Members
Usergroups
Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance 2 (XBox, Single- & Multi-P
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
monkdavis2003

Bgdaii

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE REAL RELEASE DATE FOR THIS GAME? I KNOW IT WAS PUSHED BACK BECAUSE OF VIVENDI, BUT DOES ANYONE NOW HAVE THE NEW AND REAL RELEASE DATE? MUCH THANKS IF YOU DO.
Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:14 pm

RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Re: Bgdaii

quote:
Originally posted by monkdavis2003
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE REAL RELEASE DATE FOR THIS GAME? I KNOW IT WAS PUSHED BACK BECAUSE OF VIVENDI, BUT DOES ANYONE NOW HAVE THE NEW AND REAL RELEASE DATE? MUCH THANKS IF YOU DO.

1-20-2004 Release date for USA

pros

Should be an awesome Diablo clone like the 1st. 80 levels instead of 40. 5 characters instead of 3. 2 hidden characters instead of 1. And an item creation system.

cons

Basically exact same engine. Still just 2 players. No customization to characters. No random levels like PS2s Champions of Norrath or PCs Diablo. No Xbox Live.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:54 am
aldreth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was never a really large fan of the Baldur's Gate series on the PC. However, the series for the ps2 has caught my attention. The storylines are lacking alot but the gameplay makes up for it. I have been looking forward to this sequel for quite awhile and look forward to playing it even though the character customization is horrid
Work to become,
not to acquire.
-----------oOO-----
__|__|
|| ||
oO oO
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:41 am
Scott
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Aldreth, you ROCK!

You're one of the few brave an honest enough to say you didn't care for the BG series on PC. I feel the same way. Been catching grief for years because I dont think BG1 or 2 was worth a poo. Felt like I was playing someone elses characters all the way thru the game. There were some funny lines throughout, but the Fed-X quests drove me crazy. So much potential, so little of it used.

I did however love Icewind Dale 1&2
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:24 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Some friends and I road-tripped to St. Louis to see a band called Celldweller. We ended up staying for about 3 more days than planned because of Ice/Snow storms. Anyway, they brought a PS2 & Baldur's Gate DA2. It smokes the first game. The characters have way more variety in feats. You actually can switch between 3 weapons on the fly(instead of just melee & ranged). You can map feats on your face buttons like you can in Xbox's D&D heroes. I only played 5 1/2 hours but that was not even finishing the first of 4 acts. I am guessing the game is twice as long as part one.(IE 20 game hours instead of 10) There were TONS of traps and I don't remember any in the first game. You still have multiple difficulty levels so you can import your leveled characters into higher levels. Multi-player is a blast...but like BGDA1 it is much easier this way. You actually have to train to use different types of weapons. Armour actually looks different for each character. The item creation system will give this a lot more replay value than the original. The original got old after a few plays through because you had no new items to find. If you like the original, this is a must buy!!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:33 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I don't/didn't like the PC Baldurs Gate games either. I like to be the lone hero, not much of a party person. But the Baldurs Gate games on the console are quite fun, and BGII is no exception, I've just about completed the game with the barbarian and it has been quite an enjoyable experiance. Lots of new niffty things in the game.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:07 pm