Members
Usergroups
sottilde and the code book
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
some guy

sottilde and the code book

Is anyone part of the fighters and thieves guild and doing this quest for the fighters guild? i can't get sottilde to give up the book. She tells me to choose sides or something and I can't even talk further about the issue.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:42 pm

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i did this without any trouble. all you'll need is a ring or something with 100% chameleon for about..... 20 sec then , hop up on the table behind her , wait for her to face you , activate the ring , run behind her , use sneak and pickpocket the book from her. before you attempt this , save.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:53 pm
some guy

hmmm... what if my sneak and security aren't so good? And where in the world do you get a ring with 100% chameleon?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:58 pm

Loxias

I made mz faction with her to 100% then I just asked her for a book. She gave it to me. So simple.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:22 am

quote:
Originally posted by Loxias
I made mz faction with her to 100% then I just asked her for a book. She gave it to me. So simple.

Wow. I have her up to 99! You need 100 to do that? I have a question tho: does it matter if you are also part of the thieves guild? Cuz she keeps telling me I have to choose sides and no option comes up to just take the book... maybe you do need 100...
Post Fri May 31, 2002 3:23 pm

Powerslave

I killed the bitch.

I was trying to get her disposition up to 100, by bribeing, admireing, and finnaly intimidateing. None of it worked (My speechcraft was about 2). So finally, I got so fed up, I went against Percius Marecius's wishes, and hacked her into little pieces. She got one or two nice licks on me, but I turned her into a serving of tossed salad. Then the rest of the damn thieves guild came after me, so I had to dispatch them too. My sword flew with the power of the possesed. Killing, murdering, pillageing, Ravaging... leaving nothing left alive. Blood smeared the walls, severed limbs littered the ground.

Sugar-Lips... Ooohhh Sugar-Lips. She ran, but after such a slaughter, I could leave none alive to prove witness to my acts; I chased her down... my sword had broken in the ferocious, mindless melee. So I used my hands. Throwing her down, I started pounding on her face. Lost in the extasy of the fight, I lost track of time. Once my adrenaline rush came to an end, I finally realized what I had done, and smiled. Her face had been completely caved in, gore and brains dripping off of my fists. her lower jaw had completely been torn of, and lay besider her mangled form.

But hey, I got the book.

Yet, when I stepped out-side... It happened all over again. Guards came at me from all sides, demanding my death. They left me no choice but to kill them all. Lost in the passion of my rage, I was unstopable. Though my sword was broke, my magic was not. Upon the first guards death, I grabbed his long sword, and felt whole once again. One by one, the tree-hugging elves met their deaths. By the time I finally arrived back into the Fighters Guild, Fire Eyes said she wanted nothing to do with me.

After all I had done for the guild, she wants nothing to do with me? So I skinned her alive and urinated on her carcas. But once again, the other members of the fighters guild did not like my choice. So their lives were also lost...

Why do these cycles always happen to me? I just wanted a damn book.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 10:44 pm

Shadows
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

code book

To get the Book from her, drink an Potion that raises your Personality
Use an strong Fortify Personality Potion or an Telvanni Bug Musk
I raised my Personality to 105 points and after that she gave it to me.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:17 pm
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wow! Powerslave needs new drugs!

My experience-bribed her to 100%-no dice. Intimidate and taunted to 0%-no dice. At about lvl 10 with stealth and security in the 25-35 range, I tried to pickpocket from standing up on the table behind her, book was there but she caught me and attacked! Killed her, but no one came to her aid, but I got a price on my head. Went right down to the bar keep and he forgave me for a pretty penny. Everybody around town knows I did it, but nobody cares and I got the damn book!
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:51 pm

Just a less bloody way: being in the Thieves' might prevent the 'just ask for the book'-thing, it sure didn't work for me. So, just try to pickpocket her, wait for her to attack if you don't succeed, and then use Hand-to-Hand to knock her unconscious and simply loot the book. She'll be a bit mad afterwards and you'll have to make some tiny amends to the guild, but after a while it'll all be forgotten.

Best to lure her upstairs for the fight so that she'll not constantly attack you for the next few times you come back to the guild. Give her time to blow off her anger in solitude
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:21 am

some guy

when you knock her out you don't get fined or anything?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:10 am

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ok heres what you REALLY need to do , i hope you havent used up that grand soulgem the mage's guild sells ... ok ! go and buy ANY chameleon based spell at the mage's guild ,now go to the clothing store , steal from /kill the clothing store ho and get a exquisite ring, now , take the ring back to the mage's guild , talk to the enchanter, use the grand soulgem with the winged twilight in it , and the ring , set chameleon's magnitude to 100 and 100 , then just click up the duration until it sits at the ring's limit. it isnt too hard! not to mention you get a really good item to help you steal things!

(if you dont have the gold to but the enchantment , go to the merchant j'rasha or whatever , go around his store to the nook where the weapons are , (EVEN IF YOU HAVE LVl 1 SNEAK YOU CAN DO THIS.) now he cant see you there , hold down sneak , snatch every single weapon he has, and sell them to meldor next door , then , you might have enough cash to get the enchantment, if you still dont , head on down the the clothing shop woman's place (if you killed her) and grab all the EXPENSIVE and EXTRAVAGANT clothing, NOT THE EXQUISITE because those are for you even the skirts, now take the expensive and extravagant cloths to j'rasha , sell them to him , and you should be set!... you still arent set!? ok well , now go to the pawnbroker's place. taunt and kill 'em, take EVERYTHING in his shop that isnt nailed down, sell the weapons and stuff to meldor , sell the plates clothes ect to j'rasha. you should be set to buy the ring now, if not.... go to the mansion with the dead body , close the door to the woman's room , and liberate all his possesions. sell them to J'rasha, or meldor depending on what they are. sell EVERYTHING in there unless its of use to you or its Exquisite clothing(good enchantment values) ok done ransacking? good! now get that ring!)
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:28 pm
Guest Dare

geeze rob....
You sure do spend a lot of time stealing things!
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:20 am