Usergroups
A little trick for new comers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Raistlin_Majere
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When you get to the old camp, draw you sword at the castle grounds gateway. The guards will just stand there shouting at you to put away your weapon. Now you can run past them and enter the castle grounds, and if you have a little lockpicking skill the chests are yours for the taking. Oh and you can do the same for the castle temple and Gomez`s Mansion, just don`t go talking to him, or you will be in big trouble. You`d think the guards would have a little more sense than to let you go charging through the castle gate with a weapon drawn.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:58 pm
Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm not sure this works entirely, when I do it they pull out crossbows and start nailing me. what I did discover is that i can attack a digger(preferably the one right next to the castle gates) but don't kill him, let him run away and he'll go to the castle, don't let him out of your sights, follow him and you should enter the castle with no problem and deliver the letter to the magicians. (works better when it's done at night!!)

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:51 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'll add to this:

You can fight and kill the two Guards at the gates. Run in between the two Guards. Arrows cannot deal damage while they're target is standing inside the alcove of the castle. And since the Guards only have crossbows, you're invincible while you stand between them.

This is not much of a bug. This is so that you cannot snipe the people inside the castle while standing outside near Diego.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:54 am