Finishing the Game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Finishing the Game

A friend and I both worked very hard throughout Gothic to come where we are. We had just exited out of the orc temple where the sleeper is...asleep. We then activated Uriziel, got to Xardas with new information and went out and got new armour. We then had a little bit of fun killing mostly all of the Old Camp. So after that we decided it was time...time to go back inside the temple and hopefully kill the sleeper. Sadly, we weren't able to find a second scroll into the temple. Now, I do remember awhile back before we ever even went into the temple Diego discussed with me about a meeting. I totally forgot about it when I went into the temple. So when I came out I hurriedly went out and told all the guys about the meeting...Sadly though I dnever knew what it was about and the meeting never happened after i went in.
So here I am stuck outside the Sleepers temple without anymeans of what to do. I do see that weird glowy mace (I think it's a mace.) up top where the other orc shawman seem to be praying. Could that have helped me intp the temple?
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yes. Use a telekinesis scroll.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:47 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

And it's a statue.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:55 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

pick up the statue and use it on the switch.

(the shamans will attack you)

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:47 pm
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wait, I pick up the statue? The one the orc shawman are worshipping? Well how do I get up to the top of that weird thing they are worshiping, but I can't seem to. Help...and what was the secret meeting about? You got to give me a little more info.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 5:32 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Use a telekinesis spell to move the statue down there, you should have picked up a few along the way.
About the meeting: you need to tell the other participants (Lester, Gorn and Milten) about the meeting, and you'll receive some XP for it. You won't see the meeting happen, however.
Post Fri May 02, 2003 5:48 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay so we got the figurine/statue down. So what next? Wheres the switch, theres one right by the door to the temple but it still says its jammed. Anywhere in the orc village where the switch might be?
Post Sat May 10, 2003 4:55 am
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My dear friend in distress,

The proper switch you must use in order to regain access into the sleeper temple is indeed then one right next to the gate you spoke of in your last post. I am going to venture a guess that you did not have the orcish statue in your possession when you attempted to activate the switch. With that said, all you must do is gather the statue into your inventory and once again use the switch. After this, the gate should drop and you will be granted passage into the temple. If for some reason this does not work you are in fact screwed; in this case you must utilize MARVIN mode. MARVIN mode is, for some reason or another, what the game developers decided to name the games cheat mode. In order to enable this mode you must first call forth the character stats screen. Once done simply type in the word Marvin, after this lightly stroke the escape key and the game should notify you that MARVIN mode has in fact been initialized. Following that step, position your character within close proximity of the gate whilst facing it. Then simply press the F6 key and you should be instantaneously placed on the opposite side of the gate. If this does not work it is simply because I have instructed you to press the wrong function key. In this case proceed to mash keys F5 through F12 in order to achieve the desired effect, one of them is bound to work. If in the extreme case this advice does not work, proceed to acquire a heavy blunt object and smash the living hell out of your pc with it. At this point it is obvious that you computer has it out for you, and as such, should be dealt with like anything else that may get in your way: with extreme, prejudiced, and blind anger. Let me know how this works for you.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:57 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

or you could press "K" key while in marvin mode, standing next to the gate, facing it. Occasionally your character maybe stuck to the ground after doing this, if so, press F8, if that doesn't work, i have given the wrong F key, press all of them 1 by 1.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 10:45 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Righto chaps. Thanks for the help. So, finally Gothic 2 has arrived. Well, thats good. I'm wondering if there will be a 3rd, because the second never had an online ability. If you guys have any idea please tell.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 3:50 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

No. 3 is in the making.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 4:01 pm
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay, We've got a problem, we seperated the rune and the sword right. Well when we did that we didnt realize we didnt have enough wizard levels to control the rune. We also got into the temple but we cant beat the apocolypit warriors with Uriziel. So we need some experience, is there a cheat to instantly boost us up our wizard level from a level 4 to a level 6. Or is there enough creatures in gothic to support that.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 12:10 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

you need to somehow gain 7 levels...
using marvin mode press F2, type insert xp_map (to type a "_" you need to press "shift" + "/" because the german keyboard is different to US/UK)
this gives 1000 XP each time, or type insert mincrawlerqueen since she's easy to kill and gives 2000 XP, eventually you'll make it
Post Sun May 11, 2003 1:15 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There is a faster way:
1. Locate the level==>xp table. Should be on Ariakasīs site.
2. use 'edit abilities' to set your xp a few points below the next level.
3. kill something. This will push you over the border to the next level.
4. repeat from step 2 until you have enough skill points.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 6:17 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What's Akrias site? Also is there a cheat to get one of those urshaks to come. The 15 thousand ones?
Post Sun May 11, 2003 11:20 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next