Usergroups
NPCs that can join your party
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm pretty sure I posted this already, but now I can't find it. This could be because of two things...

1. Lack of sleep and too many brain cells lost to maryjane.
2. It was lost in the hack

At any rate,sorry if you've seen this already. But what NPCs can join you and follow you around for the whole game. I only know of 2. Mud,and that loner in the Swamp Camp. Are there any others?
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:00 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Gorn will follow you. I think Lester will. Milten won't. Diego won't. (All off memory, please correct if needed)
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:31 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I don't think there are any more, and I'm not sure I would even call those others "party" members, since they just run away when the fun starts!

If you want a party member, Dusty will follow you around forever if you don't take him to the Baal in the swamp camp, it isn't a vital mission anyway. Plus you get all the xp for his kills, just like you should.

Dusty isn't a perfect party member, however, you can't increase his stats within the game progression, and you have to -O- in and change his +5 club to a better weapon. His native s=20 so he can handle a better weapon, one of the +29 axes in the swamp smith's chest worked well for me.

I never tried to give him a bow, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find out he could use it.

You can also equip rings and amulets on him, giving him a greater range of weapons to use.

But, the biggest problem with Dusty is that he is immortal, so you never have to watch out for him, so it's more like just having a bodyguard around all the time.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:50 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:

On 2002-03-08 08:31, sauron38 wrote:
Gorn will follow you. I think Lester will. Milten won't. Diego won't. (All off memory, please correct if needed)

Sorry Sauron38, I was writing the book above when you posted your response so I didn't see it :

I wasn't talking about Gorn, Lester, Diege and Milten when I said I wouldn't consider them party members. I meant those two losers from the top post. My bad.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:03 pm
Lester's Friend
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Two questions.
1. Who and where is the loner in the Swamp Camp?
2. How do you equip party members with other weapons? (or is it using marvin mode)
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:14 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

1. He is in the swamp surrounded by swampsharks.
2. Using Marvin Mode.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:46 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I inserted MC plate and put it on Dusty, (and Wolf, Stone, and Cavelorn too!)he doesn't need it, but I could only take so much of that indigent look.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:15 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Skip the castle yard arms dealer won't follow you, but he'll cheer for you when you beat up his buddies in his shop in chapter 5, and in some instances he'll fight in your stead there as well.

Personally, I think he's completely off his rocker .

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:42 pm
Lester's Friend
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for answering my questions Val. I'm going to look for him now!

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:59 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-03-08 09:03, Gig wrote:
Sorry Sauron38, I was writing the book above when you posted your response so I didn't see it :/

Use the 'Topic Review' button, so you can see somthing like that.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:06 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:

On 2002-03-08 14:06, sauron38 wrote:
Use the 'Topic Review' button, so you can see somthing like that.

Thanks! I will
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:31 pm
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks! Hopefully in Gothic 2 you can get a sidekick or 2. I hate being a loner...guess I got spoiled w/ D&D games and the Fallout series.

Lester's freind...His name is Shrat I believe. He is a Sect Camp novice and he lives out near the swampweed fields in the middle of the swamp. Just search around the swamps until you see a half submerged looking house.He is inside there.He's tired of the swamp camp and wants to go rob people.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:47 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In the three times I've played he's ended up swampshark chow... they'll leave him alone until you come into the area for some reason... but as soon as you start speaking to him, he seems to be marked as 'possible snack'.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:56 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:

On 2002-03-08 12:42, Jaz wrote:
Skip the castle yard arms dealer won't follow you, but he'll cheer for you when you beat up his buddies in his shop in chapter 5, and in some instances he'll fight in your stead there as well.

Personally, I think he's completely off his rocker .

Skip shot arrows at me from a longbow I had traded to him! It appears he appreciated the attitude adjust you gave his buddies!

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:58 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

Skip shot arrows at me from a longbow I had traded to him!

What!!! How did he dare to...?

In all three instances when I arrived in the yard in chapter 5 to teach people some modesty, he just stood there on the premises with an arrow notched (I had sold him the bow as well), looking swamped... he never harmed me. Never. Just complained when I entered his shop with a weapon drawn, so I put it away . He also complained as soon as one of his buddies entered the shop with a weapon drawn, just that they didn't put them away...

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:11 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next