Lost saved game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lost saved game

Hi, heres my problem, the power went out while I was on the comp. and I had to re-install Windows xp. so I lost everything. I completed Morrowind but of course lost my saved games. I want to play the expansions but don't want to start all over from the beginning. Would anybody have a saved game at the end that I could use? Or are there other ways without starting over? Thank you.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 6:14 pm
Andrew
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry.. I'm just reading this post and thinking "..... what?!" you lost power... and you had to reinstall XP.... or are we/I missing some facts that you didn't think were important to add...
Post Wed May 19, 2004 2:59 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

The power went out when the comp. was on and busy. When I tried to start the comp. it would constantly re-boot and nothing worked. It doesn't matter how I lost everything, I just want to know if anybody has a saved game at the end.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 11:26 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm afraid my old savegames have been archived away, and my current character hasn't done much of the main quest.

Interestingly, Google isn't turning anything up either. Do people develop too much attachment to their characters that they can't bear to let a stranger play with them?
Post Thu May 20, 2004 9:38 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for looking cfmdobbie. Question, can you use your character from the original MW in the addons? If so, then do I have to start the original all over again since my games are lost? Thanks
Post Thu May 20, 2004 11:46 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yep, the original savegames would have worked. I'm not sure that's really what you wanted to hear!

The two expansions are basically very large, content-rich plugins - the core game just treats them as user-added data. So yes, you can install an expansion and load up a character from before with no problems. As the executables get altered to provide support for new game features, there's a small "conversion" process on first load/save, but apart from that it "just works".
Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:35 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ouch, that hurts. It took me a few months to complete the game and I don't know if I can go through all of that again. Please, does anybody have an end game save? Thanks
Post Fri May 21, 2004 11:35 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I suggest just starting again and seeing how you go. There's still lots to do in Tribunal and Bloodmoon at low levels, so you could at least get started on them while gaining experience enough to handle the tougher stuff. If things get difficult, wander back to the mainland, do a bit of the Morrowind main quest, and return to the expansion later.

For what it's worth, I started a new character each time a new expansion came out!
Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:46 pm
Allanon
Village Leader
Village Leader

What the heck, I might as well try a different character, I wonder if there are any mods to be a Dwarf? Thanks again cfm for the help, it is appreciated.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:18 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Allanon
Thanks again cfm for the help, it is appreciated.

No problem, that's what we're here for!

As for a new character, I heartily recommend a High Elf born under the sign of The Atronach. The spell absorption effects of the birthsign mean the game requires quite a different strategy to be employed, the class weaknesses make the lower levels more exciting, and you get a massive Fortify Maximum Magicka bonus. You might find it quite a different game from your previous character, so you needn't mourn the loss of your savegames too much!

Have fun!
Post Tue May 25, 2004 1:07 pm