Lizard falling from the cliff above
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Lizard falling from the cliff above

I just wondered if this happens to any of you. It's done it three time on me, and is VERY startling to say the least.

In the valley where you find Lester, go to the cave at the back. At the entrance I've had lizards fall off the cliff above, land at my feet, give a frightening roar and die

When you are like lvl 1, shaking in your boots at even a giant rat, this can REALLY get your attention!

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:08 pm
krell
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thats because theres lizards on that mountain side... dunno why they try to attack you from that far up... but this is a buggy game afterall
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:41 pm
Matt TRD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah this happened to me once as well, it seems to depend on where you are standing in this area. For example i saved the game with my character standing just outside the cave in this area. When i loaded this save game suddenly a lizard fell on top of me and continued to eat me. Made me jump like hell too. Loaded again and got a lizard and a rat. Two for the price of one.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:17 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This can be a bit off topic, because this is not about falling, but I have seen this. There are two wolves and two scavengers, near Onar's farmers in the forest. Suddenly, one wolf attacked scavenger, scavenger started to run away and another scavenger attacked this wolf. It was really funny to see all three of them running in circles in the forest, then they ran on the fields and to the farmers, then farmers killed wolf and last scabenger attacked me.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:55 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

jumping off cliffs: happens all the time with 3 goblins near the bridge by akhil's farm
animal fights: wolves love eating scavengers, sheep and giant rats, so never transform to ANY of those
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:25 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Never had the lizards drop down in Lester's valley, and been there, from wall to wall, many times. But other then that, they're supposed to die when falling from such height, it's natural

Dexter even died like this once, heh. He ran to top of the tower, when I attacked the camp. Once above there, he suddenly decided to attack me and... ran off the tower. All I did is watch the dude fall SPLAT! on the ground and then just loot him, heh!
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:36 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Here's another weird AI thing. I was at treasure island, had cleared the 4 lizards off the beach(one of them went for a swim and i dealt with him later), so I had 2 left in the cave. My character can't really face them both right now, so I fired an arrow at one up in the cave and ran to the left of it and climbed up to killed them from a safe perch. They never came out :/ I carefully inched back in, ready to run at once, but did'nt see them. I found them both dead on the spike trap lol.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:12 pm