Usergroups
install the addon on english version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well I don't think this is the point of the problem but give a try and uninstall this program.
As for the firewall. Check you computer’s programs and he'll find out if you have one.
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:29 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I uninstalled it, then i tried to install the addon again, but the same error keeps popping up.

Its so iratating

Can any one plz help me?
Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:54 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok thx, patriot.

I found out that i dont have firewalll

So whats my next step?
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:00 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Hold it I'm a bit of confused.

You say that you can't install the add-on right.Have you instaled the German gothic2 first or are you trying to install it on the English gothic2 game.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:08 am
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Patriot, i have german gothic2.exe
But when i try to install the addon, this error pops up in german "could not find the original Gothic 2 DNdR." And it exits the installation

So, can you help me in any way possible?
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:50 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ok, as far as i understood from you now, you have installed the german Gothic 2 game, and already patched it to v 1.30 then (NOTE: if you installed a german Gothic 2, you DON'T need to install any patch, just install the adon over it directly), DURING the addon's install (and absolutely sure not BEFORE/AFTER the file copy process starts/ends) you got that error message.

if THIS is the case, then there are only 2 possibilities:

1) you have a pirated CD, and the installer checks whether if the CD is original or not before/during/after trying to install it... the obvious solution: go buy the addon!

2) you have the original CD, but the installer check doesn't recognize it. most probably is because of a CD-ROM incompatibility (there are some original games which have probs with some specific CD-ROMS types), so the only way would be to try to install it from another CD-ROM (or you can make an image with the Daemon Tools, and try to install it from it). or it can be because you somehow got a damaged CD/damaged it, so go try to change it, or again buy another

Last edited by cothyso on Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

CP problems can have a lot of reasons. I also got this message once -on a German G2 + add-on- because I had ZoneAlarm running in the background.

Try to install the add-on on another PC. If it works there itīs something with your PC.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:53 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

If you have a pirate add-on please tell us that.You see the add-on is copy protected and you can't play it if it's pirate.

As cothyso said check it if it has any scraches or use it on another computer.There you can find out where's the mistake.If the CD has a problem then buy another one if your computer has a problem and the game isn't pirate we'll try to help you.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:56 am
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thx for replying guys, i tried to install it on my uncles PC and it worked fine. There must be a problem with my Cd drive.

So there are only 2 solutuions, 1. get a new PC/ Cd drive , lol , big diference.

2. or make an image using Daemon Tools, like Cothyso said.

But i dont know how to do that, can you guys help me with that, if it doenst work ill try to buy new CD drive.

I really wanna play this game
Thaks for your time, and your fabulous help
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:03 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thx for replying guys, i tried to install it on my uncles PC and it worked fine. There must be a problem with my Cd drive.

So there are only 2 solutuions, 1. get a new PC/ Cd drive , lol , big diference.

2. or make an image using Daemon Tools, like Cothyso said.

But i dont know how to do that, can you guys help me with that, if it doenst work ill try to buy new CD drive.

I really wanna play this game
Thaks for your time, and your fabulous help
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:04 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

well, you must do it like this:

1) get WinISO from the net, install it, make a CD image with it (for example an ISO one)

2) install DaemonTools, mount the image made at the point 1) in DT's new created virtual CD drive

3) install it from there

4) patch it (2.6)

4) this time you'll definatelly need the nocd patch for the version 2.6 in order to make it work, the game won't recognize an image even of an original CD as original, therefore that's why you'll need that nocd
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:18 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thx for replying, Cothyso.

I installed Daemon tools, then monted the ISO image on the drive, opened it from there, the installation begun. When i clicked the "next" button in german, the virutal cd check thingy upperared, after a while it stopped and the same error appeared.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs not sure your DVD drive is incompatible. Itīs also possible you have soe software installed which the installer doesnīt like. Hard to find out, though. I guess you donīt want to reinstall your windows.

Updating your chipset drivers is worth a try. Most chipset manufacturers release new drivers frequently.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:59 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Or change your DVD drive with a friend's one.If this isn't the problem then you post here again...

If the things that Gorath adn i said don't work I'll be running out of ideas.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:10 pm
Drumheller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey guys thx for your sugestions

But how do i upgrade my CD/DVD drive?
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next