Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is anyone as excited about the editor as me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Is anyone as excited about the editor as me?

Hey!

I just read that Rend is finally gonna get the editor. I cant wait to hear what you can do with it!

I dont know about anyone else but decent editors are one of my favourite things. I spent months and months making levels for Duke Nukem 3D.

Does anyone have any plans already of what they are gonna do with it? Cuz I would love to try and push the engine to its limits and do things the developers never even dreamed of.
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:56 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I are´nt exited about until I know what you can do with it. I play the game and let the developers do the rest.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah I know what you mean. I have been dissapointed with every editor since Duke Nukem. UnrealEd is a particular buggy peice of crap.

Edit: ooh, I've been promoted
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:02 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Nope...

I don't have the time/patience to do good things with the developer. I will just play the game in my own time frame, with my character, with the world that the devs spent all this time creating.

That said, though, sometime in the distant future, I will probably grab some user made mods (thanks to folks like yourself!) and give them a shot.

I think so many people are looking forward to this game for so many different reasons!
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:26 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Dont get me wrong. I am still looking forward to the actuall game. I doubt I will touch the editor untill I have played the game for quite some time because I dont want to ruin the experience.

I just have a thing about creating worlds.
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:37 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

i am a programmer/designer type person and i will be making additions to the mainmap file. so yes i am very excited about the editor, but even more excited about the game itself. i will be making lots of plugins: 1) more guilds with their own quests, 2) an Underworld plugin that is very deep under the ground, hence a massive dungeon, 3) castles (i love those), 4) more dungeons, 5) new magical schools if that is possible. i have TONS of time on my hands, but the only thing i dont have is a place to upload all this stuff: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO UPLOAD PLUGINS FOR FREE DISTRIBUTION TO USERS? i would very very much appreciate a site that does it for free since i am on a fixed budget (sucks). anyway, have fun!
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:38 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Have you ever thought of running a personal web server on your PC? I dont know if you have toll free internet or not, but if you do that sounds like the best option.

Edit: I doubt I will be doing anything like new guilds or magic categories. I think I will either start from scratch or make dungeons and stuff to start with. What I really want to do is get the engine to do things that the designers never thought of. For example in Duke Nukem I managed to get rain effects long before they added then in the addon, and I did some REAL cool lighting (For the time) which was far beyond anything they had in the game. Oh and I managed to get it to do Semi transparent water. (You could see the landscape/trees through the water, but you couldnt see any players or monsters below or above it. (This was way before any other game using the Build engine had transparent water btw)

I had sooooo many cool ideas for UnrealEd, but everytime I use it it just corrupts my levels and ruins the whole experience by bombarding me with bug after bug.

I wont really know what I am going to do to try and push the engine untill I see how it acts and played the game to get a feel for it.
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:41 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

http://www.ttlg.com/morrowind/

Go there...they have a 'submit mod' section....don't know if it's free or any details, just saw it on their page, and thought I'd pass it along to ambitious little makers like yourselves..
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 8:29 pm
Potentated Knight of Ni
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Unlike many, I am planning to use TES Construction kit. I am curious to see how it works because I have used and enjoyed Bryce (3D terrains) and have done some programming, but they have never been combined. For fun I am thinking of recreating some Monty Python scenes using the editor, and incorporate my own twist of madness .
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:42 pm
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'll play Morrowind all the way through the main quest, and complete as much as possible before I'll even consider using the editor. If the game gets boring, then I might use it... I hope that doesn't happen, though.
Once I finish the game, if I haven't touched the editor, I probably will then.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:38 pm
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'll play Morrowind all the way through the main quest, and complete as much as possible before I'll even consider using the editor. If the game gets boring, then I might use it... I hope that doesn't happen, though.
Once I finish the game, if I haven't touched the editor, I probably will then.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I never used any editor and I will not change it this time. Well, but I will try your mods if you will let us download it.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:40 pm
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Definately: thumbs up to the mods that people will be making! Judging from the uncanny amount of imagination that some of you people on this board have, it'll be interesting to see what you can come up with
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:42 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
I never used any editor and I will not change it this time. Well, but I will try your mods if you will let us download it.
Me too.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:43 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

As an Illustrator and game freak, with a lot of graphic programs from Photo Shop to 3D Studio Max I am very excited about both the game and the editor.

From what I have read you can do almost anything with the editor that the game team has done, including creating your own textures and 3D objects.

I hope this is true. If it is I will be working with the editor long after I have finished playing the game.

I would especially like to see an active community grow up around the editor, exchanging level, tricks, tips, objects, plot and puzzle ideas, etc.

Hawthorne
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:27 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next