HoMM 5 Officially Announced!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

HoMM 5 Officially Announced!

Ubisoft has officially <a href="http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/News/Info.aspx?nId=2069" target="_blank">announced</a> 'Heroes of Might and Magic V' is under development at Russian studio Nival Interactive (Etherlords, Evil Islands, Silent Storm) and due for release in early 2006. Here's the press release:<blockquote><em><b>Ubisoft Powers into Heroic Fantasy Genre with New Title</b>
<br>
<br>Paris, FRANCE – March 30, 2005 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, is delighted to confirm the return of the legendary Might and Magic® brand. Credited with the establishment of the heroic fantasy genre upon its first release in 1985 on PC, the brand encompasses several product lines including the mythical Heroes of Might & Magic®. Ubisoft will bring fresh life to the franchise, while respecting its heritage, just as it successfully did with cult brands such as Prince of Persia® and Myst®.
<br>
<br>The first game to reintroduce the Might & Magic universe to the public will be Heroes of Might and Magic® V. Gamers will delve into a more mature, consistent fantasy universe that will appeal to fans of all fantasy genres. One of the most successful turn-based strategy* franchises, the Heroes of Might and Magic® series, with its distinctive touch of RPG, is a benchmark in the Heroic Fantasy genre, with considerable commercial and critical acclaim. The new game will benefit from the features and characteristics that established the success of the initial saga while offering a wealth of innovations such as a highly immersive scenario, a variety of appealing factions, modern 3D graphics, a revolutionary tactical combat system, and a story-based campaign mode.
<br>
<br>“Ubisoft is pleased to bring back this exceptional series not just for Heroes fans, but to a larger audience that can appreciate the singular combination of a fantasy environment and strategic gameplay,” said Alain Corre, Ubisoft’s Managing Director for Europe, Asia Pacific and South America. “Online or offline, the breathtaking world to explore, the tactical decisions to make, and the opportunity to build a true Hero will entice players to become a part of the Might & Magic universe.”
<br>
<br>Developed by a seasoned team at Nival Interactive (Blitzkrieg, Silent Storm, Etherlords), the unique Might & Magic® experience can be relived on PC by gamers worldwide in early 2006. For more information, visit <a href="http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/" target="_blank">www.mightandmagicgame.com/</a>.</em></blockquote>The link to the teaser site has the usual info including the first screens and a forum. Thanks <a href="http://www.tothegame.com/" target="_blank">ToTheGame</a> and <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/" target="_blank">Gamers Hell</a>.
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:16 pm
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

Now all we have to do is wait ..and wait...and wait until 2006 . And if we get lucky we just might have a delay! YAY
(no offence Dhruin)

You read this text AGAIN?! ARGHH! Stop reading! Now! You're still reading this, aren't you. *sigh* Sure, read, I doesn't bother me. Really! Read on, dude. Cool. READ. Ok, enough! Stop! ... I hate you ... If you don't stop I'll replay Manhunt and I'll show you what I can do with a toothpick!!!11 Save the Whales!!!!!!111oneoneone
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:25 pm
Scoundrel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I hope they put new races, units, buildings, imroved graphichs, animation, sound, etc.

If this game is going to be made then it should look like HoMM3, not HoMM4 which I didnt like a lot.

Well the inability of upgrading units and the inability of producing many kinds of units in a town( You produce Unit A but this makes you unable to produce Unit B ) completely made the fun go away for me.

Well at least I hope that the 5th game will have minimal and unimportant flaws... ( nothing is flawless )
Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:39 pm
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

From what I know (and seen) I think it's gonna be a cartoon graphic like Warcraft II or XIII.

You read this text AGAIN?! ARGHH! Stop reading! Now! You're still reading this, aren't you. *sigh* Sure, read, I doesn't bother me. Really! Read on, dude. Cool. READ. Ok, enough! Stop! ... I hate you ... If you don't stop I'll replay Manhunt and I'll show you what I can do with a toothpick!!!11 Save the Whales!!!!!!111oneoneone
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:42 pm
Lucky Day

the first few were good and I was mad when King's Bounty was suddenly finished. I was 16 years old and paid $40 for the thing!

Like Warcraft and Civilization there doesn't seem to be much more to these games except better graphics.
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:05 pm

CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

True, but from what I know Warcraft III did bring many new things, that's why it was so good.

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:08 pm
HOMM3

I Think Homm3 Is The Best Out Of The Rest

I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I PERSONALLY WOUld rather play HOMM3 I LIKE IT MORE THAN ANY OTHER HEROES I DONT LIKE NUMBER 4 THEY SHOULD JUST IMPROVE NUMBER 3 BUT NOT CHANGE IT LIKE ENTIRELY
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:36 am

homm3

quote:
Originally posted by CassRo
Now all we have to do is wait ..and wait...and wait until 2006 . And if we get lucky we just might have a delay! YAY
(no offence Dhruin)
Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:50 am