Usergroups
Lance's New Record!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Drake14
Brigadier General

Lance's New Record!!!!

Lance Armstrong racing for the U.S Postal team set the new record by winning 6 Tour De Frances in a row. How cool is that!!!
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:45 am
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

congrats !
I guess you're American right ?

EDIT : Jure Robič 1.st place ( men's solo ) on the RAAM 2004 ( Race across America - it's the ultimate ultracycling marathon )
just a silence gone bad
something I will never hide
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:20 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

lance is an incredible guy!

Would sure love to see those Froggies squirm as the National Anthem is played... AGAIN!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

On the one hand congrats on the other hand Doped!

I say doped cause for his cancer a few years ago, he's still taking medicaments for it. Medicaments that contain items listed as known products for doping. He has a perscription for it, but it still says to me that the others don't ride with the same weapons.

And then my last remark: Any other of the greate cyclists went for more then just the Tour De France. (Even Idurain won the Giro in a tour year) That doesn't mean that his prestation is less, but it does mean that he's miles away from the Greatest. (for not cyclist fans -> Eddy Merckx)
NFG member
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:09 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I sure the other cyclists are aching to catch cancer so that they can use what would otherwise be illegal doping agents. Hey, catching cancer might help their game. (with sarcasm)
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:47 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

So what you guys are saying is that Lance is a doper, even though he has been CANCER FREE for a few years and hasen't been on the MEDICATION for many years. So i doubt that he has the effect of the medication he had to take when he had cancer

I don't see how you guys think having cancer is funny at all. it isn't, mabey i shouldn't of made this thread if you are going to bust on Lance, since it's very evident you guys don't like him.

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:08 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

No, I like Lance Armstrong. I am not saying that he is a doper. I am saying that it is silly to say that developing cancer helped anyone. I am saying that the greatest achievement that Lance Armstrong has done is beating cancer, not winning the 6 Tour de France. Most of those guys he has beat over the last six years, could not win the Tour de France or beat cancer. Lance did both; that is a testament to Lance's strength. (with absolutely no sarcasm)
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:31 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Now that's a misstake you've written, Darrius. Lance has beaten both Jan Ulrich and Pantani. Two cyclists that had already won the tour.

@Drake The way Armstrong won this year was just to easy to be true. It's the same with Michael Johnson at the 200m in Atlanta. He ran an incredible world record :19.32s while it was 19.72 before him. (9.66 over a 100m while the W.R. is 9.79 at the time) Now when you tell me he did that without doping, I just laugh with you. But it doesn't mean that he still has trained a lot and really was the best man of the field.(certainly that day)

For Armstrong I see some differences. He has used RECENTELY medication on prescription for a few of the cancer effects. This medication contained products on the list. Now when I heard this, I turned against Armstrong. And with the stuff he did to a witness(Simeoni) last friday, it didn't get any better.

//Witness against a doctor known for EPO and other stuff that has been visited regullary by Armstrong.
NFG member
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:22 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

So, you think developing cancer helped his game?
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:41 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

I just watched a special on CNN and Lance said that he has never used preformance enhancing drugs ever. So as of now, i am the one laughing at you Bartacus
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:46 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

quote:
Originally posted by |comy|
Jure Robič 1.st place ( men's solo ) on the RAAM 2004 ( Race across America - it's the ultimate ultracycling marathon )

Yes we Slovenians can be proud on that achievement.

quote:
Originally posted by Drake_14

I just watched a special on CNN and Lance said that he has never used preformance enhancing drugs ever. So as of now, i am the one laughing at you Bartacus
)

Drake ... people lie remember? And he won't go telling he used them in public but i think its worlwide known that he did take the cancer medications and that drugs may have helped him.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:12 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If I can throw my two cents in here. He is taking replacement hormones for the ones lost due to the cancer. Now if the dose is higher than may be needed, or has a few extras in it, I don't know. But replacement therapy is a must for him post surgury, and the dose would have been increased slowly after the cancer treatments were over. So lets not automaticly assume that he is doing something wrong or that the effects he is getting would not have been his normal body levels had he not gotten the cancer. I may be wrong, but I believe in giving someone a break until all the facts are out there, and right now they are not.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:39 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

I am not accusing him i think he is a great sportsman. But I think that he might have used the drugs into his good on more then one way.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:49 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You may be right. I don't know. All I know is my medical training tells me he should be at peak levels at this time post surgery, and that his body should be just getting to peak return of muscle mass by this time as well.

Loss of testosterone will cause muscle mass loss as well as strenght loss. They would not have given him a full dose for replacement for several years, fearing that had the cancer speard or even a few cells been missed, that the hormones would cause them to grow.

After five years, you are considered to be cancer free and all treatments are adjusted accordingly. That was my only point, take it for what it is worth. As we don't know what is going on with the meds, I can't say if he is getting more than he should or not. Or if he is getting unnecessary ones for that matter. Just wanted to point out anouther possible side to the story here.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:58 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by Drake14

I'm laughing back to you Drake. I think Mercenary already said why, but also cause of the fact that he's linked to THE doping doctor of the peloton. (Ferrari or sth like that. Iknow it's almost the same as the car.)
Do you know how most of the dope users go free? By fighting the procedure. And cause you are innocent till one proves otherwise, many of them walk for free. I know of a few people in the Belgian Athletics that they used dope. They are on a black list, but couldn't be accused cause of the procedure faults. Now for me this is still considered taking doping. I don't know how you look at this.
NFG member
Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next