I got the Addon today so where the hell is the addon? *spoil
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I got the Addon today so where the hell is the addon? *spoil

Alright so when does the actual addon take place? and how do i know when im taking it?

Simply put what quests or where do i have to go to get the addon done as fast as possible etc.

I've been playing 9 hours already and its all been the same as Gothic 2 it should have started at the addon i dont want to do all this back tracking crap.

I hope they dont expect you to do all gothic 2 quests and fight all monsters in all the same areas all over again to gain experience i just cant be bothered doing that all over again

Its been 3 years since i played Gothic 2 i've noticed some new dialog and the few new movies but big deal i dont wanna have to back track everything just for a few lines of dialog when the hell does the addon start

Im guessing the main thing is to Join a Guild Paladin , merceny or mage get into the upper quarters and get the eye of innos and then the eye of beliar right? Well i know how to get up in the upper quarters done that before but no idea where eye of beliar is but i assume once i get the eye of innos i talk to xardas.

So please for the love of god explain when the actuall addon kicks in i dont really wanna play everything all over again for a few lines of dialog or items.

I cant remember Gothic 2 much so i dont even know whos new or old in the game lol i dont remember seeing that Pirate guy or maybe he was i cant remember.

Well just let me know cant take more of this i'll just end up deleting it and wait for gothic 3
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:22 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You should have seen some differences already, because the addon is fully integrated in Gothic 2.

For example you must have met Cavalorn and a few other new people. The real deal starts in chapter 2, you will go to a whole new, very beautiful world, about the size of the VoM.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:21 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

It starts in the first dialog. Xardas gives you 2 quests instead of one.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:05 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

So you can just ignore all gothic 2 quests or do you have to do some of them to progress in the addon?

All i remember is he asked for the Eye of Innos cause of the dragon army (that was in gothic 2) and the eye of beliar so do i really need to get the eye of innos? Whats the other quest dont know where to get the eye of beliar.

Yep i noticed that npc at the fireplace i had a feeling he was new he asks me for help with the bandits but he could handle them all by himself i just basicly stood there and watched him kill em all.

So can you play the whole Gothic 2 game with out even doing any of the addon things? Like when you start the addon and finish the addon will a ending movie play and its over or does it stop and you can play the rest of the gothic 2 game?>
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:36 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's all neatly interwoven if I recall correctly; you have to play the addon main quest or you won't progress any further at a certain point. There's no addon ending movie IIRC; once you're done with the addon main quest you just continue your Gothic II adventure.
But I'm not 100% sure, it's been quite a while...
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:39 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
So you can just ignore all gothic 2 quests or do you have to do some of them to progress in the addon?

You have to do enough so that you can join one of the guilds. Then either concurrently or after you finish this, you need to complete a *NEW* addon quest that takes palce in Khorinis. Talk to Vatras -- he will tell you.

Then in chapter 2 you will end up having a choice: Enter the valley of mines or go to the addon world. It doesn't matter what order you do it, but many of us do the addon world first and I suppose that's what you want to do.

Before you can enter the addon world though, you'll need to complete some quests for the Water Mages in Khorinis. But this is totally new stuff, not a retread of existing G2 quests.

quote:

All i remember is he asked for the Eye of Innos cause of the dragon army (that was in gothic 2) and the eye of beliar so do i really need to get the eye of innos? Whats the other quest dont know where to get the eye of beliar.

No, you complete the addon WAAY before you can get the Eye of Innos (which happens in Chapter 3). The other artifact is called "Belair's Claw" and you'll get that in the addon world.

quote:

Yep i noticed that npc at the fireplace i had a feeling he was new he asks me for help with the bandits but he could handle them all by himself i just basicly stood there and watched him kill em all.

Dude, there are a TON of other changes right away. You haven't played G2 in a while, but if anything, that should make your experience even more fresh.

Just between the Tower and Khorinis there are several changes
- The new quest from Xardas
- New item in Xardas' Tower
- New dialouge from Lester leading to an alternate way to enter the city
- Cavalorn - a completely new Character (for Gothic 2)
- Different way to complete the bandits in the cave quest
- Greg, the Pirate is a totally new character

quote:

So can you play the whole Gothic 2 game with out even doing any of the addon things? Like when you start the addon and finish the addon will a ending movie play and its over or does it stop and you can play the rest of the gothic 2 game?

They have set it up so that you *must* complete the addon before the regular Gothic 2 can proceed. You can delay entering the Addon world until Chapter 3 if you want, but you cannot finish Chapter 3 without finishing the addon. Most people do the addon in Chapter 2.

And after you finish the addon its effects still ripple throughout the game. THe new items introduced in the addon are still all over Khorinis and the Valley of Mines. Some characaters you meet in the Addon-on world will later appear again in Khorinis. And you may not have noticed but the rules for Character advancement have changed SIGNIFICANTLY. That's for the whole game.

So really like everyone has been saying, the add-on is really an "add-in". It changes lots of things in the existing Gothic 2 AND adds a new world explore in Chapter 2.
If you really can't stand to replay Chapter 1, even with new quests, changed areas, new characters, etc... then I guess you weren't really a Gothic fan to begin with.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:48 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Well i must admit this turned out to be a big disapointment so its more like a little bonus they should have just put these things in the first place when devoping Gothic 2 or something.

But with this difficulity increased and doing all the gothic 2 quests and killing the monsters in the same areas would be good to level up to take on the addon levels it just doesnt interest me and cant be bothered so i deleted it awile ago its just cause all that work i did in Gothic 2 years ago i dont wanna look at the same areas at all or kill any of the same monsters but thats what i was doing to become stronger but i said hell with it and deleted it.

So im just gonna wait for Gothic 3 this woulda been alot better if i didnt play Gothic 2 then i woulda played it and the addon but i guess for a person who beat gothic 2 its not as fun i guess at least for me.

Its 3 years so yeah cant really remember anything.

I really hope they dont increase the difficulity in gothic 3 cause then it wont be fun and just frustrating.
Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:41 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe, little bonus? It has a huge area of its own, with loads of NPCs, a desert, a swamp etc etc.. also there are several new spells, new weapons, a special uber quest weapon etc etc etc. The add-on is fairly big, and with all the new quests it will take you many, many hours indeed to get through it all.

Just play the game as you always do, and you will start noticing new quests as you go along, and new people. In chapter 2-3 these quests will lead you to an entirely new region.

Good luck!
Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:39 am