MOD Discussion Thread
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

However,

A further advantage to be gained by using GothicVDFS and Goman is that i can now transfer characters heads and texture features from Gothic to Gothic-II
and vice-vesa, Mud in G2? yes, Gomez in G2? yes, the list is endless.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:15 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Xerxes712,

How is the "Mod" progress? - - Just an idea, one thing i always liked in rpg's was "poison" - - there is no poison connection in Gothic/G2 at all, a poisonous arrow? or the first bite of a certain moster? could then make pc-hero "limp/slow" like the zombie anim' until a certain anti-poison concoction could be made only with alchemy skill? - - this would mean pc-hero would "have to" learn alchemy, imagine pc-hero's strength slowly erroding over say 24 hours? till he found and brewed an antedote!
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:22 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Poison is a nice idea; but I would not know how to implement it in without some developer tools (I hear there are some with Raven add-on in German Mod tools for G2).

But all I was doing was to hex edit values in game (stats, weapons, different NPC and monsters armor, weapons carried, experience, rebalance spells, rewards, whatever you can imagine) as a 'value' to change to make the game harder and more fun. I know where all the stuff is, but Raven was coming out....

BUT then Raven was coming out which would have done all this and did -thus I quit working on it.

To my surprise we may never see an English version of Raven.

I wish they would tell us one way or the other. They neither confirm nor dis-confirm an English add-on will be published (I believe it does exist -just never published).

Once I knew THAT - I would start an English subtitle translation for the German Combo to play the add-on (good for when the price of the German Gold edition drops in price - it would take a few months for me to translate since it is not my native tongue)......
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:57 am
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

Is there a program that can convert the model and skin files to ones to can be used with 3dStudio MAX? or does something like this not exist?
Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:24 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there RastaBlasta420,

I think there was some plugins at Nico's

Try here:- http://www.bendlins.de/nico/gothic/

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:43 pm
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm putting the files in the proper folders in my 3dstudio Max directory but nothing new shows up inside the program. Did I forget to do something?
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:44 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there RastaBlasta420,

I also got that far but could get no further, much of the help for this is in German, did you look here for info's? - - - - :-

http://wiki.devmode.de/

If you "read between the lines" it gives you a rough idea?
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:16 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Hey what do you say to include some shieldes in this Mod.Just give a try.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:42 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

or some spears
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:20 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

There' also a mod about gothic2.You may know it but check the game's map.

http://www.trails-of-darkness.de/de/index.php?show=id06
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:50 pm
Dart23
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was wondering if there is a way to extract Gothic.dat file and the OU files? I know that with G2MDK you can edit almost everything, but the sad thing is that it only extracts the original german files and that really isn't helping much. So if anyone of you knows a way to extract the Script files that would really help. Because I was thinking about making a mod for the game wich adds new quests to the game and since a friend of mine is a voice actor the new people would also get new voices. This however is only a possibility since I have my studies to take care of and my friend is a very busy man, but as long as I can't get the chance to edit the english version of G2 Addon (the translation mod) I can't start doing any kind of modifications. Not for my self or not for you. So if there is someone out there who could help me I might make some mods for the game. Any kind of help would be appreciated. ANY kind. Even if someone could send me the extracted script files of G2 Translation mod.
Thank You
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:01 pm
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

How do you edit weapon values?
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8