I have 2 questions about Gothic...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Carlodajin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have 2 questions about Gothic...

1)Is there any possible way to join the Old Camp completely?...I really want to get the heavy guard armor...
2)There is a place that is guarded by an Orc i think...and is near Cavalorns place...do you have any idea for what is that place?...
You?! You are kidding. You think you can just come in here strutting and get straight to the top, or what?. Gomez has only the best people for guards. You're gonna have to work your way up like everyone else, and prove your loyalty as a Shadow. - From "Gothic"

Last edited by Carlodajin on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:44 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

No, you cannot join the Old Camp 'completely' and can never get the heavy guard armor, at least in legit way.

As for the orcs, then it's just some sort of their temple. Whether there was a quest planned for it or it's just there for the 'mood' is not known, in any case as it is there's nothing there for now. Just kick the orcs for additional XP and get the stuff for use or sale.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:49 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

well pb could make some kind of plug in or anything that would add all the quests that werent completed
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:14 am
Carlodajin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok thx...

Thx for the info...i have to say im really dissapointed...well...and Xardas...what is he doing in the temple of the Sleeper???...What can i do about that?...
You?! You are kidding. You think you can just come in here strutting and get straight to the top, or what?. Gomez has only the best people for guards. You're gonna have to work your way up like everyone else, and prove your loyalty as a Shadow. - From "Gothic"

Last edited by Carlodajin on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:46 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

He's in the Temple of the Sleeper to tell you how to defeat him. Talk to him before he falls asleep and he will tell you that he has spent all of his power to get into the Temple and warn you about the power of the Sleeper and tell you how to defeat him.

You get to wear the Heavy Guard Armor in Gothic 2 if you have the add-on.

And welcome to the forums btw!
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:33 pm
Carlodajin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thx...

Thx...i have one question...what add-ons can i have for Gothic 1?...Is there any?...Plz if there is any give me a link...beacuse the gallery of Gothic is very confusing...it doesnt have an explanation on each file...
And by the way...of what is that add-on you are talking about that you need to translate it?...

Last edited by Carlodajin on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:19 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Maylander is talking about Gothic 2 addon. There is not an addon for Gothic 1.
An addon is something made by the game devs.

Some people have made game "mods" that change the game and add new stuff. Diccuric is one.....you can search to find out more. Others have made mods that don't change Gothic, but add new weapons and things.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:18 am
Carlodajin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thx...

How can i get the diccuric mod?...Do you know something about that add-on you need to translate it?...

Last edited by Carlodajin on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:21 am
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
He's in the Temple of the Sleeper to tell you how to defeat him. Talk to him before he falls asleep and he will tell you that he has spent all of his power to get into the Temple and warn you about the power of the Sleeper and tell you how to defeat him.

Hi!

I just finished the game but I had to look up a walkthrough to learn how to defeat the Sleeper. I had no idea how to until when I read it.

So you say Xardas tells us how to proceed? It wasn't the case for me.
When I saw him in the Inner inner temple, the bastard started pissing fireballs at me.

Enraged, I charged him but the backstabber was invulnurable to my attacks.
Because of that, I fled.

When I arrived at the Sleeper, well, I cheated...I couldn't hurt the beast.
I had to kill it.

I guess he was having a bad hair day or something.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:13 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@enodenroH, it isn't too hard to figure out,

If you had enticed the *madKorcalom* towards the back of sleepers hall near to the square pillars, the sleeper would not have aimed any fireballs, in fact the sleeper (according to his stats) at that point is actuall "friendly" - - - - - he only gets angry when madKorcalom shouts the incantation "SLEEEEEEPER-AWAAAAAKEN" this only happens if you should get near to Kalom and the fanatic's praying area.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
@enodenroH, it isn't too hard to figure out,

If you had enticed the *madKorcalom* towards the back of sleepers hall near to the square pillars, the sleeper would not have aimed any fireballs, in fact the sleeper (according to his stats) at that point is actuall "friendly" - - - - - he only gets angry when madKorcalom shouts the incantation "SLEEEEEEPER-AWAAAAAKEN" this only happens if you should get near to Kalom and the fanatic's praying area.

That's exactly what happened!!!

I killed the mad one then I pied pipered the rest of his stupid followers into the depths of the fiery abyss just in the back of the Sleepers' lair entrance. I jumped beyond the cracks of the subterainnean earth and watched them fall to their deaths...

I felt good. That is. Before I stood in front of the mutant mantis and was helpless.
Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:33 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I killed the Sleeper with my first try but the second time I tried it felt a lot harder. I don't know why, maybe it was my stats etc.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:38 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

But how can you kill the sleeper?
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:48 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

well the usuall method is sticking the orc shaman swords into thier hearts, but I might have missed something, also last weekend I finished gothic again and it was way harder to killer the sleeper because he kept throwing fireballs at me, first tiem he did it with such presistense
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:24 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by cptmaxon
well the usuall method is sticking the orc shaman swords into thier hearts, but I might have missed something, also last weekend I finished gothic again and it was way harder to killer the sleeper because he kept throwing fireballs at me, first tiem he did it with such presistense

I had that same problem the second time I tried to banish him, but in the first time I just ran and put the swords inside, ran back, dodged a few fireballs and repeated until the Sleeper was banished.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:48 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next