Losing weapons while fighting enemies
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Baz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Losing weapons while fighting enemies

I have had trouble while fighting powerfull enemies that my weapon will disappear. This gets replaced by another from my inventory but then this will dissapear too. After I kill the thing the weapons are nowhere to be found. It first happened with a rat man in the mushroom caves. I eventually killed him without losing my weapon. But now when fighting the Lich & the demon in the Temple of Aakba the same thing is happenning. Is this normal or a bug in the game?

Thanks

Barry
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:13 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think here is explanation:
every weapon has its durability. In Arx this durability is tipically very low. In begining you have for example 10 bones in your inventory and use them as weapon. When you fight strong enemy with them, you use f. e. 3 of them, but you do not notice that you change weapon because you change to same type of weapon. Strong enemies destroy weapons even quicker.
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:23 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Also try to avoid hitting walls as much as you can . You can fix weapons at the blacksmith (or yourself with the anvil, albeit then you lower the meximum durability value).
Post Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:15 pm
Baz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for that! It makes sense now. The weapons I had earlier I used the Rock of Amikar on them and didn't worry about durability. The weapons I had later didn't like the rock of Amikar trick, but then I didn't think about them wearing out!
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:14 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I am glad it helped you. I lost several good weapons by hitting walls. This durability thing is really strange in Arx, weapons are just very easy to destroy. Do not do it, or you will lose them.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:27 pm