Gothic 2: Gold Edition planned
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Gothic 2: Gold Edition planned

There will be a 'Gothic II' gold edition (probably 'Gothic II' + expansion pack) on sale in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year, according to <a href="http://www.mediabiz.de/newsvoll.afp?Nnr=129732&Biz=gamesbiz&Premium=N&Navi=00000000&T=1" target="_blank">this German newsbit</a>.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:53 am
Greymane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bah!

The more they keep working on the 'German' only version, the more determined I become to NOT buy an English version, no matter when it comes out!
I"m about to tell them to stuff it!
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:55 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Gothic 2: Gold Edition planned

C'mon now. You know better than to put the words "Gothic 2" and "gold" in the same sentence when that sentence is anything but:

"Gothic 2 International Edition: Gone Gold".

All kidding aside though , you had me going there for a brief second. When I loaded the page to look at the news my brain saw the words "Gothic 2" and "gold" and I got excited...only to be disappointed again..

quote:
Originally posted by Moriendor
There will be a 'Gothic II' gold edition (probably 'Gothic II' + expansion pack) on sale in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year, according to <a href="http://www.mediabiz.de/newsvoll.afp?Nnr=129732&Biz=gamesbiz&Premium=N&Navi=00000000&T=1" target="_blank">this German newsbit</a>.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:08 am
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Yeah, sorry. Maybe I should have said "special edition" instead .
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:20 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Bah!

quote:
Originally posted by Greymane
The more they keep working on the 'German' only version, the more determined I become to NOT buy an English version, no matter when it comes out!

That's a silly position to take and shows that you've allowed marketing and hype to stir you up into a big frenzy.

All the developers owe you is the game if you exchange it for your hard earned cash.

Aside from that, they owe you nothing.

So find something to do to keep yourself entertained. When the game comes out, and you choose to buy it, then enjoy.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:57 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I for one, am horribly unsatisfied with JoWood's ability to get this game international.

Gothic took about this long, but it was new. This is a sequel to a game praised all over the globe, and they still sit around with their tumbs up their butt claiming financial trouble, then claiming they're saved while whoring the game up in their warehouse.

If, on the other hand, they are waiting for the final product, and PB has taken it upon themselves to pussy foot around on translation while they begin working on an add-on for the German version, then they can take their game and shove it.

How a company would waste their time like this on a game that is, without a doubt going to make them a solid profit is mind numbing.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:48 pm

Re: Bah!

quote:
Originally posted by Neptiofpovar
quote:
Originally posted by Greymane

That's a silly position to take and shows that you've allowed marketing and hype to stir you up into a big frenzy.

All the developers owe you is the game if you exchange it for your hard earned cash.

Aside from that, they owe you nothing.

So find something to do to keep yourself entertained. When the game comes out, and you choose to buy it, then enjoy.

Hmm.. something to keep myself entertained in the meantime.. I know.. I'll post messages letting JoWood know that their English speaking 'fan base' is getting tired of waiting, maybe hurrying them up.
If you're not with JoWood, my post was not for you, but thanks for telling me how to feel.. I'm sure I found that incredibly informative.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:25 pm

Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yeah, and maybe you could have a protest rally because you're angry Jowood isn't meeting your scheduling requirements. Perhaps they didn't get your memo outlining when and where you wanted Gothic 2 delivered. The insolence!

...or if the rally doesn't work out, a stage a hunger strike...or become a human shield...there are many ways to demonstrate your righteous outrage!

Last edited by Jung on Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:40 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Let's not get nasty, people.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:04 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Jung
Yeah, and maybe you could have a protest rally because you're angry Jowood isn't meeting your scheduling requirements. Perhaps they didn't get your memo outlining when and where you wanted Gothic 2 delivered. The insolence!

...or if the rally doesn't work out, a stage a hunger strike...or become a human shield...there are many ways to demonstrate your righteous outrage!

I think people are upset because german version of g2 has been out since november 29.I think they should have released both versions at the same time, not like this.I mean its not wise move to upset customers.I know they had some problems with actors etc, but lets be realistic can it take more than 2 months to add some speeches?

It is also amaizing to notice that pb is going to make same mistake with g2 as they did with g1.Remember how great game gothic was, still it wasn't that big hit.Why?Because of poor bublisher, thats why.Intresting to see will gothic2 repeat the mistakes of its predecessor in this area.
Hardest part in g1 was finding it on shops.I'll hope this isn't the case with G2 aswell:(

Finally i am also quite worried to see not even single ENGLISH Gothic 2 preview.If even press doesn't know about this game, how can pb expect most potential customers to know?

Thats all for now:)
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:32 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
I think people are upset because german version of g2 has been out since november 29.I think they should have released both versions at the same time, not like this.I mean its not wise move to upset customers.I know they had some problems with actors etc, but lets be realistic can it take more than 2 months to add some speeches?

It is also amaizing to notice that pb is going to make same mistake with g2 as they did with g1.Remember how great game gothic was, still it wasn't that big hit.Why?Because of poor bublisher, thats why.Intresting to see will gothic2 repeat the mistakes of its predecessor in this area.
Hardest part in g1 was finding it on shops.I'll hope this isn't the case with G2 aswell:(

Finally i am also quite worried to see not even single ENGLISH Gothic 2 preview.If even press doesn't know about this game, how can pb expect most potential customers to know?

Thats all for now:)

For whatever reason, Jowood could not publish both versions at the same time. This company was about to go under not too long ago, so I am sure they have a good reason, like money. They didn't do it just to spite Gothic lovers, so it does no good to throw a tantrum over it. It'll be out soon enough...unless JW runs out of money again.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:13 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

To those of you...

To those of you getting impatient for the release of G2... do you really believe Jowood is unnecessarily delaying its release?

Hype is something publishers have plenty of time to create while a game is in development - which in the case of CRPGs, is a long time. They don't tend to withhold a finished game just so they can create more hype.

In fact, like most PC gaming publishers, they are probably tripping over themselves head over heels to get the game out as soon as possible.

If Jowood were to behave like a typical publisher, the game would be releaseed before it's totally polished, with bugs to boot, just so that they could start getting some cash in.

The assertions that Jowood is simply dragging its feet just to torture the gaming community is silly.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:27 am