Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Please check out my RPG, XenithsYore.Demo available,details.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
XenOtaku
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Please check out my RPG, XenithsYore.Demo available,details.

Hi, my name is Jon, owner of AllusionWare. We recently released a demo for out flagship title XenithsYore. I would love for everyone here to download our demo and comment on it. All comments are logged and we will discuss each one and attempt to fix all complaints/concerns on our next demo. After downloading...please keep in mind. This game is an amateur developed game, so dont expect "morrowind" graphics. its more like Everquest. Here are some screenshots.......

And a direct link to the download....
http://www.allusionware.com/files/XenithsYore%20V2.zip

and a link to our website....
http://www.allusionware.com
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:46 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Im downloading right now and will leave my comments when i have tested it.

Okay, i have played it now...

When i started it, the sound was bugging a little, but thats not a big problem, but it was loading for a long time and my computer isn't really slow... otherwise i think its a cool game, improving the graphics is needed, i would like to see a combat system too.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:49 am
XenOtaku
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for checking it out. Our next demo will be more of an actual "demo" not just an exploration thing. There will be story scenes, a battle system, enimies (obviosuly) and many things improved. Thanks again for checking it out.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:49 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by XenOtaku
Thanks for checking it out. Our next demo will be more of an actual "demo" not just an exploration thing. There will be story scenes, a battle system, enimies (obviosuly) and many things improved. Thanks again for checking it out.

Welcome... I look forward to try out the next demo.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:10 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Some quick thoughts having downloaded and tried the demo.

1. You really should have a text file specifying what is supposedly working in the demo so one can judge fairly.

2. Once I hit the middle mouse button to get to 1st person perspective, I could not get back to 3rd person perspective.

3. There appears to be NO keyboard use at all - no movement keys, etc. - in general I feel this is very bad. Mouse only is nasty on the hand and really restricts various actions.

4. There appears to be no in game access to a menu of any type. I saw a menu box onscreen but I could not activate it.

5. Loading is VERY slow - if I had to go through that each and every time I played the game, I wouldn't.

6. While it may seem nice from your perspective to have your names in lights (the opening), it took WAY too long and I was forced to sit through it each time I tried the game.

7. I like the opening text explanations, however, there should be a way to speed them up - most of us are likely to be fairly fast readers and when you present a line at a time like that with a fairly long timer for reading the text - again it gets aggravating.

8. I saw no way to look around - only movement. One really must be able to look around without moving.

9. When I changed my direction while moving, the camera did not change my view to keep it forward facing. I had to stop momentarily and then upon stopping the camera changed to show me the forward facing view - making movement around the terrain very difficult.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:35 pm