Members
Usergroups
Something better than glass armor...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
sphinxlet

Something better than glass armor...

I've got a glass shield and cuirass...I ran into some nasty dudes last night with ebony swords that did major damage to my glass shield (took it down to 0, cost over 900 to repair.) Got an ebony cuirass off of one of the guys but it's heavy armor, although the ebony short sword is rated light...So, my question, is there anything stronger than glass for light armor users?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 8:37 pm

Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: Something better than glass armor...

I'm a medium user...but I don't think I've seen anything better than glass armour for light...
Maybe you can enchant it somehow with constant shield or something like it...
I got some skirt and blouse and on of 'em was enchanted with 5 pt shield or so...so I'm some warrior transvestite atm...
Post Thu May 16, 2002 11:59 pm
sphinxlet

Well, what's the best you can get in medium armor? If it's something significantly better than glass, maybe I'll get the dough together to train for it. Even though I'm a mage, maybe I could even train for heavy since my character is high enough so I'm up to 315 pound weight limit. Since I've already got that ebony cuirass, that might be my best bet. It's great armor and pretty cool looking too...But trying to enchant the the glass, that's a good idea. Haven't done too much enchanting yet (just a robe and my wakizashi). I did score a few grand soul gems, but will have to find some potent soul to capture.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 3:11 am

Arieles

for grand soul gems

Best thing I found in game was the Dagoth's in Red Mountain =). The ones named after and found in their citadels there make 72000 ones =P.. only other I found was like ash ghouls or the lesser dagoths in there =).

Arie
Post Fri May 17, 2002 5:26 am

Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by sphinxlet
Well, what's the best you can get in medium armor? If it's something significantly better than glass, maybe I'll get the dough together to train for it.

I don't know how high you can take glass armour,but my Helm and shield (dreugh IIRC) are at 106 now...so I'd think you can get significantly better in medium.(haven't managed to find a full set,only those two)
Otherwise the (Vivec guards,whatever they're called...) armour is prob. next best and Orc's not too bad...
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:33 am
Mr. Sixpack

Glass n Dreugh

Dreugh looks simply ... terrible.

But that s not the reason for the post. No. Dreugh armor is NOT better than
glass. Sadly enough, glass has a multiplier of 1.6, while dreugh only goes as far as 1.2.

How is that? Well: You armors' ratings are:
<armorskill> * <armortype-multiplier>

eg. you have 50 in medium armor and orcish has a multiplier of 1.0:
50 * 1.0 = 50 armor

Glass goes as far as 160.
Ebony is 2.0, daedric 2.5.
Would anyone else now the total listing?
And IS there a medium armor out there with a better multiplier then indoril?
I mean, even indoril doesnt beat glass.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 4:41 pm

DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Mr. Sixpack: Cover it up with a neat robe =)
Post Fri May 24, 2002 4:54 pm
Juz'la Ironstar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dunno.. Dreugh armor with browns n tans in clothing looks decent. I personally like the Dreugh shields appearance. Try mixing your armor as well maybe a lil orcish w/Dreugh (get a "look").

You can get Dreugh cuirass in one shop and its also a (static) loot item in a blades quest dungeon. Additionally if you come across the "Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw" quest one of the "mobs" you must kill has a great deal of Dreugh on.

As for light armor I know that the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide is excellent and has 90%(?) Magic Resistance to boot.

Its all in there... just be patient and you'll come across something you like.

Post Script: High Agility = Evade (pump your agil if your a light armor user).
Post Fri May 24, 2002 5:52 pm
Necrox
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah I love mixing types to get a "look" You can get sum really neat mixes.

"An example of this years hottest Morrowind fashion could be Bjorn here, whose marvelous outfit is composed of a great stylish mix.
First we see the classic and always stunning Ebony Cuirass ($35000) based by the Hair Shirt of Saint Aralor ($100) for a little bonus protection against those pesky bad Daedra worshipping mages.
To cover his legs, Bjorn has chosen a pair of Orcish Greaves ($1760), stylish Idoril Boots ($2000) and a base of Caius' Black Pants ($4) as a spice to make him a little more illusive.
Bjorns arms are covered by Ebony Bracers ($5000 a piece) and the super cool Idoril Pauldrons ($2400 a piece) for that extra broad yet majestic look. To allow him full freedom for his ferocious battlecries and deadly stare, he has chosen not to wear a headpiece - a bit daring perhaps, but is it cool?
We think so!
To round things off, a Saint's Shield ($15000) directly from the temple in Balmora never fails.

I think we can safely say that with an outfit like this, you just know this Nord is gonna get 'em all horizontal - foes and women alike.
Go get 'em tiger!"
Post Fri May 24, 2002 7:10 pm

Orcish is the best medium I've ever foudn with my lvl 60ish character, indoril and dreugh looks like medium for a while, but when I use it for a while and savbe and load they both become heavy thus useless to use as medium armor. And orcish will give you 100 at 100 skill so it's pretty pathetic compared to glass.

There are some unique armor pieces that are light and are way better than glass, there's a thing called the saviours hide in tel fyr up by the wizard and it gave me over 200 ar with 60-70 light armor skill and there's the boots of the apostle which are covered in some other post here, don't remember uite where I found them they gave 200+ ar and are light aswell at around 60-70 light armor skill.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 12:46 am

Remember your armor rating is as depend on your armor skill as the armor itself.

Other than some special stuff, glass is the best light armor in the game. So if you are working the light armor skill, glass is the way to go. My Light Armor skill is only around 43, have a full set of glass armor, Armor rating is 70 something. As the skill increases, this will go up.

Noticed the same thing with a prior character who was a fighter type relying on Heavy Armor.

About midway through, I'd acquired a full set of Ebony Armor from various locations. Heavy Armor skill was only around 50 at this point. Armor rating - in the 100s. By the time I stopped using this character, his Armor rating had gone up to 216 with the only change being Wraithguard and a Daedric glove. Why the drastic increase in Armor rating? A Heavy Armor skill of 94.

Whichever of your armor skills is the highest, use that type of armor unless you want to work a specific armor type.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 2:37 am