Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic III Soundtrack samples and upcoming public showing :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Gothic III Soundtrack samples and upcoming public showing :)

http://www.gothic3.com/index.php?do=097099116105111110061109101100105097

I loveee those samples. The "Medley" one is simply beautiful. At around 1:30 it sort of reminds me of phantom of the opera for some reason. I hope there's a lot more scores like that in the game, with some good "chaotic" ones aswell.

upcoming public showing at Europe's largest consumer games fair in Leipzig, Germany in four weeks.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/635/635123p1.html

Someone needs to DEFIENTLY go there and get some pics/info for us and some autographs (j/king, but that'd be sweet if someone could).
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:58 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gorath! GORATH! Get moving, hehe. Noone in the world is better at reporting the news of the gaming world than Gorath, so we should all hope he intends to go!
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:14 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The public showing is no surprise. Stefan Berger already told us at the E3 that the presentation at the GC will be much bigger.

It´s not clear whether or not we´ll be visiting the GC.

I prefer the other song over the medley. It sounds a little bit better 5 meters awy from a 50 piece orchester, though.

We´ll translate the article from Yiya. It´s already up on their site, for those among you who can read German.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:53 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I listened to them both I loved the medley one, sounded epic like it should, like the music you hear when in jurasic parc they arive on the island or the theme of indiana jones that you hear on the right times
I loved it
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:12 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Both number are great, too bad they didn't give us a sample of that Japanese Drummgroup, don't know what the name is.
It's a major improvement, the soundtrack will be a lot better if you ask me.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:58 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

(Originally posted in the News Comments forum:)

The Divine Powers theme is good, but I LOVE the Gothic 3 Medley!

Good work, Pirhanas!

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:03 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

WoG has a making of with the Japanese band.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:22 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The music is very LOTRish but that's imho not a bad thing.

Just for fun i tried today to translate the first part of the yiya article. I hope it's permitted to post it.

Gothic 3 Soundtrack Session

Computer games are becoming more and more complex, from a technical view and are approaching little Hollywood productions in terms of effort and budget. Fortunately this does apply to other aspects of the games creation process and such issues like music that are normally hidden in the petty cash doesn’t have the aftertaste of “Oh well, now we only need music..may someone please just do it ? “

Nowadays complex and innovative compositions for games are made with the same high level of professionalism like in movie productions: with a real orchestra. Rarely does this apply for pure german productions but fortunately this year two blockbuster gamesequels from germany have world orchestra premiere. Spellforce 2 and Gothic 3.

But let’s look at Gothic 3 first because KOCH Media, JoWooD and Piranha Bytes have made an invitation to the “Bochum Audimax “ for their orchestra recordings where 3 days in a row they hope to make soundtrack recordings for Gothic 3. In-house componist Kai Rosenkranz, self-ecucated person and movie soundtrack lover, is once again responsible for the music of the new game. Supported by Valery Voronov who has taken on the orchestration, the “Bochumer Symphoniker” are playing under the lead of conductor Dr. Hans Jaskulsky.

Already when you entered the Audimax you could eavesdrop the musicians tune up their instruments and who listened carefully could yet recognize the main theme from the previous Gothics…. and not because the quality of the orchestra leveled the whole theme to another dimension. You just can’t compare a real orchestra with the known obviously improving sampled orchestra. You just can’t simulate what a real instrument is producing and so i went more than excited to the first recording session.

Hope there aren't too many mistakes in it, hehehe.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:16 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Read a translated version of some interview on gothic3.net. Very interesting, seems the whole proffesion/guild thing is more like it was in G1 with fighters and magicians in all guilds, and you decide which to be as a proffesion, instead of entire guilds like in G2(1 for hybrid, 1 for caster and 1 for fighter).

Very interesting, looks promising.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:36 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I love how they keep revamping the Gothic 1 theme. It's so recognizable and makes for great continuity.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:14 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I agree, and Gothic 1 was superior to almost any RPG I've ever played, so I think it's a good move from the devs to look back at it when creating G3.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:18 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
...Japanese Drummgroup

Japanese Drummgroup? Looks like I'm not informed well enough.

I liked both samples (Just like I knew I would, heh.) and I was very happy to hear the original theme in there. But I hope that there will be at least one track that is completely... hm, how to put it... epic, you know, without any slower moments - a track for some great battle or something.

Also, I want to hear (Am I too demanding?) an ominous, frightening track like the one that you could hear when you neared the Orc Cemetery in Gothic (I missed such music in Gothic 2).

Of course, I am aware that Gothic 3 will have also new music and I trust that I will like it, since I loved the soundtracks of the previous games.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:03 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Looks like the articles will be ready tomorrow night.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:23 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Brilliant! I've read a lot of rumors about this and that lately, and if the article(s?) could shed some light on all of that, I would be very grateful indeed.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

This will sound great on my damn great speakers
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:44 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next