Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Reaver

Gothic 2

Yes i must agree that both Gothic & Morrowind have goods and cons. Though i would have to side with the Gothic fans on this one. While Morrowind might have taken alot of cookies out of the jar with its water reflection+general graphics and its non-linear gameplay Gothic 1&2 i think make you really feel like your in a real world not one with ridiculously artificial and un-realistic creatures and things. ( not to mention some of the buildings in MW Lmao) but also i think that it even though Gothic 1 and 2 are linear they do offer somewhat of a non-linear play just not completely-great example is G2,not G1 as much. this is mostly shown off through the different guilds and their missions. Not to mention that you can express yourselfself in a range of ways wether it be acting like a tough mountain man ready to taste flesh and take a few bolts in the back or be a peaceful merry paladin fighting for all thats good. (or a red robed magician that has nothing better to do than hunch over a bench all day making potions that no one will ever buy). You can also do many things for instance slaughter some bandits, knock out a mercenary who fleeced you out of your Troll Skin=gold deal, Stab a few dragons in the chest,or duel with the High Magician of Fire. This is a game that has pretty decent graphics realistic immersive gameplay and a good story line(btw they probably have a reason for it not being non-linear-cant complain story line is good,not like im saying it will never be non-linear at some point hint hint) So I Salute you Morrowind players and you Gothic players,we have our own opinions based on what we like to play. (go buy gothic2 and youll know it takes the cake). Reaver Out! Boys
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:53 pm

Pringle111

G2

Hey i have a question it says that G2 has Sexual stuff in it. What is Sexual about it?
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:15 am

Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne
Rightful Heir To The Throne

Re: G2

quote:
Originally posted by Pringle111
Hey i have a question it says that G2 has Sexual stuff in it. What is Sexual about it?

You better drop this kind of queston in the Gothic2 spoiler forum

***spoiler alert***

Anyway, there is nothing x-rated, but you should visit the whorehouse at the harbor. There is one screenshot of the scene in our gallery.

Parc
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:23 am
Pringle111

oh

lol ok then so is that it?

***The answer may be a spoiler***
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:23 pm

Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...

The protagonist gets laid. End of story.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:46 am
Pringle111

Ya cmon now i now the ending ahh man oh well lol
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:39 pm

Secret Agent Lawanda

Exciting ending, eh? :p
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:04 pm
TWA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowind Has No Chance Against Gothic

Im a Dedicated Gothic Fan and i played The elder scrolls III and it is nothing in comparrison to Gothic 1 + 2 , There are to many advantages in Gothic over Morrowind
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:54 pm
OctarineDragon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmmm... let's see...

Single player single character 3rd person RPG with many quests and npc interaction? Ultima Ascension comes to mind, even though it's certainly not as good. Infact, I've always considered the Gothic games to have turned out the way I hoped Ascension would. Aside from that, you might like Arx Fatalis, too. You'll find extensive information on both of them within the respective RPGDot sections.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:12 pm
Dorgan Maelstrom
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I give this game the: "where the f**k did that come from" award. This game seemed to just pop up and it blew me away! This is a really cool game if nothing more, sweet combo moves, and really quite good graphics. The quests are intresting and a fair bit of thought is need to solve some of them. Kudos Piranha bytes, and Atari get your greasy mits of all the good rpgs! I'll never forgive them for the possibility that they were the reason greyhawk was so f**ked up.

FOR THE

MAELSTROM!
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:37 am
Poseidon The God
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic II is the best game that i played there isnt a game the is even half as good as gothic II and it will never be , maybe Gothic 3 will going to be
But i`m still waiting for the Night of The Raven Enlglish version to be finised hope it will going to be soon.
PS please visit www.gothic2.as.ro and e-mail me and tel me what do u think about my web site pls @ alexius2003@msn.com.
Thank u Piranha-Bytes for making such a wonderfull game!
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:08 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Gothic 2 is the best game i ever played its unique never found such great game before
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:46 am
Cansel

combat interface is teh win

So many people rank on the interface and I am tired of it. They are probably a bunch of old men review writers that like to play games as if they were watching a movie.

I love combat in Gothic. I finally felt like I was playing an RPG instead of watching it happen. The comba system is simple, but satisfying and you have to use different styles to kill different enemies efficiently. I could suggest a few things, but so can everyone. The fundamentals are there and they are great! Keep them!
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:27 am

Cansel

one more thing

And also, I hate First Person RPG games. First person RPGs cop out on making cool character animations on your character and they cop out of showing any cool armor or swords that are equipped.

This is another reason why the Gothic series OWNS! You get to build up this character and WATCH the improvements occur as you have earned them.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:34 am

aldreth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic 2 came as no suprise to me, the first however blew me off my feet I remember a lay off of about 3 months where there just seemed to be nothing released for the rpg fan. Then I was reading a forum and someone said they played a german demo of a game called Gothic. So I tried it, and wow, it just blew me away. I still remember the first time I left my sword drawn to close to a city guard that was hilarious.

Gothic 2 just added on to what was already a superb A+ game. I have never played an rpg of this quality before, there just really isnt much to compare it to. Some people say its like Morrowind, but I must digress. Morrowind focused on the creation of a huge limitless world which they achieved. Gothic focused on a "Living" world, which they achieved.

The games may seem somewhat similar but in reality they really are not. I have played Morrowind for countless hours and it had a decent atmosphere, but I just felt lost most of the time. Gothic on the other hand seemed to drag me along with the story, almost like I wasn't even trying to progress but was being forced to, it was great. Thats usually how I judge the storylines of games. If I feel like I am the one searching for progress in the storyline then I usually won't play the game that long.

I have to rank the Gothic series among the best I have ever played. I just wish I could go back to the first time I played so I could experience it again
Work to become,
not to acquire.
-----------oOO-----
__|__|
|| ||
oO oO
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:53 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next