View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
Nice try, but I think JoWood already knows we want the game.

aaarrrggghhh!!!

Please read the original post!!!

This is not just to convince jowood to release the game. This is to help them get a distributor!
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:48 pm
Randal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Kunszentmárton(Home) or Budapest(School)

Hungary
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:09 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
quote:

aaarrrggghhh!!!

This is not just to convince jowood to release the game. This is to help them get a distributor!

I'm sure they'll put a rush on for 16 people...Point is, you'll need a much larger venue if this has any hope of helping at all. Maybe use JoWood's forums as well.

If JoWood really wanted to demonstrate the size of the fanbase to publishers, they would just release the English demo.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:50 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I will sign this petition but i am not going to state my exact location, so...

Ammon
somewhere in Montana
United States of America

EDIT -- JoWood, if you dont release Gothic 2 within a year from this date April 12th 2003, i am never going to buy anything from you again. You arent that important to me. And i keep software grudges.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:14 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
quote:
quote:

aaarrrggghhh!!!

I'm sure they'll put a rush on for 16 people...Point is, you'll need a much larger venue if this has any hope of helping at all. Maybe use JoWood's forums as well.

If JoWood really wanted to demonstrate the size of the fanbase to publishers, they would just release the English demo.

OK, you just keep being negative. I am sure thats REALY gonna help...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The petition has now moved. I have set up a very basic site at:

http://65.67.135.131/gothic2petition/index.php

The current petition has been transfered. The site will automatically email me each time its signed, and will EMail JoWood each time a multiple of 50 sigs is reached. I have implemented as much reasonable control as possible so people dont post over and over, but its probably not perfect.

Also I have been unable to test the site outside of my LAN, but I HAVE accessed it from this public IP. So please either post here if you have a problem or email me at chekote69@hotmail.com.

Please dont sign here anymore, as I will not be monitoring it as often.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:22 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

aaarrrggghhh!!!

OK, you just keep being negative. I am sure thats REALY gonna help...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The petition has now moved. I have set up a very basic site at:

http://65.67.135.131/gothic2petition/index.php

The current petition has been transfered. The site will automatically email me each time its signed, and will EMail JoWood each time a multiple of 50 sigs is reached. I have implemented as much reasonable control as possible so people dont post over and over, but its probably not perfect.

Also I have been unable to test the site outside of my LAN, but I HAVE accessed it from this public IP. So please either post here if you have a problem or email me at chekote69@hotmail.com.

Please dont sign here anymore, as I will not be monitoring it as often.

one people cant access ur ip specially if ur routed and ur router isn't programed to forward them to yours, and 2 why not just use the petition at gopetition.com ?? u seem stubborn yea, and some people dont want to tell city only state or country so another problem there
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:56 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Dbesing

one people cant access ur ip specially if ur routed and ur router isn't programed to forward them to yours, and 2 why not just use the petition at gopetition.com ?? u seem stubborn yea, and some people dont want to tell city only state or country so another problem there

You dont have to put all that, just put N/A in a field if its not applicable. But obviously the more info you provide the more useful it will be to JoWood in procuring a distributor for that area.

I am not stubborn. That petition site was overcomplicated. If I did put the Gothic 2 petition there, it would have been lost amongst the crowd. At least I have control of it now and I can promote it wherever I want. If people sign it too many times or scew it up, I can fix it. I am sure I wont have that amount of control on your petition site.

P.S. I have a router that is showing my WebServer http port to the public web. So it should work. Just try it and let me know. I know what I am doing, trust me. But I never just assume somethings working without testing it first, buts its kinda late here and I cant call anyone to test it for me.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:01 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I'm not being negative, just realistic.

Your petition doesn't work for me, BTW.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:23 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
quote:

You dont have to put all that, just put N/A in a field if its not applicable. But obviously the more info you provide the more useful it will be to JoWood in procuring a distributor for that area.

I am not stubborn. That petition site was overcomplicated. If I did put the Gothic 2 petition there, it would have been lost amongst the crowd. At least I have control of it now and I can promote it wherever I want. If people sign it too many times or scew it up, I can fix it. I am sure I wont have that amount of control on your petition site.

P.S. I have a router that is showing my WebServer http port to the public web. So it should work. Just try it and let me know. I know what I am doing, trust me. But I never just assume somethings working without testing it first, buts its kinda late here and I cant call anyone to test it for me.

Your right u wont Have control I will and i can manage it, and i can edit with with Acrobat and its offical form and style petitions are,
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:33 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

The link doesn't work for me

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:28 am
Evil Timmy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Same here...seems like you need a better host/to unbork your configuration.

But, to do it the manual way...

Evil Timmy
Hong Kong
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:36 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I think it was a firewall configuration. Try it again.

P.S. If it doesnt work, please give me more information than "It doesnt work" =0).

I already registered evil timmy's sig.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:56 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I think it was a firewall configuration. Try it again.

P.S. If it doesnt work, please give me more information than "It doesnt work" =0).

I already registered evil timmy's sig.

Hey, I just tried it and it worked.
Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:40 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you know the bad thing about ur petition anyone that signs and goes there ip shows , so i wont be signing yours
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:10 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
you know the bad thing about ur petition anyone that signs and goes there ip shows , so i wont be signing yours

You cant do anything on the internet without showing your IP address. You may think that just because it doesnt show on a website that no one knows it, but every tiny little packet your PC sends out has your IP address in it.

And why would showing your IP address be a problem? Hackers usually attack at random, why would someone target you specifically? What have you been doing to piss off a hacker?

If you want to vote and not have your IP show, then just sign on here and I will do it myself. The whole point of the IP thing was to make the petition appear more legitimate to JoWood, so they dont think I just made some random signing program.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:26 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next