Usergroups
Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

About the wolf thing. On many occassions I have had things "spawn" randomly like this. One place it seems to occur more often is at the old monastery with snappers.

I can't count how many times a snapper has spawned behind me down in the ravine.....and they did not fall from above because they are 100% healthy. They are not there going in, but should be. I pass where they should be and go to the chest and come back out and they are there Sometimes there will even be one or two there, instead of the normal number. I kill them, go to the chest and return to find the remainder of them right where they should have been.

The same has happened in the monastery courtyard.....but I think these are true spawns, not just late arrivals. I've killed off the courtyard, gone into the cave where the shadowbeast is, and returned to find a couple of snappers standing around.

Another place is near the merc camp. If you are standing looking at the entrance, a path leads up on your left. At the top is a cave with a few snappers outside, and a bloodhound inside. I have had this cave spawn as many as 4 bloodhounds, one after another before I can exit the cave.........and it is very unnerving when it happens

These things are obviously a bug, maybe only on my machine.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:20 am
Squeek
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
I made my information verifiable....simply email NicoDE or another dev.
Well, you've provided a lot of information, Uriziel. Can NicoDE verify your claim to be a genius who used the most state-of-the-art technology to check the code?
quote:
Wulf certainly has found some interesting things, as have others. None could not possibly be considered as proof of this hidden quest, yet statements abound that the quest is real.
And how would you know that, Uritziel? Did he send you a PM, explaining them? He's reluctant to post them, because of the open hostility here, and that's my point. I know because he shared some of them with me.

It was clear from the beginning that this was highly unlikely, Uriziel. Claiming you have been hurt, because you didn't get the results you had hoped to find is foolish. It's like the gambler who becomes angry after he loses his money or the researcher who turns bitter in the end. Hopefully, your son learned a valuable lesson instead.

If you can no longer tolerate people voicing dissenting opinions, then maybe you should get out of this thread. Myself, I'm getting a little sick and tired of your calling people morons while informing us all of your genius.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Squeek
quote:
I made my information verifiable....simply email NicoDE or another dev.
Well, you've provided a lot of information, Uriziel. Can NicoDE verify your claim to be a genius who used the most state-of-the-art technology to check the code?

What do my abilities, or lack there of, have to do with the maker saying it is not real? That is easily verifiable evidence...again, email a dev.

quote:
quote:
Wulf certainly has found some interesting things, as have others. None could not possibly be considered as proof of this hidden quest, yet statements abound that the quest is real.
And how would you know that, Uritziel? Did he send you a PM, explaining them? He's reluctant to post them, because of the open hostility here, and that's my point. I know because he shared some of them with me.

None of the things posted in this thread are even close to proof in any way.....except for a dev saying it does'nt exist. If things have been given to you privately, good for you.

quote:
Claiming you have been hurt, because you didn't get the results you had hoped to find is foolish. Hopefully, your son learned a valuable lesson instead.

I never claimed I was hurt, but both me and my son learned valuable lessons. He learned to not believe everything he reads......I learned to pay more attention to what my child is doing.

quote:
If you can no longer tolerate people voicing dissenting opinions, then maybe you should get out of this thread. Myself, I'm getting a little sick and tired of your calling people morons while informing us all of your genius.

A dissenting opinion should be accompanied with evidence. I offered my evidence....did you bother to verify it? No other evidence in this thread is even remotely verified, but you cling to it.

I offer a challenge to this thread. Nominate someone you trust and will believe....someone like Jaz would be nice since she speaks german. I will provide them with NicoDE's cellphone number. They can easily verify with him about the quest.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:36 pm
Squeek
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
I never claimed I was hurt....
Nonsense. You certainly did.
quote:
A dissenting opinion should be accompanied with evidence.
Or it shouldn't be tolerated? Where did that rule come from? People have a right to their opinions and beliefs.
quote:
No other evidence in this thread is even remotely verified, but you cling to it.
I am clinging to the idea that this conversation would be a lot better without the open hostility.

Your offer to reconsider if we can prove wolverine-men is right or that you are wrong is simply out of whack. Wolverine-men is surely right or wrong (and his claim seems highly unlikely). We should be able to consider it and discuss it civily, regardless.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:36 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
I will provide them with NicoDE's cellphone number. They can easily verify with him about the quest.
Not necessary, thanks.

Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion, and offering it is not forbidden, as long as it's a) not against the forum rules and b) done civilly and without personal attacks. Right there, Squeek.

Anyway, if the squabbling on a personal level doesn't stop, this thread will be closed.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:59 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

@Squeek

I said my SON was hurt, not me personally. I stated many times I actually enjoyed the chase.

This forum offers the chance to debate. A debate offers points and counter-points. If you believe something and wish to convey your point, offer evidence instead of conjecture and hype.

You can continue to debate something you can't prove if you wish. Just don't try to label it as fact. And yes, I did notice you skipped over the challenge offered to end this sillyness. I keep offering to putup, and have. You want to deny all reason and kill the messenger. My post is not hostile in any way, it simply states facts you can't seem to face.

I would MUCH prefer we talk about TRUE hidden things in Gothic. Verifiable things, even anomalies.....in another thread and let this hoax die it's natural death.

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:05 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Not necessary, thanks.

Since you know them personally, I did'nt think it would be necessary lol.

Fess up Jaz.....give us the goods on G3! Have you seen anything to blow us away? Don't tell WHAT it is, but......will it surprise us?

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:17 pm
Squeek
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
I said my SON was hurt, not me....
I would quote you, but Jaz deleted those posts. No matter. The point remains the same.
quote:
You want to deny all reason and kill the messenger.
Well, I don't completely agree with you, if that's what you mean. I don't think this has all been figured out. As I mentioned, Wulf has come up with some pretty cool stuff. I can't imagine how it will come to anything if there is nothing in the software. But he's figured out what some of the books mean and some of wolverine-men's clues too, and some other stuff. It's fun to consider, whatever the outcome of all this.

If NicoDE is in a position to know, and he says this is only a hoax, then it's a hoax. I agree with that. Unfortunately, he left the door open, because he didn't exactly say that. That's not rejecting all reason, either. A phone call would almost certainly straighten that out.

I wonder. Why didn't your son call him?

I think that would be a miserable way to end all of this, though, with one side shouting down the other, ridiculing them and making them look foolish for hesitating to give up.

Personally, I don't think Wulf's memory is playing tricks on him, and I refuse to consider that he is lying (that point has been bottom-lined in such an ugly way that I don't want to be associated with that position right now, even just thinking objectively). He doesn't seem to have any agenda other than trying to figure this out.

This discussion is going to move to the Usergroup that is being created, and that should make it friendlier. If anyone is interested, you can check it out at the Usergroup Recruitment Office.
Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:31 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Not necessary, thanks.

Since you know them personally, I did'nt think it would be necessary lol.

If Nico wants to see his phone number in a forum then he will post it. He surely doesn´t need your help to spread it.
Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:13 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You misunderstand Gorath. If you notice, I removed it from his email to me. I meant I would share it privately with one person to end the matter. In his email he made that offer.

I would never post his or anyones number in a forum

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:15 am
Optik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey everyone! Im a BIG fan of gothic and gothic 2 and ive been playing it for years. Now...i installed it once again several days ago and i wanted to solve The Stranger this time
So i ran a google search and got here. I read all 41 pages in 1 night -.- . Its pretty great that some guys here, like Wulf gave a good tribute to solving this mystery.
With my own expirience, i did chromanin quest for the first time now (lol, i didnt know that there are suposed to be more books but nvm), and i found the guy dead. But i dont think that some guys here are lying.
Well, this is what i want to write here:
I read somewhere here that someone pushed that column in the monastery over to the other platform (we all know that it falls on the other side usually), and someone said (the same guy or smbd else) that there was a winch in area where Quentin is. Now...I REMEMBER CLEARLY that i once played gothic and i went to quentin area and i found a winch, lol. I was very suprised on how i didnt see it before. there was a wodden door in the mountain (somewhere where Quentin stands..on that side of area) and when i interacted with winch the door opened. The door looked like the ones on old camp main gate. So, when i played the next time, and the time after that, and after that...there was no winch
What i want to say here..theres something wrong with gothic. It does unusual thing sometimes, and i believe that those things happen once in a milion

So the same goes with Chromanin. I dont believe that u will find scripts or whatever in gothic (im not a programmer) for winch and door in Quentin area, or the column falling on the logical side, not on usual side, nor for the Chromanin quest, it somehow happens.

Btw i have 1.08j international version. Cu later guyz and sry for my grammar mistakes
Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:54 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Optik

first og all welcome to our happy forum
and i think the winch thing was me .. good to see that im not complitely alone on that one
and your right .. gothic does apear to do many strange things ..

for some reason in my versions all the rings and amulets's models have gone and been streched somehow .. if anyone dont belive me i'll make a screenshot .. this even happens if i reinstall the game ..
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:03 am
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lost reality

Uriziel,

I've been gone the past two weeks. I'm sorry to see what's been going on. If anyone goes back and reads both your posts and mine they will see that this doesn't exist in the code as well as the e-mail from dev. I even described the one and only trigger event for book 5 that directly loads the corpse.

Hence, I'm leaving this thread. It's not worth my time.

Wulf will NEVER find anything because it's not there. However, he'll do anything he can to keep this thread going at all costs.

D
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:59 am
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh yeah...

Wulf must have forgotten the password for his wolverine_men account.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:01 am
Optik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i dont think that wulf and wolverine_men are the same person.
wolverine probably expirienced a gothic anomaly which he couldnt explain, like i cant explain quentin's winch
Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:10 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next