Some Very Anoying Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
+buG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Some Very Anoying Questions

#1. I have made it to some temple or some place in the orc lands. I used the ulu mulu or somthing to get in and open the gates and killed some skeletons ni the area. Now, I came to a point where there are 3 switches, whenever I turn one, somethng opens, and before I can fnid what changed it sunds like it goes back t normal again... Frustrating, I have spent the last 25 minutes looking for the answer. Maybe I don't have the standard RPG smarts to figure out these problems. hehe.

#2. Oh, and where am I in the game? I can't decide whether I'm in the sleepers temple yet or in some other place. I hope I'm not almost done with the game yet :/ I'm loving all of this.

#3. Oh, last question. I heard theres a 6th circle... I was told that 5th circle is as High up as it gets as far as the mage quest goes... Can anybody add some input?
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:12 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

#1. If i got it right where you are, the switches got colors. You could see the color combination somewhere but i forgot where.
This is the color combination: Orange, White and Purple

#2. There is a chapter 6. You have to explore this, then get back out and do something and get back again to explore another part.

#3. The sixt circle can only be tought by Xardas. After you get out again, get back to him and get the sixt circle. You need it as a mage.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:42 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I don't remember any rooms with color coded switches. Where is this? Please give good directions. This may be something I overlooked. Are we talking about the same game here? This is in Gothic you say? Where? I went back to the place where I used the uluu muluu thing after reading this thread and didn't see anything new. I know there are three gates. One leads to the throne room, one leads to some orc priest caves, and the final one leads to the temple, which ultimately leads to the sleeper.

Are you talking about inside the temple where there are three switches to the right corner of the room and you need to figure out the correct combination to open the next gate that a templer was guarding? Is it the three switches where a fire demon spawns everytime you choose the wrong switch?? Is this also the room where you can shoot something with a bow on the wall? Is it the area where opposite to it in the bottom left corner is a large dark room stained with blood that makes spikes come up when you shoot the switch in that room with a bow? (Sorry just trying to get a clear idea of which switches your talking about.)
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:59 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, i'm guessing you havent come across these swtiches before.

So no, you havent got to any of the places you emntioned, yet. They come later. As Xerox said the combination is Orange, White and Purple
The switches are colour coded, so turn the orange switch first, then the white and then the purple, I sometimes out it a little tricky figuring out which switch is what colour (slightly colour blind here..), but i made it eventualy;-) This combination is the same for all the switch sets you come accross.

Once you got the right comination get out of the room your in and back to the chamber. There are 2 doors on the far side, you go through there and kill a few more skeltons if i remember correctly. The go and find the undead shamans. One is in the corrider, another one you get reach by going to the top of the pillers to the right and into the corridor at the top, a third is encountered when you go along the tunnel. Then you go to the very end of the tunnel and you come to a big room with templers on the far side, thats one of the places you mentioned in your last post.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:44 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I've gone through the entire game 3 times. I don't have a clue where it is your talking about. Where on the map is this? Is it inside the orc temple? Sorry, I don't remember Xardas telling me anything about color coded switches. Anyone care to explain this more clearly?
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:44 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm on my second time through and I remember the three switch thingies but I dont remember a color code...
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:43 am
+buG
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

in the temple deep in the orc lands u come into a room with 3 rock-like switches, on the floor infront of each of them is a figure of a large skull or head which looks like it has been painted on the floor. On the forhead of these skulls are colored symbols, one symbol is orange fire, anothr one is of a white swirly thing, and the other is purple, forgot what the shape was. In order to solve the correct order I found the 3 symbols in he room I came in from, a arge room with gates leading to the next section which is full of skeletons. Infront of these gates are the colored symbols. Maybe this rings a bell? Or maybe you didn't pay attention and just got lucky with guessing, or maybe you didnt even need to think about it and got it right the furst time, in this case It explains why alot of you dno't even remember it :]
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:44 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

If I have to explain my understandings to excuse my ignorance, then so be it.

I think I know what your talking about now. It sounds like one of the rooms similar to the one I mentioned where a fire deman spawns everytime you turn the wrong switch. The reason I was having a little trouble understanding where it is your talking about is because you didn't give enough detail. Either that or the detail given was in some ways contradictory to the facts. There are at least 3 rooms in the temple with three switches. There are at least 2 rooms with colored skulls on the floor. In the first post you made it sound as though it were somewhere outside.

"I have made it to some temple or some place in the orc lands."

This sentence implies that your outside near a temple or a temple-like structure. There are at least three structures in Gothic that are located outside that someone could easily mistake as being a temple.

"...whenever I turn one, somethng opens, and before I can fnid what changed it sunds like it goes back t normal again..."

(I am going to assume I translated this text correctly.) I only recall 1 room with three switches that needed to be turned in the correct order. That room is the one I described in the third post. If that isn't the correct room then there are two possibilities. The first possibility is that I got lucky, as you previously noted, and got all the switches in the correct order all three times I played Gothic. The second and seemingly more logical possibility is that there is a room that is somewhat hidden that isn't required to be found in order to finnish the game. In the case of the second possiblity being true, it would mean that there's a part of Gothic I may have missed or overlooked. Its that possibility that fueled my motivation for understanding precisely what room you were referring to.

I'm assuming now that the first possibility is the one that is true. >>>>>
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:56 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Did anyone actually read my post?????
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:15 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Now, now... no need to get defensive or to give long explanations to a short question (Okay three questions).

Yes. We read your post Irf.

But I think Xerox's answer pretty much nailed it. The question now is, +Bug, are you still unable to get through?
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:40 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

There you have it.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:05 am