Favorite moment in the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Favorite moment in the game?

What is your most favorite moment in the game? It can be anything from plot twists to something cool you found you could do. (I put this in the Spoiler forum because of the plot twists. )

Believe it or not, I was rather pleased to discover I could make a bed out of hay. This may not sound like a ground-breaking improvement in games, but it really demonstrates the detail that was put into this game world and the sheer interactiveness of it. I just thought that was really cool.
I also have enjoyed the dialog options and those funny and often useful messages that pop up during loading and saving.
Also, in Iona's dungeon there is a room full of livestock. Let's face it, the monsters need to eat sometime too!

So what's something that you enjoyed?
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:25 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I like to listen the Elves' discussing group in the Elf-Outpost. Everytime I was in town they had always something new to discuss - very funny dialog in the german version.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:42 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I especially liked the one where the female elf told off Mr. "I Hate The Piggy Humans".
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:53 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

I enjoy very much the humorous dialog options in conversations. Here is some memorable moments and conversations were my in-game character - Megan Mirlock the mage encountered. She is a witty young mage living in a harsh world and every enemies want to see her death at every corners she turns.

1) Encounter with Arhu the cat:
Arhu: "Hello; my friend. My name's Arhu. I've waited all day long for you to pay me visit."
Megan: "WHAT!. A talking cat? I must have taken head wound...I need a healer."

2)Encounter with Myrthos the Dwarf:
Myrthos: "Greeting human. Have you heard? We are at war with the elves again."
Megan: "Are you sure it is not the imps?"
Myrthos: "No, no! I'm sure it's the elves."

3)Encounter with Moriendor:
Moriendor: "It's my honor to welcome you to my humble hideout, Marked one. Just out of curiousity, how you did you get past the Stone sentries?."
Megan: "Don't concern yourself, oh-man-who-thinks-himself-invincible!."

4)Meeting with Troll king:
Troll king: "Huh!, what we have here? You a stupid-head to enter my realm little piggy human?."
Megan: "Never heard of you Your Majesty...since when did the troll developed a monarchical system?..."

5)Meeting with the philosophical Barry:
Barry: "Life is worth living! I can sum up all i know about life in two words: IT CONTINUES. That should be enough for any man."
Megan: "If you say so...".

6)Meeting with some knight at Riveltown:
Knight: "Look what we have here - a peasant with a sword? Thinking of to be a hero are ye?."
Megan: Did you say something, you rusty tin can? You must be sure afraid of getting hurt to wear all that metal on you person."
Knight: "Rusty tin can? How dare you!? I'll cut you into bite-sized pieces of dog food!."
Megan: "That is enough, Sir. If you insist of insulting me, i have no choice but answer you with force. Now, let us see what color your guts are under all that tinwork."

7) Face to face with "wise" tree at Dark Forest:
Tree: "Who disturbs me? Who dare come within my reach?"
Megan: "Calm yourself tree...I have travelled far to meet you."
Tree: "Meet me? What is it you want from me?"
Megan: "I only wanted to see if you were still standing here..."
Tree: "Your humour is pitiful human. Wait one moment and i shall give you an example of my kind of humour..."

One hour later....

Tree: "What are you still doing here? Leave me along, you brute!..."

8. A chats with an Elf in some Inns at Verdistis:
Elf: "I hope you were able to sleep last night human, for i did not! That Dwarven couple in the next room snored and grunted all night...even the female."
Megan: "Are you sure they were - snoring - and not engaging in some other -activity -?"
Elf: "What do you mean? Ah...I see. Ahem."
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:46 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Errr... Myrthos the Dwarf? Now why did nobody tell me this
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:04 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I chose to play a female character in the game and the first time I gained a level and heard my character say in that cute voice "Superb!" or "That was nice!" or "How wonderful!". I also liked that cat that would follow you around in the starting town and you could say to it "Good kitty". I'm a cat person, so that was cool. Also liked Ahru too of course.
Oh, and also when I freed Penumbra from the thieves guild jail and she gave my female character a kiss. I was hoping that my character would have responded to that using one of her cute phrases such as "That was nice!"
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:35 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Ah... yes, the cats in Divinity. I think there's memorable moment about them. They were attacking & clawing at me wherever i go - i thought "what the heck!!??". I'm not aware when & how this happened - but likely i accidently click on one of them while my weapons still drawn, or because one of them got blasted to pieces while i'm busy shooting meteorstrike at Orcs.... with quite a number of cats keep pestering me, the death toll of cat is also quite high at Rivellon.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:53 pm
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I havent been playing this long, but my favourite part so far (well..most favourite as there are many)..is the discussion between two skeletons about there own existence.........and then they go to pieces.

As Val mentioned earlier, there is a lot of detail in this game. It is not a game to be rushed as a lot of the feel and atmos could be missed.

This is all about involvement and attention to detail...I think Larian should be very pleased with themselves.

Regards,

Hexmaster
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:07 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I would have to agree, those two skeletons are still my favourite as well. This is a brilliant game and the humour shows you don't have to take everything so super seriously.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:26 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Yes, skeletons for me. I'd read about this in several previews so the conversation wasn't a surprise, but when there was a slight pause and they fell to pieces I loved it.

Meeting Arhu and Bronthion was fun (haven't seen Myrthos, yet).

EDIT: At the Ducal Inn (near Remus' grunting dwarves) are Codrin and his brother, "Tit", who are looking for woman with big assets...
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:06 am
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I came across a dwarf and human guy who had been involved in a traffic accident with their two carts.

This dialogue went on for about 4 consecutive times as I passed them on different occasions.

I thought it would come to blows, but eventually they decided to go for a beer together......then they started arguing over which Inn to got to....still they went for a beer in the end.....how civilised.

Regards,

Hex
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:01 am
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Phil Collins/Genesis Lyrics

Heheheh......

Ive only just found the 2nd part of the Verdistis sewers.....entry top left through a pipe.....full of thieves and bomb throwing lizards...

I had to laugh when my character met a thiefand one of the conversation options was a quote from a Genesis or Phil Collins song "Too many people...not enough love to go 'round etc:"....well...this is the world we live in...I suppose.

Nice....

Regards,

Hexmaster
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:44 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I liked the skeletons myself....I also liked how fun it was to tell the two graverobbers they were out of work.....the peeing boy was slightly amusing for a few seconds....I wanted to ridicule every npc at every turn but I was afraid to because of how negative reactions can lead to not getting info, not getting certain quests....shopkeepers refusing to sell to you....etc... though after finishing the game I might go through the whole game and insult everyone and such. One of my major disappointments was when I was trying to run away I kept targetting bad guys when I really wanted to get gone and not have to teleport to a whole nother map....also the accidental killing of cows and cats was annoying too....but other than that the game was very enjoyable and still is. I just want to know....is it in any way possible to be able to finish the game and still be able to make funny comments throughout the game?
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:17 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I was able to choose quite a few of the funny options. Of course, I'd save my game and experiment.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:44 pm
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Definatly the boar cursed in the dark forest, once you completed the quest and run into him again. I was laughing right out after that conversation

Allthough there was tons of great moments, many listed above
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:08 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next