Gothic II Die Nacht des Raben English Translation Mod 1.0
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

thx you'r my hero!

Just read the first post not yet this whole topic so it could be asked before; but where can I BUY (online) the German version?

Gothic II Credits
Post Sun May 23, 2004 4:37 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

--- ANSWERING GokuSSJ ---

i´m from spain and things here don´t look very good also

atari is delaying the spanish version of the original gothic2 one time and another and we have no explanation

first date that was going to be relased was march 17, and then it was delayed to april 1st, the date now is 28 may, here we all hope that this time they´ll do it so we can all play spanish gothic 2 this friday, but i´m not sure if this time is gonna be released

but know reading your post, i start to think that is possible that atari spain has the same problem that atari italy and the have to delay more the release in order to resolve their legal problems

there are rumours that atari spain is delaying the release so much because they want to launch directly gothic2 gold edition with the addon already included, everything with spanish subtitles and english voices, but i think that rumours are too much optimistic and i don´t pay too much attention to them

i´ve never understood very well why PB just don´t do an "universal" release, with options to choose the spoken dialogs in english and german, and another option to choose the subtitles (english, german, spanish, french, italian, portugueses, etc...)

everybody would be able to buy the game and it would only use one more cd
(time to start to think in dvd already)

pd: sorry for my english
Post Sun May 23, 2004 5:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by a24710
--- ANSWERING GokuSSJ ---

i´m from spain and things here don´t look very good also

atari is delaying the spanish version of the original gothic2 one time and another and we have no explanation

first date that was going to be relased was march 17, and then it was delayed to april 1st, the date now is 28 may, here we all hope that this time they´ll do it so we can all play spanish gothic 2 this friday, but i´m not sure if this time is gonna be released

but know reading your post, i start to think that is possible that atari spain has the same problem that atari italy and the have to delay more the release in order to resolve their legal problems

there are rumours that atari spain is delaying the release so much because they want to launch directly gothic2 gold edition with the addon already included, everything with spanish subtitles and english voices, but i think that rumours are too much optimistic and i don´t pay too much attention to them

i´ve never understood very well why PB just don´t do an "universal" release, with options to choose the spoken dialogs in english and german, and another option to choose the subtitles (english, german, spanish, french, italian, portugueses, etc...)

everybody would be able to buy the game and it would only use one more cd
(time to start to think in dvd already)

pd: sorry for my english

I think they dont release english right now becose they dont have a decent publisher in worldwide i mean JoWooD will publish gothic series only in germany but worldwide there are no decent publishers yet found[koch media published gothic 1? if i remember correctly and didnt sell very well and with the Atari u allready see what is happening)
Post Sun May 23, 2004 8:32 pm
GokuSSJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To a24710 and Dedalus
---------------------------

Interesting! Really interesting! Interesting thing is that ALSO italian version was setted for 17 march 2004... now we are waiting for a possible 24 june
I have many doubt about the possibility of a spanish version with the expansion i wish for you that it is true, but i don't believe in dreams
Here atari doesn't know nothing about the expansion... how is it possible that in spain atari knows about the expansion? Only if atari will result a really bad organized brand would be possible such a thing.
In my opinion the first gothic sells a few copies because of the delay in publishing and probably that will be the same sort of gothic 2 by atari, because thousands of years in waiting after the official launch are really too much for the fans!
The good fact about gothic saga is that gothic 3 probably will be published by koch media, directly at the launch of german version: that is the 'news' someone is spreading here in Italy.
So good luck to Spain and i hope that for 24 june you'll be already at some higher level with your alter ego in the game
Post Sun May 23, 2004 9:15 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus

I think they dont release english right now becose they dont have a decent publisher in worldwide i mean JoWooD will publish gothic series only in germany but worldwide there are no decent publishers yet found[koch media published gothic 1? if i remember correctly and didnt sell very well and with the Atari u allready see what is happening)

Xicat was the publisher for the first and they did absolutely no advertising. The demo was found by pure luck at de spelletjesgarnaal.be.(Dutch spoken site) It wasn't even at the telenet gamessite(also Dutch spoken site) and that's very weird.

about the ordering: This has been already posted dozen of times, but got to the official website -> got to ordering Gothic 2 -> Take the German Gothic 2 Gold -> You'll get at Rollenspiel.de -> From there you can just order the game. It will cost you 45.78 euro.
NFG member
Post Sun May 23, 2004 11:12 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

to GokuSSJ
-------------

here in spain, gothic1 sold a lot, cause 6-8 months ago (aprox) a cheap version of spanish gothic 1 was released and a lot fans bought it. it costs only 15€.

these great number of sold copies is the main reason why a spanish gothic2 version is going to be released

don´t think that they´re going to release the gold edition, but maybe the´ll release the addon later, nobody knows

we can only wait and see what happen

on friday i´ll make a new thread and explain what´s happening here, cause we´re running a little bit off topic

cheers
Post Mon May 24, 2004 12:28 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

www.rollenspiel-shop.de Gothic 2 Gold Edition was 30 EUR, now the price is up to 35.78 EUR with the text patch release. I guess they are selling more, or something. worldwide shipping.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 2:14 am
rubnz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I wonna thank you people who made the english subtitles you guys rock!!!!!!!! SO MUCH. A simple thank you isnt enough I LOVE YOU!!!!
Post Mon May 24, 2004 3:15 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

So Rubnz, I guess you got it installed then, yes? I was busy to answer your PM.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 3:59 am
rubnz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks Xerxes712
Post Mon May 24, 2004 7:18 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by bigboy_
Hi!

I got 1 simple question and I would like to get a simple answer(s) to it.
Let`s say that I don`t own a single copy of Gothic 2.What do I have to do to play Night of the Raven in english,using this translation mode?
Thanks!

You have ZERO chances to play NoTR without G2. It's an ADD-ON package to G2, meaning that without G2, it will not run at all. 1/3rd of the NoTR related action occures in original G2 world, not to mention all the changes done to the G2 world with NoTR. So, go and buy G2 if you want to play NoTR.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 7:50 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The translation pack also works on add-on version 2.5
Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:02 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If I have az english version of Gothic 2...will Die Nacht des Raben work with it?I mean can I install the german addon on to the english Gothic 2?
Post Mon May 24, 2004 3:52 pm
Balrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I live in Greece do u know if the game will come here?From wich site can i buy the addon or the gold edition plz type me a site witch is in english.Where can i ifnd the translation pack plz type me the address.If anyone in greece and ath have the addon plz type me.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 3:56 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

The fact that you want to order a German game from a German company make it highly unlikely that you are going to find a page in English to order it from...
Post Mon May 24, 2004 5:59 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next