Fallout 3, question.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Fallout 3, question.

Is there a general consensus about the player view, whether iso is mandtory for Fallout or could the Fallout series be as incretibly good, in say third person view?
I bring this up after seeing NWN 2 moving to thrid person and I not sure Bethesda has ever made an iso.
I guess the biggest problem with thrid person would be managing NPCs, though it would be great to see the Fallout world in more detal.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:52 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

My initial reaction is to say that the game should be iso if it's going to be a good Fallout. On the other hand, if the game is done a different way, then I'm willing to withhold judgement until I've played the game. If it isn't going to be iso though, then I'll want a demo before I spend money on the game.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I would prefer as many things to stay true to the original as possible, including an iso (or at least floating overhead) camera. I don't think there's any chance of that, however, and it's the least of the big issues. More important is turn-based and the SPECIAL system. Even more important is getting the setting, the dialogue, the multiple paths, non-linearity and the breadth of effective character options.

I don't expect any of the first ones to happen, so they'd better do a splendiferous job of the last lot.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:23 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

hahahahaha, fallout 3 is dead dead dead, nothing at all will bring it back, it's as dead as interplay, the next fallout will be only by name not by spirit
Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:26 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I sure understand what you mean, while I think I perfer the 3rd person view due to the more immersive feel.

Think the TB should not be to much trouble, more if they choose to implement it, which they certianly should.

Just not sure how they would handle the party system, not sure I have ever been in 3rd person view with a party of more than 4, thou not sure everyone considers Redemption 3rd person.

The SPECIAL system was great and unique which should be a major boon to Bethesda.

The most recent statements I have seen, they mentioned they want to make the 3rd game as if they had made the first 2, I at least take that as a good sign.

The biggest problem Bethesda has at least imo, is their games can be stale and lifeless, which I hope this new AI system helps overcome.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:19 am