Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
New guy to Gothic, help and advices needed!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

New guy to Gothic, help and advices needed!

Hello everyone, i´m new to these forums and new to Gothic games.
I´ve been watching these games for some time now and at last decided to buy them.
Now, for what comes to Gothic 1, i find it a bit...too big and open for me and because of this i would like to recieve some advice and help from you more expirienced players. I also tried to search a similiar former discussion, but failed so i made a new one.
So, i´ve currently visited of course the old camp and sect camp. New camp is still to be discovered. I´ve made only a thing or two this far, but already i´m feeling a bit loss...I don´t have any money, everything costs a lot of money, i´ve learned that skinning animals etc is a good way to make your liviing, but to learn those skills also need some money...So, what would be the proper way to begin my long journey in Gothic? Any help is much appreciated!
Last, forgive my bad english, but i´m not a native english speaker
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:52 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Nah youst try eksploring for a while its the best part of the Game. and if my memorie is korrekt theres a hunter on the way to New camp that kan teach you skinning for free,
also in New Camp you kan gett free diggers pants (first armor).

And look my english is worse than yours.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:44 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Animalenemy,

Welcome to the friendly forums.

What you have said brings music to my ear's, you have no money, no armour, no skills, no good weapons, fantastic , that's just as it should be, now you will live on your instincts, you will learn by yourself, slowly at first, then in ever increasing stages till you become a super hero and save the world.

Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:35 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi there Wulf and thanks for the warm words.
I see where you are getting at..So i should learn the things in this world through my own expiriences...Won´t be an easy task, because of the "so open world" etc. But i´ll certainly try.
(A bit off topic right now i´m mostly concentrating my time to Gothic 2 because it makes the start a bit easier for a new player, but i´m thinking maybe i should after all try to stick with the original and try to get the hang of it.)
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:50 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you have the time, I would play through G1 first. Just talk to everyone, see who is who and who can do what at first. As Wulf said, it will suddenly start to take off on you. Just pay attention to who is in what camp so you can find them later. Try not to join a sect until you have to. G1 lays some of the story lines you read in G2 but is not necessary to enjoy that game. I though G1 was much easier myself in the opening chapter than G2. Walk, talk and explore. Your first missions are just around the bend.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:55 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

no money ahhhh u take me back to the first time i played gothic i didn't even know what to do with lp tried to click on the chacter infomation screen but enough of that no money u say go to the blacksmith in the old camp(the digger) and learn to forge the is like this u buy raw steel from him for 40 ore and make crude sword which is worth 100 ore but u can sell it for 50 so it's a clean 10 ore profit he keeps on selling u raw steel and that pretty much take care of u're currency problem as for a weapon the crude sword is good at first since it have the same damage as the digger discpline 20 but u need more strengh still a good cheap weapon good luck and enjoy
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:31 am
Zamolxes
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi, Hi !!!

What makes Ghotic so special, is not money to buy items or something, but to know how to fight or how to use your skill points or how to resolve the quests.
For that you have to explore and you'll see that you'll find free items, free armor, free weapons etc...
Personally I've finished the game using less than 3000 ore and I remained with more than 20000 ore unused.
Good luck!!!!!!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:00 am
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thank all you who have replied to my post!
I´ll try once more to get into Gothic 1 and we´ll what comes of it.
I´ll continue posting here when i discover new things that need answering.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:51 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

man this takes me back really miss the first few times i played gothic its still a great game but the fact that i was able to get lost out in the middle of no there was great .. i dont know maybe gothic should be classified as a drug seens it is really heard to put it away once you've started caused me to be late for school a few time
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:07 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

*laughs*
Seems my little "scream for help" made all the veterans remember what was it like to start playing this game and cry tears of happiness. Man, what a dedicated community!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:20 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

Anima|enemy
after playing the game a few times im sure you'll get as hooked as most of us its truely an amazing game
and huge .. still mange to find new things after 3 years or something
you made a great buy
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:24 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Uocjat, i know i made the right choise by bying these two great games.
I haven´t doubted that for a single moment, but Gothic 2 just seemed a bit easier for a newcomer to start with. But as i said before, í haven´t given up with G1. I´ll surely return to it.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:29 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i recoment play gothic 1 through frist .. in G2 there are a few comments and such you migth not get if you havent played the first game
but you are the one to deside

---may the sleeper enligthen you---
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:33 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Man, I remember how fabulous it was playing Gothic before I'd completely memorized its world! Definitely play Gothic first! It will make the Gothic 2 experience much more satisfying! As for money, there are many ways to make it. You could try beating up and robbing diggers, doing quests for people, making and selling swords, and you can always kill animals and sell their meat (cook it first; it gives meat more value).

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:25 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

G1 first! And do side quests, let people guide you to places, etc.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:20 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next