Can anybody translate that for me?
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:22 pm
The Republican
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

NM I got it:
Northman:

- Patchwork-Armor
- The metal is covered with leather and fur, thus only visible at some occasions
- Orc-bones and the like are part of the outfit (to emphasize the wild nature and the constant fight against the orcs)
- Fur "choker"
- Rasta-hairdo or braids
- Wooden scabbards
- Leather kilts wattled of scales

The helmet in this picture is very light and partly made of wood: Rather something for scouts who have to walk long distances with a light armor.

- Tatoos in the face!
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:35 pm
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Maybe it's time for a new main character. Hmmm?

I agree it's silly starting each sequel weak and having forgot all your skills due to some accident or whatever but I think it's necessary, or better than importing your character from G2 anyway, for two reasons. Firstly for people who haven't played the other games and don't have a character to import, and secondly it's way more fun that way. The most enjoyable part of a RPG is gaining experience, leveling up and improving yourself. Remember when you started out, running from a couple of wolves (I think they should change them to feral dogs as wolves get a bad rap and aren't actually dangerous to people, on earth anyway), and remember how satisfying it was after all that hard work you took out your first orc or skeleton? That's what's so fun. It would be no fun at all to import your character and be maxed out and have nothing more to learn.
You also have to worry about making it challenging for the hero, but then it would be impossible for the noob. I suppose difficulty settings would get around that.
I suppose you could compromise and give him some skill to start with (like Baldur's Gate 2 starting at level 7) but you have the same problem of explaining how he went from level 40 to level 7 or whatever.

Anyway, I don't think there's any point debating it. I get the feeling they only care what German gamers think. Look at German G2, according to an article it's polished and bug free. English G2... buggy, and they never bothered with a patch. English speaking gamers can debate about what we want in G3 until we're blue in the mouth (how much of G2's sales were international I wonder) but it's clear they have the German gamer in mind. So for that reason the only thing I'd like to see in G3 is one version of the game with both German and English language so I don't feel second class.

Thankyou for listening. Sorry to be negative, I'm just depressed about the addon and everything, y'know.
If you disagree with anything I've said don't respond, just ignore it.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:59 am
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Enemies

Why not make them more dangerous? I mean you start out more powerfull but you also face more fearsome enemies change the wolves into Demon Hounds, change the dragon snappers into small dragons and so on

well, maybe it's a little too crazy.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:36 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Since it's obvious you're not a total wimp when you start in G3, I think you'll have some skills. You can fight a little, do a little this, do a little that, but you can and need to improve it all when you progress.
So, I don't think that you'll be able to do all kinds of spectacular moves, but you can somethings already.

And of course they'll use this when they put the enemies in the game. So you won't some kind of superhero nor in the beginning nor in the end.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:08 am
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Maybe you guys don't understand the point of a RPG like Gothic, it's to start from weeklingness to toughness, you have to work yourself up. It's like what Templars say "Don't think you can stroll in and take the higest honors" you have to work your ass up to the top not start out good or anything. Maybe you guys who want to start out not weak aren't true Rpg fans because this is the point of all RPG's and what the point of starting out "sorta good". More work for the programmers and more missed projects and it's a hassle. Stop complaining and let the gamers design their own game because if you made it, it would be a very gay game, it a designers job. Also RPG means ROLE PLAYING GAME, you play a role from bottom up not mid-way top, good people think about this.! PEACE!!
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:50 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

weapons/armor

Personaly as a vetran of bothic gothic 1 and gothic 2 i would love to see a few things changed/added ect.

I think that you should be able to get more in depth into tradeskills ei, forging, foraging, alchemy, hunting ect. For instance i loved the gothic2 forging system but i think there need to be a lot more options, like being able to go to a mine and actualy mine ore, iron steel ect and then taking it to a forge having it melted down then made into bars, whatever materials u need and then having several options of the catagories of things to make like bows, ARMOR,weapons, jewlry and bling bling, even things like horses saddles and stuff(if they even add horses wich i hope to innos they do.) also i would love to be able to add custom effects to the armor like adding shoulder pad(s) different tint or color, and the armor rating would be based on your skill with forging, and more options would be come available as time went on, also you could be able to make peices of armor and wield them to gether kind of like a mix and match so if u wanted a good ranged protection you could add a big chest piece that had lots of plates but that would cost more then just doing it normaly. also i would love to see some kind of a housing thing added like u can either buy a house or have someone make u one and u could add to it, have different location options, although not in some ubsurd place like inside the royal treasury . also i would love and i mean love to be able to have the ability to make cloting added beacuse i dont know about u but i am a huge apearance person with all my characters and i will go to any length to obtain some good looking armor, clothing, ect and even to have your character be able to either buy it or make it with bought ingreadiants or be able to hunt and use different materials that u find to either brings to a tailor or make on your own ect. thats about it and i know it sounds like im trying to make this game turn out like world of warcraft, a widly unposted subject that up to now is still last posted by me
So long folks ill keep reading the sting and updateing my opinion on this, replying to anything so keep posting all my best. -Robar the II-
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:49 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well ur ideas arent bad but they would fit deffenetly more into Gothic Online or something cos those things u named will take away the magic from gothic if u can make ur own armor somehow with all kind of stuff inside then why not all other npcs make theyr own armor/cloth that they like it would look like circus right now it looks ordinary like it needs to be . But those ideas would deffenetly fit in Gothic online if someday something like this will be deverloped. Also someone sayd to change our hero to someone else allready that i dont agree , if the hero was in 1 and second the same and well the ending was kinda open ended and only touching our hero so why to change him to someone else in third part.Maybe in other parts if there will be any
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:03 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ya although one thing that hugely dissapoints me is the lack of the people caring about the american or english speeking gamers beacuse not a single patch or anything was developed in english or anything other than german and even if they do come out with a gothic 3 which at this point hasnt had much said on it, it may or may not have an english version to it but in that case that it doesnt i will protest and protest until i cant walk anymore and they have to dragon me off the streets in a sling but lets hope that doesnt happen
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:31 am
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think it should be cool if they keep making Gothic like 4,5,6,7 etc lol but i would also like to have like in ultima that u can make ur own arrows by cutting down trees and the feather by like killing the (SPENOR) a Chiken type of monster for Gothic lol (made it up) and u get the glue or tartar from the swamp.And also important that u have like ur own house and stuff and u can get robbed and u get missions to find whoever stole from u..hahaha. damn im full of ideas,, And horses or (GINUS) for quiquer and faster transportation and also so there could be like spear games on horses that are quests lol (DONT KNOW) Also it would be good if u could like hunt horses down and they are not easy to catch lol. U have to run and hide and be cautious and also make like alot of them so u can choose. I HAVE A PIC IN MY MIND LOL.. well thats what i would like or some thing i would like for the Gothic series. long ehhh lol
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:28 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by cubanaso1602
I think it should be cool if they keep making Gothic like 4,5,6,7 etc lol but i would also like to have like in ultima that u can make ur own arrows by cutting down trees and the feather by like killing the (SPENOR) a Chiken type of monster for Gothic lol (made it up) and u get the glue or tartar from the swamp.And also important that u have like ur own house and stuff and u can get robbed and u get missions to find whoever stole from u..hahaha. damn im full of ideas,, And horses or (GINUS) for quiquer and faster transportation and also so there could be like spear games on horses that are quests lol (DONT KNOW) Also it would be good if u could like hunt horses down and they are not easy to catch lol. U have to run and hide and be cautious and also make like alot of them so u can choose. I HAVE A PIC IN MY MIND LOL.. well thats what i would like or some thing i would like for the Gothic series. long ehhh lol

hehehe well the first thoughts were indeed really nice onez i vote for them but about the horses i dont think i would bring them into gothic series why? cos actually there were no clues about horses in gothic 1 and 2 so why it needs to be in gothic 3 and btw u got an house in every part sometimes even more than just one for example in gothic 1 swamps in the new camp u got an little hut if u kick one guy out and u got also one hut in old camp pretty same in 2 part in the city u could spend the night in the hotels etc
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:17 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I definitly think there should be a housing system for gothix three but one thing that would be awsome is if u could make ur own guild and have npcs join and assign them quests and stuff but sill be able to advance through storyline ect and the horses idea is alright but like it would kind of be unrealistic and hard to do beacuse you would have to add stables ect and if u run through the town then u would be knocking people over and stuff ect.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:34 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

YEAH but it would be kool if like Wolfs were tranformed and or instead of horses u can ride dragons, small ones though, and u can train them and Hunt them, sell them etc lol cool ..jeje
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:38 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ya that would be awsome but it would also be cool if u could have your own ship and like rent a dock in port or even start a shipping buisness but i doubt that will happen seeing as how at the time gothic2 ends the capital is under siege and it will probly not be oreiented on guilds as much as getting the orcs killed but dragons would deffinitly bee cool and so would ships and siege engines ect.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:40 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Pretty unrealistic too, can you guys imagine what an enormous amount of work that would be and how much the AI should be improved to make it realistic, cause we Gothic players aren't satisfied easily.
Of course, I agree totally, it's wonderfull just speculating what G3 will be and what new features the developers will come up with.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:05 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next