Easy way to be the one
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Easy way to be the one

I'm only level 9 (no faction) but I have 116 strength (10 from rings) and as weapon the Rvenge Steel sword (92 dmg I believe). It's to easy to do this.
First go to the Old Camp and clear all chest to get some ore. Then give 1000 ore to Thorus to let you in the inner circle. Then take the Rusty Two Hander sword (30 strength only but 61 dmg) and also take the 2 potions of strength +3 (but keep them). Then go kill some scavangers and molerats also do some easy quests (only for 20 LP) to train strength to 30. Now using the Rusty Two Hander start killing beasts until you reach 95 strength (you may train the hunting skills before). Then go to New Camp to get the +5 strength bonus for free from the guy from the rise fields (I forgot his name). Use the strength potions now and als get some rings from the water mage in the New Camp (Cronos?). Now the trick for the weapon: go in the crevase under the old monastery (the one you need to transform in meatbug to get in). In the crevase there are some snappers and after you kill them, in the small cave in a chest there are 2 Transform Into Meatbug scrolls. Use one and go in the orc camp and in the tunels under it (entrance is at the right of the temple entrance) and here you will find the Revenge Steel sword (needs around 70 strength to use). Use the other scroll to get out of the orc camp.
Now you can kill all in maximum 2 hits even untrained in 2 handed weapons (all this without knocking any NPC) at level 9.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:32 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

impossible to reach such a high strength at such a low lvl, or atleast not at the way you tell so, because to be able to get 1000 ore in old camp without hitting anyone you will never get 1000 ore so no way in in the inner circle + you need money to buy lockpicks
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:44 am
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

All you need to open chests are one or two lockpicks and a good memory or a pencil. You don't even need sneak, because you just rush in a house, open the chest fast and until the other people start to hit you (they give you some time), you are already out. And you will have also a lot of stuff to sell. Believe me I did it (ok this is the 5 time I play the game).

Last edited by ncn on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:53 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

true or a lot of loadings, but did you really did all of this? wasn't hell crawling like a meatbug to the orc camp? and wich gate in the orc camp do you actually mean?
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:56 am
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It takes about one hour to get enough money from the Old camp and about 20 minutes to get the Revenge Steel sword. And the way to go is in the orc camp (passing the bridge), go under the big wood gate, go where the 4 orc shamans are doing a prayer (right), and instead of chosing the temple door (closed) enter in the tunnels in the right (I think there is some kind of bone structure at the entrance). And it's fun to see all the orcs turning around to watch you and making noises while you are a meatbug .
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:11 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

money is not a problem, you can smith crude swords forever and get rich.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:57 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I did something similar to this, I was on level 13 no guild master 1h weapon and 90 Str armed with bullits sword and rings to add to defence, I completed the chromanin quest which added a few levels then transformed into a bloodfly flew over to the orc town and got revenge steel, after I got that I went on a killing rampage and before I joined a guild I was on level 20.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:50 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

How where you able to get bullits sword so soon? he is strong
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:56 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

while he is sat down I snuck up behind him and attacked him, by the time he had drawn his sword he was nearly dead, I had high Str and mastered 1h weapons, but its harder killing all those skeletons, but you get loads of exp
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:28 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

What is this Bullit's sword, i never heared of it, anyway what is it's damage and str. requiered???
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:41 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's bullit's sword, It is called the sword of fear, nothing special but it's the best 1h available in chapter 1 it douse about 45 damage and requires about 30 str, can't remember the exact number
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:49 pm
cheahkimsang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think it was Sword of Fear.

Besides, I also notice the forging crude sword forever thing. You can make unlimited crude sword from that grimstone.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:54 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

... and by now you have blown the 2 Transform to Meatbug scrolls, what you need to enter the old monastery ruins to get the Focus stone. Hope you'll find additional transformation scrolls from vendors, to be able to enter those ruins later, in CH4
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:18 pm
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm almost 100% sure that there are Transform to Meatbug scrolls for sell later in the game.
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:09 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I doubt it actually, atleast untill after you needed them there, or if you are lucky from that chapter on. but if I were you I would keep a savepoint just in case
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:06 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next