Everything's in German!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
dutch311
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Everything's in German!!

After a couple of times of saving games the game decided to crash when I was saving a game. After it crashed it wouldn't start up anymore. So i reinstalled it and ran just fine. But the same thing happened. I ran it in safe mode and then restarted again to go back to normal mode and i started up the game again. But i started playing and noticed my looking with the mouse didn't work. I went to the controls and found out that everything was in German.

I need help fast, because this is just such a great game and i would like to finish it.
thanks
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:03 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

The only thing coming to my mind is to edit the controls manually, from the gothic2.ini. If I'm not mistaken, the whole file is in English...
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:48 pm
dutch311
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks, but isn't there a patch or something, because the subtitles are in German too.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:34 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Not really. The English G2 already comes patched (up to version 1.31, I believe)...
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:48 am
alarinn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by HWFanatiC
Not really. The English G2 already comes patched (up to version 1.31, I believe)...

Patched already??? That version is so bugged, I doubt it would have made it to Beta 2 in the states. I crash at least 6 times in a 2 hour session. I can't remember that last time a game was so crash-prone. Now I remember....it was Gothic. A great game made into a decent game with all of the bugs.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:33 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by alarinn
quote:

Patched already??? That version is so bugged, I doubt it would have made it to Beta 2 in the states. I crash at least 6 times in a 2 hour session. I can't remember that last time a game was so crash-prone. Now I remember....it was Gothic. A great game made into a decent game with all of the bugs.

In this case I would rather say you should learn how to configure your PC correctly. Gothic 2 is rock stable. And buggy.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:42 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

dutch, it seems there´s some kind of incompatiblity. Either some program you´ve installed or running doesn´t like G2 (or vice versa) or you have a hardware related problem. Can be everything from an unreliable driver over ZoneAlarm to a heat problem.
There must be a reason why G2 crashes.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:51 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Everything's in German!!

quote:
Originally posted by dutch311
After a couple of times of saving games the game decided to crash when I was saving a game. After it crashed it wouldn't start up anymore. So i reinstalled it and ran just fine. But the same thing happened. I ran it in safe mode and then restarted again to go back to normal mode and i started up the game again. But i started playing and noticed my looking with the mouse didn't work. I went to the controls and found out that everything was in German.

I need help fast, because this is just such a great game and i would like to finish it.
thanks

If this happens again, save your saved games and then delete the one that you were saving when the problem happened. You may not have to re-install at all.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:15 am
GothBloth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

The copy I got form BB the other day is version 1.32
1024MB Corsair LLPT PC3200
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
Maxtor 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache ATA133 HD
Sony 16X DVD
Sony 52 CDRW
Hercules Fortissimo 7.1
Intergrated NIC
NEC LCD 1712
TTGI Superflow 520W PSU
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:50 pm
Gorath