RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is the Official Demo any different than the leaked demo?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am wondering if anyone has played through the new Official Demo and can say if there is any major differences compared to the demo that was leaked about a month ago? I dont want to play through again just to do the same stuff that I've done a multiple of times in the previous demo!
Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:21 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Well I haven't played the "new" one, but I can tell you what the differences are. The new one has a splash screen for the new publisher in the load up sequence.

Post Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:16 am

Almost certainly there is no difference.

This a citation from one of (now finaly official) Czech mirrors (see the end of the paragraph):
UPDATE 18.9. 16:00
Piranha Bytes announced today that they signed deal with Xicat which will publish english version of Gothic in the following territories: North America, France, Benelux, Scandinavia, England, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and Korea. According to this great news, they released official demo of Gothic to the public, which you can download below (its the same as previous demo that came out 3 weeks ago).

Mirek
Post Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:31 pm

I run a Gaming (Game Guide) Website. I will leave out the name of the site to show respect for RPGDot. Anyway, Pyranha Bytes sent me a Fingerprinted Demo Version. From reading a few posts on this forum, it soulds to me like there are many more quests in the Fingerprinted version, then in the downloadable version.

There were about 6 (going off memory) Shadow Quests, and 3 Quests given by people in town. There are a few other "special or unique" events that occure as well (such as not paying protection money, and then having a Digger lure you outside the Colony to ambush you).
Thorus gave you a Quest to kill a Merchant (though I have forgot his name), etc.
However, I could not complete the Recipe Quest because I could not pick up any Meatbugs (I could find a lot of the bugs, just could not grab them).
without using any sort of cheat, I was able to play up to level 7, and reach Gomez. The Demo would end there, telling me that I have gone too far, and that I have reached the end of the demo.

Cheers
Tribe
Post Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:15 pm