure you're Female. (I don't know if you can afford the Valk starting set--i've never replaced to Valk...but if yoiu want to, i think Lords get better Armor, so start a Lord, replace to Valk, if you can afford the set, and then replace again with Fighter, put on the Lord Armor and the Valk Spear from the party list.)
If you want another Spear, just go through the game-starting sequence until there's one in the chest. If you approach the chest just until you can touch it, the Crabs will leave you alone so you can do all this before it wastes any XP.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:36 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3