High Emperor
High Emperor

woohoo lets start scripting all the way to bikinis
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:04 pm
Locoman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LOL - "broffel" - that's a classic

That was a good laugh. At first I was wondering what the heck a "broffel" is, but then when I pit two and two together it made for a good laugh. It's an Ebonicized version of the word. That's great.

More seriously, though, it is not the US government that opposes game nudity and violence. It is US citizens who raise the ruckus. Yes, the government got involved and led to age ratings on games and music, but that was in response to the people who raised their concerns about such things.

Personally, I am not offended by nudity in games, but it comes across as totally pathetic. A whorehouse in a game is good window dressing, but the cutscene was the only reward, and it quite frankly sucked. There should have been an experience reward at least. I was hoping there would be some king of quest initiated, but instead I got a horribly lame cutscene of PG-rated cartoon sex. It was a juvenile reward (or a lesson learned about how stupid it is to pay for sex for a computer game character).
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:49 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well…you couldn’t any points for Str or Dex because I Think he laid on his back to whole time…not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:58 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I was exceptionally bored today so I went around town in marvin mode, removing all clothing/armor from ALL npc's. It's pretty funny now, it looks like everyone is at the beach. Except they've all got swords on them.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:31 am
BossmanVU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There is a scene similar to the Gothic cutscene in Mafia, as well as the same type of language. I have the English version but we'll see what gets cut out or not. The only reason I think they'd cut it out is to try and get below an M rating to increase the audience. THey left the Mafia sex scene as well as the bad language in the game, and it made it to the shelves.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:49 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by konny666
I was exceptionally bored today so I went around town in marvin mode, removing all clothing/armor from ALL npc's. It's pretty funny now, it looks like everyone is at the beach. Except they've all got swords on them.

I wonder if that nude skin that was used in G1 would work on G2 models...

Sylvio
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:12 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by BossmanVU
There is a scene similar to the Gothic cutscene in Mafia, as well as the same type of language. I have the English version but we'll see what gets cut out or not. The only reason I think they'd cut it out is to try and get below an M rating to increase the audience. THey left the Mafia sex scene as well as the bad language in the game, and it made it to the shelves.
<--- hmm if i still am right they just removed the blood there
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:50 pm
Z-MAN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Do u never seen the nacked girl in G1?????
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:50 am
The_Dragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

you did not play Gothic 1, did you?

That was nudity.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:45 pm
ajax
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it's not really nudity, it's sexually suggestive "positions" and at best skimpy clothing
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:06 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

In the original version there was one instance of real nudity, not just skimpy clothing. It was edited out for the US market, but in such a way it was easy to fix.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:09 am
Skaht
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Its not that all of us Americans are stodgy, uptight anal retentives, its just those right-wing conservative nutbags running our country! Sure, one might say that we vote in our elected officials, but as the last election shows, its not always the guy with the most votes that wins. Not only that, but we are only truly given 2 choices to pick from anyway. Thats only one better than Cuba has in its elections!

Anyway, enough of that! I am dying to play the game and could care less either way if it is rated M, T, E or XXX, just as long as I can play it! I'm personally hoping that they are fixing some of the issues that have come up as bad in the reviews (like the voice acting) and not removing anything! Thats the only reason I have not ordered the British version.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:00 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah vote for Mace Gillian

Anyway i dont think the game will be imporved too much it would be easyer to buy the UK version if u like gothic too much
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:05 pm
WeaponX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Art?

I just feel sorry for the Devs who had a vision for their work and have to sit there and cut-up their masterpiece to please fat pompous pig-faced politicians who don't really give a scavenger's Bee-hind about the people.

Cool, I have funny looking CIA guys reading over my shoulder.

GAK!!
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:31 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

While there are obviously plenty of people in this thread that get ammusement from such things, I will add my contribution.

Titties!

There...
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:42 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next